教育王國 討論區 海外留學 英國升學資料
樓主: SaBB
go

英國升學資料 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 07-1-21 18:10 |只看該作者

Re: 英國升學資料

Hi Rchlo,

Yes people living in northern part are usually more friendly than those living in London. The living standard is also lower. HOWEVER, be careful the accent problem. I have some problems on undertsanding to those people living in the North, especially Scottish. Irish is fine though.

82#
發表於 07-1-21 18:46 |只看該作者

Ooo really? Last time when I talked to the headmaster, I could only catch 80% of his speech.  I thought it's my problem(finally get an excuse )

Ruby_Duong 寫道:
Hi Rchlo,

Yes people living in northern part are usually more friendly than those living in London. The living standard is also lower. HOWEVER, be careful the accent problem. I have some problems on undertsanding to those people living in the North, especially Scottish. Irish is fine though.

83#
發表於 07-1-22 12:57 |只看該作者

Hi, rclho,

Thanks for your sharing.  You mentioned the most important step is choosing a right school for the child.  Could you share the experience how you choose the right school for your son and how much is the school fee at North UK?  You also mentioned we could go through the students' blog (Xanga) of the relevant schools, but how to check the students' blog out?  Finally, where I can buy/get the book "Good School Guide".  Thanks a lot!

rclho 寫道:
The very important step is choosing the right school.  Sharing with you my experience; my son has got offers from 3 UK schools.  When deciding which school to go, I have gone through respective Xanga to check out their students' blog so that I may know more about their school life.  I also read the "Good School Guide".  The information from this book is quite useful.  Eventually, I choose one school at North UK with few Chinese there.  Hope for a shiny tomorrow.  

84#
發表於 07-1-22 18:33 |只看該作者

Hi SHYUMAMA,

Here's my usual practice in sussing out a school

1) Get advices from friends having kids at UK.
2) Check the Times ranking table ~~ click here ~~
3) Check the BBC performances table ~~click here~~
4) Check the DFES performance table ~~click here~~
5) Check the Ofsted school  inspection report ~~click here~~
6) Read the "Good School Guide".  About this book, you may go to HERE to obtain general information but the most valued part, the independent views on the schools,  is not narrated on the free webpage.  You may buy online but I suggest you to go to British Council.  The book is on the shelf.  You may read over there.   Highly recommend this book.  The comments are quite sacastics to some schools.  
7) Read the blog of  the respective school students.  About this part, I'll PM to you as I don't want to make the post too long.

Glad to share with you my experience.

(Sorry that I have made a mistake in my expression.  Message updated.  )

85#
發表於 07-1-23 11:15 |只看該作者

Hi Rclho,

Thanks for your reply and the useful information.  When you PM me, could you also tell me about the school fee at North UK.  Thanks again!

86#
發表於 07-1-23 13:03 |只看該作者

請問 north uk 是指那處 ,謝謝

87#
發表於 07-1-23 19:58 |只看該作者

North UK covers Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, Durham, Lincoinshire....

magee009 寫道:
請問 north uk 是指那處 ,謝謝

88#
發表於 07-1-23 20:00 |只看該作者

SHYUMAMA,

I have sent pm to you last night.  

89#
發表於 07-1-23 22:28 |只看該作者

小兒9月份會轉到 lancashire 升 year 7,見你這樣寫,個心都定 D,他之前在 staffordshire 讀 year 5 & year 6.   

90#
發表於 07-1-25 04:28 |只看該作者

The Management School at Lancaster University in Lancashire is one of the very top in UK (I attended it myself, hehe ), although not many people in HK realise. As people live outside UK always have a mis-conception that the "good ones" are those in the bigger cities, while that might not always be the case. Northern England does have many good universities, such as University of Manchester and Durham University (very similar to Oxford and Cambridge)

91#
發表於 07-1-25 15:38 |只看該作者

rchlo,

Thanks for your detailed explaination.  Thanks again!

92#
發表於 07-2-2 15:06 |只看該作者

Dear rclho,

Thank you for your advice. I heard similar information as you advised. Anyway I am still hesitate to send my son to UK as he is not quite independent in learning. Otherwise I must go to UK with him. But I don't if I can get a good job in UK and I used to hire a helper in Hong Kong.... It seems a lot of things to consider

rclho 寫道:
I understand that it's not only the student has to stay in UK for 3(4?) years but also their parent has to, plus tax has been paid to UK govt before.  Nevertheless, I heard some students have successfully applied for local fees but it works in some small uni only.  

Blueplanet 寫道:
I realized that UK provides free secondary education for full UK passport holders (under UK citizenship) but not for University. If someone want to pay local fee for the University, he must stay there for at least 3 years before application for the University. Anyone know other alternative that we can go straight University at local fee without staying at least 3 years.
[/quote]

93#
發表於 07-2-2 16:15 |只看該作者

Hi rclho,

Would you please pm the the blog of the respective school students to me as well?

rclho 寫道:
Hi SHYUMAMA,

Here's my usual practice in sussing out a school

1) Get advices from friends having kids at UK.
2) Check the Times ranking table ~~ click here ~~
3) Check the BBC performances table ~~click here~~
4) Check the DFES performance table ~~click here~~
5) Check the Ofsted school  inspection report ~~click here~~
6) Read the "Good School Guide".  About this book, you may go to HERE to obtain general information but the most valued part, the independent views on the schools,  is not narrated on the free webpage.  You may buy online but I suggest you to go to British Council.  The book is on the shelf.  You may read over there.   Highly recommend this book.  The comments are quite sacastics to some schools.  
7) Read the blog of  the respective school students.  About this part, I'll PM to you as I don't want to make the post too long.

Glad to share with you my experience.

(Sorry that I have made a mistake in my expression.  Message updated.  )

醒目開學勳章

94#
發表於 07-2-5 18:56 |只看該作者

rclho
Would you please pm the the blog of the respective school students to me as well?

Which school is your son studying?

95#
發表於 07-2-6 12:51 |只看該作者

Hi rclho,

Can you PM me the blog of respective school students too?

thanks, Beeno

96#
發表於 07-2-9 23:43 |只看該作者

Dear rclho,

Could u tell me which school is your son studying?

Thanks!

97#
發表於 08-5-20 15:53 |只看該作者

回覆 #96 SaBB 的文章

小女現就讀国際學校, 準備升中, 各方面學術成績都屬于前5%, 去年也考入了Badminton, in Bristol, 因為$太貴, 老公話過几年再算, 甘想問
1) 如果想大學讀医, 有セweb site 有list 介紹?
2) 讀考IB 的學校 同AL 的優劣比較?
3) Oxford and Cambridge 收生有何攻略?

醒目開學勳章

98#
發表於 08-5-21 13:25 |只看該作者
原文章由 NLai 於 08-5-20 15:53 發表
小女現就讀国際學校, 準備升中, 各方面學術成績都屬于前5%, 去年也考入了Badminton, in Bristol, 因為$太貴, 老公話過几年再算, 甘想問
1) 如果想大學讀医, 有セweb site 有list 介紹?
2) 讀考IB 的學校 同AL 的優劣 ...

HKU讀醫同LAW都唔錯, 唔駛去到咁遠, 我見過有喺badminton讀完返嚟香港讀醫, 香港o既醫科唔差ga.
[img][/img]

99#
發表於 08-5-21 16:28 |只看該作者

回覆 #98 DoReMi媽媽 的文章

外國讀醫的話,返hk執業好似要考返試

醒目開學勳章

100#
發表於 08-5-21 18:08 |只看該作者
原文章由 hoiyiu2512 於 08-5-21 16:28 發表

外國讀醫的話,返hk執業好似要考返試

既然係咁, 倒不如中學俾佢過英國讀, 之後返嚟讀醫啦! 係就係貴啲, 但Badminton係top o既學校, 收得咁o既價錢, 應該都有返咁上下師資同資源. 除非唔諗住喺香港執業啦! 又或者返嚟再考過試.

[ 本文章最後由 DoReMi媽媽 於 08-5-21 18:59 編輯 ]
[img][/img]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖