樓主: KL
go

張祝珊英文中學 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 06-11-15 00:32 |只看該作者

Re: 張祝珊英文中學

雪梨 寫道:
vinbet,

請問張祝珊有冇中樂團or 中樂班?d teacher 會唔會派左notice就算,上堂冇乜點教書架?d teacher 會唔會多數係好老架?

有些中樂班,老師教得好落力架。

42#
發表於 06-11-15 00:35 |只看該作者

雪梨 寫道:
vinbet,
除左學術性課外活動,學校有d咩比較動態課外活動呀?

學校總共30幾個會社,包你玩唔切。

43#
發表於 06-11-15 00:39 |只看該作者

[quote]
kkbbkk 寫道:
My friend's daughter is studying in Form 2 in CCS. She was good in primary school, however she was at the edge of repeating in form 1.

What she quote to her mom is "別人求

44#
發表於 06-11-15 00:41 |只看該作者

KL 寫道:
Any parents of CCS can share their views please?  Any comments on the teachers and the principal?

All top band one schools are like that.  It's a test of whether your kid is a real bright student.  I agree we should not 盲目追求名校!

If you want to know more about the school culture and the policies of the principal, you can look at the website of the principal:
http://principal.ccsc.edu.hk
There are a lot of sharings and messages there.

45#
發表於 06-11-15 08:46 |只看該作者

Dear ccspy,

Just want to double check with you, are you suit they won't have any interview for 1st round.  If so, how to calculate the results and do you know the proportion of each item ?  

thks

46#
發表於 06-11-15 09:05 |只看該作者

Laurel 寫道:
Dear ccspy,

Just want to double check with you, are you suit they won't have any interview for 1st round.  If so, how to calculate the results and do you know the proportion of each item ?  

thks

As far as I know, they will calculate according to
EMB Ranking 50%
Conduct 10%
Extracurricular Activities 20%
Awards & Prizes 20%

The actual announcement will be in HKEdcity 中學概覽
soon.

47#
發表於 06-11-15 09:34 |只看該作者

CCSPY,

You are right. If I were my friend, I would consider change school for my daughter if she feels so stressful in studying.

What I want to remind those prospective F1 parents is that even though your child belongs to Band 1, pls view his/her overall academic ability (as different primary school has different standard and standard of primary schools in different districts varies ) before putting him/her to CCS.It is especially true for those entry by " lucky draw".   Still I think CCS focuses much on academic.

48#
發表於 06-11-15 12:12 |只看該作者

kkbbkk 寫道:
CCSPY,

You are right. If I were my friend, I would consider change school for my daughter if she feels so stressful in studying.

What I want to remind those prospective F1 parents is that even though your child belongs to Band 1, pls view his/her overall academic ability (as different primary school has different standard and standard of primary schools in different districts varies ) before putting him/her to CCS.It is especially true for those entry by " lucky draw".   Still I think CCS focuses much on academic.

In many cases, the choice is not by the student but by the parents. If the student does not like the style of learning in a school, no matter how hard he/she tries he/she cannot do well. The student must be psychologically prepared to accept the challenge. In the case of CCSC, the student must like to learn, write and speak English. Otherwise, he/she will have a very difficult and unpleasant secondary school life.

49#
發表於 06-11-15 12:30 |只看該作者

Dear CCSPY

Thank you for your patience in answering our questions.  Can you also comment on the teaching methodology of CCS?  Today's teaching trend is to encourage students ask more questions rather than spoon feed knowledge to them.  Do teachers at CCS realise this importance and not just give out notes to students?

50#
發表於 06-11-15 12:38 |只看該作者

KL 寫道:
Dear CCSPY

Thank you for your patience in answering our questions.  Can you also comment on the teaching methodology of CCS?  Today's teaching trend is to encourage students ask more questions rather than spoon feed knowledge to them.  Do teachers at CCS realise this importance and not just give out notes to students?

Certainly not just giving the notes out only although the teachers are very hardworking to prepare them! If you go to CCSC website and download the annual school reports, you can understand more. Several years ago, the teachers changed to a more student-centered approach paying strong emphasis on stimulating active learning and interactive learning. In other words, the students are taught to think through themselves rather than passive reception of knowledge from teachers. If the students have learned how to think when tackling problems, they can manage the tests and examinations easily. That's why the students there can do well in public examinations.

51#
發表於 06-11-15 13:10 |只看該作者

Dear CCSPY

Are you CCS parent?  We've talked about the good points of CCS so far.  Could you also comment on the weaknesses of CCS that parents should be aware of if they choose CCS?

52#
發表於 06-11-15 13:17 |只看該作者

KL 寫道:
Dear CCSPY

Are you CCS parent?  We've talked about the good points of CCS so far.  Could you also comment on the weaknesses of CCS that parents should be aware of if they choose CCS?

Yes, I'm a CCSC parent. The weaknesses of CCSC are that the sport activities are not matching the standard of the other schools and the extracurricular activities are still developing. Further the campus is a bit small and old. In terms of hardware, you can say it is not as good as the millennium schools although it has everything the other schools have. In terms of software and humanware, it is good.

53#
發表於 06-11-16 19:43 |只看該作者

CCSPY,

請問張祝珊英文中學今年會舉辦升中入學/收生講座或開放日嘛?

如果今年不設面試,咁交申請表咪一年要整靚靚份portfolio ? 咁請問知唔知學校會幾時正式登出收生準則呢?

咁以往設面試時,係咪每個申請者都面試機會架呢?

54#
發表於 06-11-17 00:43 |只看該作者

雪梨 寫道:
CCSPY,

請問張祝珊英文中學今年會舉辦升中入學/收生講座或開放日嘛?

如果今年不設面試,咁交申請表咪一年要整靚靚份portfolio ? 咁請問知唔知學校會幾時正式登出收生準則呢?

咁以往設面試時,係咪每個申請者都面試機會架呢?

根據以往慣例,校長都會係12月講升中講座,可留意學校網頁或小學老師的消息。我想今年新制度一定要有新策略先至得。至於開放日每年都會在年中的家長日同日舉行,今年應在07年2月11日。

Portfolio靚不靚唔係重點,最緊要是資料齊全,分門別類,方便老師計分。收生準則要等教育城中學概覽公佈。我地個時d職員話人人有份,永不落空,除非違反教統局規則,則會被取消資格。

55#
發表於 06-11-20 11:19 |只看該作者

ccspy,

請問學校有冇分用普通話、廣東話教中文架?如果有,係有幾多時及係咪要考過至可以編去用普通話教中文果d班架?

56#
發表於 06-11-20 20:06 |只看該作者

雪梨 寫道:
ccspy,

請問學校有冇分用普通話、廣東話教中文架?如果有,係有幾多時及係咪要考過至可以編去用普通話教中文果d班架?

中文科一向都是用廣東話教的,但中一至中五都有普通話科。

57#
發表於 06-11-27 08:42 |只看該作者

有消息,學校網頁已登出升中講座d資料。
日期:十二月十六日
時間:下午二時半
地點:學校禮堂
有興趣d學生同家長可到時出席。

58#
發表於 06-11-27 08:56 |只看該作者