教育王國 討論區 保良局陸慶濤小學 報了陸慶濤小一07年度,有冇同伴呀?
樓主: 笨笨媽
go

報了陸慶濤小一07年度,有冇同伴呀? [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 06-10-5 22:52 |只看該作者

Re: 報了小一07年度,有冇同伴呀?

lkong2005 寫道:
For my son, speaking of PTH is not a problem as he plays with friends from Beijing every week.   However, he needs to spend more time on learning the Mandarin phonics as the teacher starts teaching it in the class.

meiki 寫道:
Ikong2005,

Thank you for your information about LHT,,
May I have more idea about  LHT Chinese Lesson,Is all the 普通話,It hard for the child or you think easy to keep on.
[/quote]

Ikong 2005,
THank you for your help, and I also want to know about the maths, Is english teaches or.......?
Meiki

82#
發表於 06-10-5 23:04 |只看該作者

lkong2005 寫道:
會不會好谷學生?

It depends on you.  I believed "lay hard, Studies hard".     If your daughter/son can spend 30 minutes every day to review the materials, I do not think it is a problem for them.   It is more important to help the student to develop reading/studing habbit at school.    This is what I believed and what the school is trying to do.  The school have 18 years experience.  They know how to teach their students for their own goodness.

If you say that the students are played hard at school but do nothing at home (no homework, no reading/review at home, I do not believe that they learn much and do good in the public examination in the future.)  Even for the international schools with no homework, only the top students get good results as they read a lot of books at home.

Last year both EC, LHT and others DSS accepted my son,  I selected LHT.

Ikong2005,
Would you mind tell me why u give up EC(it too new?),because I want some more support for me to make a decision for give up EC.
And u say other DSS, it includ GT or not??????
Hope u can help me! Thank you very much.
Meiki

83#
發表於 06-10-5 23:16 |只看該作者

I think another parent answered this before.   Cantonese for Mathematics, PE, Visual Arts and Liberal Studies in P1.

Ikong 2005,
THank you for your help, and I also want to know about the maths, Is english teaches or.......?

84#
發表於 06-10-5 23:46 |只看該作者

Why I give up EC ?

Mr. Lo works as principal of other secondary school and EC : 1 - 1.5 year.
Mr. Chan works as principal of LHT : 18 years.

Mr. Lo have no experience working in primary school but secondary school only.  He should be a very good teacher to give a good speech.  Being a principal is difference.  It needs a lot of management skills.  

Whether a school is successful is highly depended on a good principal plus the execution and implementation of the perfect/ideal concepts by the teachers, not the principal.    To develop a well-established teachers teams needs at least 5 years.   EC may be a very good school 5 years later, not now.   A good failure example is Logos.  Now they go back to traditional approaches as their teachers only have experience in traditional approaches, less activities-based teaching method.  You can refer to other topics to see the feedback from Logos' parents.    Their workload is quite heavy, too.   Therefore I also gave up Logos in last year.

Besides, I think from P1 to P3, most of the schools are using more activities-based approach now, whether it is DSS or government aided schools.  From P4, all of them will go back to traditional methods.  Why ? The reason is that the good secondary school (whether DSS or  famous Government or Government Aided School ) mainly considered academic results to select students.

EC have problems to have high quality teachers.  You can refer to below information from education city :
播道書院
教師人數(編制內): 8
教師人數(編制外): 2
學歷 (佔全校教師人數%)
認可教育文憑: 100%
大學學位: 100%
特殊教育培訓: 0%

達到語文能力要求常額教師的 %
英文科: 100%
普通話科: 33%

年資 (佔全校教師人數%)

0-4年: 69%
5-9年: 22%
10年以上: 9%

You can see number teachers, the years of experience plus the % of qualified PTH teachers.  

For the others which includes :
1. % of band 1 students.
2.  Arrangement for after-school activites :
     EC : Not ready till now.
     LHT : More than 40 types
3.  Arrangement for study tour
     EC : Not ready till now.
     LHT : Several visits in one year (not for P1.)

I am more concerned on the real items, rather than a beatuiful pictures/concepts.   Besides,Life  Value Educations should be more effective done by parent/family education in daily life by parent rather than at school.
     I did not apply GT.
     This is only my personal feeling for your reference.  If you do not agree, you can ignore them.

Ikong2005,
Would you mind tell me why u give up EC(it too new?),because I want some more support for me to make a decision for give up EC.
And u say other DSS, it includ GT or not??????
Hope u can help me! Thank you very much.
Meiki

85#
發表於 06-10-6 13:32 |只看該作者

Totally agreed.  I give up EC also

86#
發表於 06-10-7 02:11 |只看該作者

Ikong2005,
Thank you very much,
Meiki

87#
發表於 06-10-8 14:53 |只看該作者

So, what achievements have this school made???

Thousands of MP3 players???  or Tons of video tapes???

88#
發表於 06-10-8 14:57 |只看該作者

lkong,
You give up EC because your kid is not going to make it.  EC don't want MP3 players.  You better stick to PLK.  There is good for your MP3 player.

89#
發表於 06-10-8 16:58 |只看該作者

各位:
請問有無人收到面試信?

90#
發表於 06-10-8 22:20 |只看該作者

No la

91#
發表於 06-10-8 22:56 |只看該作者

You are lucky.

Many students finish their homework up to 11:00 pm every night.  Poor little kids.

Don't worry!!  Many people will give up next year.  My friend's son was rejected last year.  He was not on the waiting list at all.  They called her and asked her son to join in June.  There will be plenty of supply.  But I just don't know why people have to pay money to push their kids.  

Every school could use the "pushing" method.  It is easy.  Just tell them to dictate English everyday.

92#
發表於 06-10-8 23:32 |只看該作者

Jovis,

I don't know what you wanted.  You guy only want to attack all of the schools except DGS only ??  I know your son was graduated from DGS
He will soon be graduted from HKU.   So what ? I guessed you are on the of age 45 -55 with nothing to do now.  Then you have a lot of spare time to
create subject in baby-kingdom e.g. "oor
Management in EC" to criticize all of the DSS schools ?
   Whether I gave-up EC or selected LHT is none of your business.  My son go to bed at 8:30 p.m. evey night except Friday or saturday.
   If you want to raise up something, please state your arguments/facts/data/statistics clearly.  Otherwise, I do not want to waste time on
you guy.  

93#
發表於 06-10-8 23:58 |只看該作者

Hi lkong,

How are you doing?  Actually, I sell oranges at TKO wet market, so I have a lot of friends who are housewives.  They like to ask my comments for schooling in TKO district since I have experience.  I just want to share my expereince with you guys here.  May be I am too old.  I admitted that I am very stubborn sometimes and my comment is quite straight forward.  It is not so nice to listen either. I know that.  But I just want to tell what I know.  

Most of the stuffs I say is truth, and people know that.  They just can't accept the truth since their kids study there.  For example, everybody knows that PLK's style is push, push and push.  right???

I just don't understand why you guys can't accept.

To be frank, 90% of information here are personal comments.  They say yes, it is good beacuse I like the principle..............

94#
發表於 06-10-9 19:30 |只看該作者

Re: 報了陸慶濤小一07年度,有冇同伴呀?

各位,今日收到面試信啦。
我個囡會 1100 interveiw。
信入面話21/10會知結果,另外24-25/10正取生註冊、26-27/10備取生註冊。

95#
發表於 06-10-9 21:20 |只看該作者

Re: 報了陸慶濤小一07年度,有冇同伴呀?

me too, but they need us to write somethings above school or hopes.  What will you write?

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

96#
發表於 06-10-9 21:25 |只看該作者

Jovis,

What you get the impression for LHT is corrected but not updated.
    If running a school is so simple as you said by dictating English everyday, you can be the principal. You do not need to sell oranges in the market.

Before I selected LHT, I also compared it with the other DSS, two PLKs schools and the governments-aided schools.
    PLK's school should be a bit harder than normal government-aided school as their academic level is higher.  
    I accepted it as I believed "lay hard, study hard".  Without spending much efforts on study especially reading books, I don't believe one get good results in the future public examination.  That is also the reason why PLK's school generates more % of band 1 students in TKO.

I compared LHT with other two PLK's school, I have the following findings :
    The workloads in LHT are less than the others.  
    It uses the activities-approached at least for P1 and P2 (DSS students).
    No dictation for P1 and P2 (for DSS students).  For P3 and above, they still have dictations, same as the normal government-aided school.
    LHT is highly concerned on the English as they want to turn LHT primary school to an English school in order to link to the EMI secondary school.
    They have more resources to hire more teachers, two teachers for major subjects such as Mathematics, Chinese, English and Science.  What you pay is what you get.  Even for the other DSS schools, they claim to have two class teachers, not two subjects teachers in each class.  LHT can lower the
    teacher to students ratio to 1:12.  The teachers care more about the students.

For the homeworks, there are not much penmanship/copy book.  
    The student needs to understand and analyse before he wrote the answers.  I don't agree that the student of LHT are MP3 players.  

One Student one sport.
    In last August, my son starts to learn swimming as LHT highly recommends their students to do it.  Till now he
    knows the free-style and frog-style.  He loves swimming very much now.  That is totally out of my expectation.

One student one musical instrument.
    I also appreciated this school policy.

Till now my son enjoys the school life very much.  He loves going to school.  We do not feel much pressure.   In case we are not satisfied with the school, we still have a lots of choice.  For the other DSS, it is very difficult  to have exist to other schools.   Thank you very much for your advise.

Jovis 寫道:
Hi lkong,

How are you doing?  Actually, I sell oranges at TKO wet market, so I have a lot of friends who are housewives.  They like to ask my comments for schooling in TKO district since I have experience.  I just want to share my expereince with you guys here.  May be I am too old.  I admitted that I am very stubborn sometimes and my comment is quite straight forward.  It is not so nice to listen either. I know that.  But I just want to tell what I know.  

Most of the stuffs I say is truth, and people know that.  They just can't accept the truth since their kids study there.  For example, everybody knows that PLK's style is push, push and push.  right???

I just don't understand why you guys can't accept.

To be frank, 90% of information here are personal comments.  They say yes, it is good beacuse I like the principle..............

[/quote]

97#
發表於 06-10-9 21:29 |只看該作者

WHAT'S UP? WHAT'S YOUR GOOD IDEA?  DBS'S BOY MUM...... ALL THE SCHOOLS IN YOUR EYES ARE BAD.....PLS BEHAVE YOURSELF.  MAY BE THE PRINCIPALS OF THOSE SCHOOL WILL SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMANDS.
I AM NO COMMAND ON YOUR PRESENTATION.
ALWAYS HAVE A LOT OF BAD DESCRIPTION .  DONT SHOW UP AGAIN....PLS

SHE LIKES A DEVIL. MAY BE HELLOWEEN TALKS ARE SUITBALE FOR HER. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

98#
發表於 06-10-9 21:55 |只看該作者

Are they really that good?

Howcome many parents say their kids became "Beking Duck" after they joined the school.  They regret.

A guy got 45 marks in his FIRST English Dictation.  You know what??  There was a comment on his book.  "Your performance is very bad!! You must work harder next time."  You know??  That was the first English sentence dictation in his life, and he is just 6 years old.  Can he take this comment???    If you newly joined a company, your boss gave this comments on your first day.  What do you think??
Oh come on!!  Gimme a break!!

You know??  Before that, he prepared for the dictation until 11:30 every night.  You may say he is stupid.  Yeah, may be he is stupid.  But so what???

99#
發表於 06-10-9 22:13 |只看該作者

I am speaking the primary school in TKO district, not include other area.

Jovis,
   First of all, there is no dictation in LHT.
   Secondly, you are talking about 聖若瑟英文小學 (彩石里) ??? What is the relationship with this topic ? Please check.

Jovis 寫道:
Are they really that good?

Howcome many parents say their kids became "Beking Duck" after they joined the school.  They regret.

A guy got 45 marks in his FIRST English Dictation.  You know what??  There was a comment on his book.  "Your performance is very bad!! You must work harder next time."  You know??  That was the first English sentence dictation in his life, and he is just 6 years old.  Can he take this comment???    If you newly joined a company, your boss gave this comments on your first day.  What do you think??
Oh come on!!  Gimme a break!!

You know??  Before that, he prepared for the dictation until 11:30 every night.  You may say he is stupid.  Yeah, may be he is stupid.  But so what???[/quote]

100#
發表於 06-10-9 22:25 |只看該作者

lkong,

You are right.  That is the one.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖