搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Change in application policy for ESF
樓主: Chase922
go

Change in application policy for ESF   [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 17-4-6 22:16 |只看該作者
Cara2006 發表於 17-4-6 13:32
There will be huge problems for ESF kindergarten children if their first choice is very popular and ...

Do I get it wrong ?

My thought is if Sam fails to get bhs interview and Gets RC interview, Sam will be as equal chance as other RC interviewees.

Anyone knows if Sam (a esf kinder student) has higher priority than other non esf kinder students in RC?  If Sam and another non esf kinder student both pass RC interview , will RC pick the one performed  better or RC do give priority to esf kinder students just like the esf foundation school ?

42#
發表於 17-4-6 22:43 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

本帖最後由 VVhuilee 於 17-4-6 23:10 編輯

都係估,呢到大家都仲係估緊:
- 會有random #, RC admission係FB答咗
- random # 應該同宜家玩法一樣,即不同priority group內有自己一堆no.e.g. sibling #100 會高過esf kinder #50
- 如果你1st choice bhs, random # 500, bhs面試名額已full, 2nd choice RC仲有一個名額,#500 仲有得見 RC. 但 #501 1st choice RC, 但最後一個quota已經俾咗#500, 自然會assign 2nd choice俾#501.
即#501 雖然1st choice 係RC 都無得見,但#500 RC 係2nd choice 就有得見。咁理應唔存在先見1st choice嘅學生,俾哂位先見2nd choice, 佢應該一齊見,再要跟random # 俾offer -> 未有official出來confirm以上theory
- 理論上non-esf kinder唔會機會高咗
- esf kinder反而少咗兩個機會,一見定生死,但因為唔會再有人可以揸著2,3    個offer, 應該免卻痛苦的wait list.

43#
發表於 17-4-6 22:56 |只看該作者
如果你1st choice bhs, random # 500, bhs面試名額已full, 2nd choice RC仲有一個名額,#500 仲有得見 RC. 但 #501 1st choice RC, 但最後一個quota已經俾咗#500, 自然會assign 2nd choice俾#501.理應唔存在先見1st choice嘅學生,俾哂位先見2nd choice, 佢應該要跟random # 俾offer.未有official出來confirm

I disagree with you. After the deadline of central application, the system will know Sam cannot get interview chance of his first choice and assign his second choice RC for him to interview. It does not mean that Sam is in the 2nd batch of RC interview. All schools should have only 1 round of interview.

44#
發表於 17-4-6 23:05 |只看該作者
貝珠 發表於 17-4-6 22:56
如果你1st choice bhs, random # 500, bhs面試名額已full, 2nd choice RC仲有一個名額,#500 仲有得見 RC. ...

你係唔係disagree我呀? 但我好似同你講緊同一樣野喎。可能我寫得難明?

45#
發表於 17-4-6 23:06 |只看該作者
Activehealth 發表於 17-4-5 17:55
This, in fact, contradicts with your previous post saying that the candidate will get a second inte ...

It is a bad news to us.  ESF kindy has less advantage over other internationl kindergarten.  The school principal told us that around 99% of ESF kindy can get an offer in ESF schools at the time when we were attending the school visits. Now, RC said only offer 170spots among the interviewed 340 esf kindy

46#
發表於 17-4-6 23:08 |只看該作者
Anyway, RC admission Facebook has answered this question. It seems that esf has not came  out with standard answer on this.
myimage.jpg

47#
發表於 17-4-7 04:15 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 babyonboard 於 17-4-7 04:36 編輯

回覆 saijanjan 的帖子

The new policy seems to be more open to non ESF kindy which makes me more hestitate to take their kindy offer. I wonder there will still be 9x% admitted to ESF primary. Much less advantage to their own primary school, ESF kindy is not that tempting. No advantage to other international school not to mention local school. Where can the kids go after 2 years? It is indeed very bad news for ESF kindy. From my point of view the changing policy means the change of direction of school at the end of the day we actually need to join pushy kindergarten after intensive training kids must perform better during interview. E.g. With training by let say Victoria kindy the kid could probably writing some words already compare to ESF kid who just spent 2 years playing around in ESF which is happy kindy of coz ESF kindy cannot compete with them. So happy school is just a joke? I mean how do they evaluate their language skills? One kid can only write A, one can write Apple, one can write alligator? It's really sad that I applied happy kindy for my kid becos I believe overdevelop their brain at early stage has no advantage. Now I have to train my kid for interview no matter at the end of the day we join ESF or not.

48#
發表於 17-4-7 07:01 |只看該作者
saijanjan 發表於 17-4-6 23:06
It is a bad news to us.  ESF kindy has less advantage over other internationl kindergarten.  The sc ...

本帖最後由 貝珠 於 17-4-7 09:04 編輯

Reply from RC admission officer : RC only have 162 seats in Year One and we offered 170 ESF kindergarten kids the seats(many more pass but placed on the wait list) but only 60 of them accept our offer. I am not sure you view the number right from the school's point of view.

49#
發表於 17-4-7 08:59 |只看該作者
貝珠 發表於 17-4-7 07:01
Reply from RC admission officer : RC only have 162 seats in Year One and we offered 170 ESF kinderg ...

之前可以兩邊申請,同時有ESF 和 RC offer可能多人選ESF

50#
發表於 17-4-7 09:09 |只看該作者
貝珠 發表於 17-4-7 07:01
本帖最後由 貝珠 於 17-4-7 09:04 編輯

Reply from RC admission officer : RC only have 162 seats in ...

so RC did over offer!

51#
發表於 17-4-7 10:34 |只看該作者
babyonboard 發表於 17-4-7 04:15
回覆 saijanjan 的帖子

The new policy seems to be more open to non ESF kindy which makes me more hes ...

本帖最後由 elsathomas 於 17-5-10 12:28 編輯

本帖最後由 elsathomas 於 17-4-7 10:45 編輯

I dont see why with the new admission policy the admission rate for esf kindie must decrease/not able to maintain 9x%!Its true that the kids will now only have 1 chance 1 interview, but those who fail esf y1 interview are just minority, esf primary is still giving priority to esf kindie over other schools. If one targets esf primary, the best way is to either purchase NR ( if you dont wanna play the game and try your luck as they use random no.) or stick to esf kindie.

It will only be true that if esf primary is raising the interview requirements (academic standard/level) which may result in more kids failing to pass the interview.

52#
發表於 17-4-7 11:04 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

official reply from RC:

Those who choose RC first will have the higher priority otherwise what was the point of asking parents for the preference?   The whole point of the new system is to avoid spending so much time/effort on the applicatns who have no intention to attend the school deep down in their heart and give the seats to those who really want certain school. RC appreciates parents' confident vote.

Different to what I thought......OMG

53#
發表於 17-4-7 11:17 |只看該作者
elsathomas 發表於 17-4-7 10:34
I dont see why with the new admission policy the admission rate for esf kindie muWith the new policy, esf kindie can apply only ONE school, if you were the K1 parents this year, you really would feel no difference?
I dont see anything good for ESF kindies on the new policy. You have also applied for both PIS and foundation school last year. You should know not most of the kids got offer in first round.
What should the K1 parents do now? I wonder any parents really apply for one school and relax..not in local school not in IS.
Now, the esf schools want to simplify their work, gives more chances for non-esf kindie. If esf kindie kids have to apply other school as back-up, why dont the big esf community help the kindie kids first? But ask them to go get other backup?
It should be more safe for esf kindie to apply foundation schools than PIS, cos at least no need to compete so much with non-esf kids.
But if parents really think PIS is their preference and cannot get the offer? Thats the end of the game...more competition with non-esf kids who are learning more from other school. I can see the admission rate must drop alot.
I think the new policy would help non-esf kids to get into PIS bcos esf kindie kids would probably put foundation school as 1st choice cos it is a safer bet.

54#
發表於 17-4-7 11:25 |只看該作者
VVhuilee 發表於 17-4-7 11:04
official reply from RC:

Those who choose RC first will have the higher priority otherwise what was  ...
With what she said, basically in order to get accepted you must put RC as 1st choice...dont even think about your chance if u put the school as 2nd or 3rd. The same goes to other esf schools too

55#
發表於 17-4-7 11:33 |只看該作者
diablo3 發表於 17-4-7 11:25
With what she said, basically in order to get accepted you must put RC as 1st choice...dont even thi ...

yep!  no chance of getting an offer for 2nd & 3rd choice

56#
發表於 17-4-7 12:13 |只看該作者
As parents of ESF kindle K1 student, I am extremely discontent with the new policy.  ESF sort of committed to us when we accepted the K1 offer that our kids will have priority for interview for the foundation school and PIS if we join in K1.  We accepted the offer and moved my kid from a reputable nursery given the commitment they made.  Now they unilaterally changed the policy to the disadvantage of us. I know there's never a guarantee for any offer for being in ESF Kindie, but at least we should be honoured what the school has committed when we applied.  Now we have no choice but to buy our kids insurance by applying more schools as back-up.   Totally disappointing.

57#
發表於 17-4-7 12:44 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 17-4-7 12:52 編輯

If ESF's intention of introducing the new arrangement is to guard against "stamp collectors" holding on to multiple seats for extensive periods and clogging up the system, what ESF should do is to stick to the current arrangement but perform cross-checking between their schools to ensure an applicant can only hold 1 seat at any one time.

Take a hypothetical but typical example of applicants applying to both SJS and RC and treating RC as a backup. Lets say they are wait-listed at SJS but receive offer from RC, so they accept RC's offer as a fail-safe, and then at some later time they also receive offer from SJS. The current arrangement allows them to hold on to multiple seats for as long as they like, but ESF can easily prevent that by performing a simple cross-check, and accepting a new offer will immediately void and release a previously accepted seat.

Is this necessarily "bad" for RC or any school that is treated as a backup? Yes it is troublesome to have to make new offers after someone gives up a seat, but the school also gets good money for it. It costs almost $90k to accept RC's offer and they will simply pocket this money if the seat is subsequently given up.

58#
發表於 17-4-7 13:08 |只看該作者
Smart move to the school administration but disappoint the ESF kindies' parents.

So from now on, make up your mind to pick your preferences for primary.  Anyway ESF kids will still enjoy their priority to have a higher chance to have interview. Otherwise you'll need to purchase NR or by luck.

For non ESF kids, still, interview is not a MUST. Make sure you have other plan.

59#
發表於 17-4-7 13:16 |只看該作者
siubotze 發表於 17-4-7 12:13
As parents of ESF kindle K1 student, I am extremely discontent with the new policy.  ESF sort of com ...
I agree with every word you said.

60#
發表於 17-4-7 13:29 |只看該作者
回覆 diablo3 的帖子

What you said is so true. I'm now thinking about the strategy to set preference.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖