樓主: SaBB
go

英國升學資料 [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

61#
發表於 06-11-30 15:36 |只看該作者

Re: 英國升學資料

edithedith,

Could you send me the name of that terrible school please? Thank you.

62#
發表於 06-11-30 17:28 |只看該作者

Elefant老婆

check PM
我女女畫得好靚呀

醒目開學勳章

63#
發表於 06-11-30 19:39 |只看該作者

edithedith,
Please PM me the name of that school.  Thank you.

64#
發表於 06-11-30 21:28 |只看該作者

JChan

please check PM
我女女畫得好靚呀

65#
發表於 06-12-2 17:20 |只看該作者

edithedith,

Please PM the name of the school. Thanks.

66#
發表於 06-12-2 17:53 |只看該作者

please check PM
我女女畫得好靚呀

67#
發表於 06-12-3 22:42 |只看該作者

edithedith,

Got it.  Thanks.

68#
發表於 06-12-5 13:49 |只看該作者

Dear SaBB,

I am interested to hear your another case.

Seamew
SaBB 寫道:
hi edithedith,

Happy to hear from you again, but also feel sorry to hear about that.
What a horrible school ! PM me this school if possible, so I won't recommend this school to other parents.
I have heard lots of cases regarding about the poor attitudes or insufficient care from housemistress but never heard such a case from the academic department.

Anyway, I have another case to share with you and other parents also.
I will come back to this later.

So, what subjects did your daughter choose at last? How's her boarding life there?

SaBB

69#
發表於 06-12-19 14:14 |只看該作者

Dear edithedith,

Please send me the name of the school, since my daughter is looking for a school for year 8.

Thank you very much.

ccp

70#
發表於 06-12-20 09:28 |只看該作者

sabb,

可否e-mail 你的 address, 有好多問題請教

thx in adv

71#
發表於 06-12-29 17:57 |只看該作者

Dear edithedith,
Sorry to hear about your experience with such poor school, would you pls pm me the name of that school and which county it is in ?

thks,
mahmah

72#
發表於 07-1-8 14:58 |只看該作者

check PM
我女女畫得好靚呀

73#
發表於 07-1-10 20:08 |只看該作者

Please PM to me as well. Thanks
該用戶已被刪除

74#
發表於 07-1-15 00:22 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

75#
發表於 07-1-16 21:26 |只看該作者

Dear SaBB,

How about Beldford High School for girls, it also offers the International Baccalaureate?

ccp

76#
發表於 07-1-19 10:19 |只看該作者

I realized that UK provides free secondary education for full UK passport holders (under UK citizenship) but not for University. If someone want to pay local fee for the University, he must stay there for at least 3 years before application for the University. Anyone know other alternative that we can go straight University at local fee without staying at least 3 years.

77#
發表於 07-1-19 10:23 |只看該作者

I realized that UK provides free secondary education for full UK passport holders (under UK citizenship) but not for University. If someone want to pay local fee for the University, he must stay there for at least 3 years before application for the University. Anyone know other alternative that we can go straight University at local fee without staying at least 3 years.

78#
發表於 07-1-20 21:21 |只看該作者

Hi Rclho,

My husband got his PhD in London Imperial. He has met many HK students around London area and in his school. Generally speaking HK students "play" a lot, hang out, and seldom speak English. So I am not too sure they really broaden their horizon or just "wasting" their parents' money (sorry no offense to anyone). If you decide to send your kid overseas, unless you go with her and take care of him/her 200%, it would be better to stay in HK (well it also depends on the child's characters). Having said that, some kids are very independent and learn a lot during their times overseas.

79#
發表於 07-1-21 16:39 |只看該作者

Hi Ruby_Duong,

Thanks for your advice.

Indeed, there's been three or four friends telling me the same thing when I was planning  to send my kid abroad.  I have to admit that the adverse conditions really happen amongst some HK students.  Also, my son will confront the problems of drugs and bullying.  However, everthing has both sides. I prefer to look at the bright one.  I have the confidence that my son will build a better foundation of academic in UK( I wish him work hard and play hard both).  The very important step is choosing the right school.  Sharing with you my experience; my son has got offers from 3 UK schools.  When deciding which school to go, I have gone through respective Xanga to check out their students' blog so that I may know more about their school life.  I also read the "Good School Guide".  The information from this book is quite useful.  Eventually, I choose one school at North UK with few Chinese there.  Hope for a shiny tomorrow.  

80#
發表於 07-1-21 17:11 |只看該作者

I understand that it's not only the student has to stay in UK for 3(4?) years but also their parent has to, plus tax has been paid to UK govt before.  Nevertheless, I heard some students have successfully applied for local fees but it works in some small uni only.  

Blueplanet 寫道:
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖