教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 蘇浙 vs 玫瑰崗, 邊間好?
樓主: teresabba
go

蘇浙 vs 玫瑰崗, 邊間好? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 12-3-1 11:56 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 yfchoy 於 12-3-1 12:01 編輯

回復 mamay 的帖子

絶對可以,不過也視乎妳會否幫佢練習。我囡囡嗰班都喺Mr.Paul教,後生又靚仔(嘻嘻),見佢對啲小朋友都好友善。玫記功課雖然深,但囡囡仍喜歡返學、說喜歡老師。所以佢哋應該都喺愉快學習。另外,玫記英文絶對唔差,佢哋用嗰套phonics教材,令小朋友唔會抗拒。表哥k2在街上看到一些英文字都識讀,但唔識解(佢哋咁細,唔識解都正常)。這就証明這套phonics教材有用,因為只要看到字母便能拼音出來,不用死記。

42#
發表於 12-3-1 12:02 |只看該作者

回覆:lymchau 的帖子

本帖最後由 feiji 於 12-11-24 02:09 編輯

Regarding distance, please check the Schoolbus timetable.

43#
發表於 12-3-1 12:36 |只看該作者
回復 yfchoy 的帖子

Hi yychoy,

你提過佢地用一個Phonics 既教材,是那一套呢? 我昨天都打去學校問過,她們說native speaker 會全天都係課室裡,是否屬實呢? 另外, stubb road 係咪成日塞車架? 多謝幫忙回答。

44#
發表於 12-3-1 12:50 |只看該作者
both are good kinder, if you really have no preference on either one, you may think about their primary to see which one you would like to pick!

45#
發表於 12-3-1 13:07 |只看該作者
It seems that both need to have interviews and compete with outsiders.  Which primary school - RHS or KCS, will be better? There are so few comments on these two primary schools. thanks

46#
發表於 12-3-1 14:01 |只看該作者
Erniebao,
佢哋用Mels Phonics,幾唔錯,又有iphone apps(完整當然要付錢)。native speaker喺會企在一邊,到上英文課便會出嚟。另外其中一個小組活動都會由佢主持(根據我觀課日所看到)。交通方面,答唔到你,但由於只得一條路,放學時間都應該有機會塞車。

teresabba
RHS is a private primary school, it really depends on parent's preference.  But for the primary section environment, they will use english teaching and will also have spanish language learning.  The students will read english comics and they think it is so normal to them.  However, environment like that might be not suitable for traditional HK secondary school.  So that's the concern and most of the KG parents rather search for the primary school outside. And most of the primary school acknowledge RHS KG kids's english level is good.

47#
發表於 12-3-1 14:13 |只看該作者
yfchoy 發表於 12-3-1 14:01
Erniebao,
佢哋用Mels Phonics,幾唔錯,又有iphone apps(完整當然要付錢)。native speaker喺會企在一邊, ...

Thanks yfchoy.

Native speaker喺會企在一邊,到上英文課便會出嚟===== 即是不是全天都是英語學習吧。那純英語時間有幾多呢?

48#
發表於 12-3-1 14:14 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 mamay 於 12-3-1 14:19 編輯

回復 yfchoy 的帖子

Thanks yfchoy,
I will arrange PTH tutorial outside......
By the way, my son is learning Letterland phonics, do you think I should stop as RHS is using another kind of phonics.

P2 中文寫句子 is really "tough" (though I like it).  I know KCS only write single word.  However, they use P1 English boo (longman) during K3.

Do u know which Eng book they are using at K2?  I read from other EK that RHS is using Kid National Geog as teaching material....WOW, I can't believe it .......not easy reading material..........

49#
發表於 12-3-1 14:16 |只看該作者
teresabba 發表於 12-3-1 13:07
It seems that both need to have interviews and compete with outsiders.  Which primary school - RHS o ...

Honestly, I am not targetting the KCS and RHS primary school.  I rearlly look for one kinder with higher standard.
The reason is that my 1st son studied in a very happy kinder and he was the top 3 students of the class.  Now he moves to a 直資 primary, his Chinese rank last and eng is below average in the class during P1.  He really needs to work very hard to catch up....now as average during p2 students.

50#
發表於 12-3-1 14:22 |只看該作者
Erniebao 發表於 12-3-1 14:13
Thanks yfchoy.

Native speaker喺會企在一邊,到上英文課便會出嚟===== 即是不是全天都是英語學習吧。那 ...
咁正如我之前講,我當天觀課的情況喺先分三組練字(由一位老師負責一組),會以英文提點。然後由班主任以廣東話教授小朋友過馬路知識,跟住便是英文堂和小組活動。

51#
發表於 12-3-1 14:39 |只看該作者
mamay 發表於 12-3-1 14:14
回復 yfchoy 的帖子

Thanks yfchoy,
Yes, you are right.  They will have National Geographic Kids Book for their group activities.  It is not compulsory, if you didn't buy that book, your kid cannot attend that group.  Btw, the annual magazine fee is not expensive, this year around $200.  You can get the book back after they finish that book.  Even you get the magazines but you will not have time to read with him, maybe not so useful.  However, the teacher will use the games and photos inside the magazine to teach them, that's good.  The magazine has not so many words, mainly photos, and you can tear them photos out as cards collection.  They will also have things finder game.  So it's funny for the kids.
For the English book, they are also using the longman.  My girl also need to learn the simple english sentence and lines up the words as simple sentence.  At the same time, they will also learn A-Z (actually if studying PN class, they already start).

For the phonics parts, I'm not sure about that.  It really depends, you need to observe your kids, both phonics can reach the same result, but if you let him learning many ways to reach the same result, will your son feel confuse?

As my observation, teaching putonghua and english on the same time, on the early stage, they might confuse a bit.  Later they can find the way to separate.  But important thing, don't let them learn the so-called english or putonghua.  They will learn the incorrect tone.  So I will not talk to my girl in putonghua or english.

Finally, they will write a chinese simple sentence in K2.

52#
發表於 12-3-1 14:55 |只看該作者
yfchoy thanks very much for your info.  But why u said that the "environment like that might be not suitable for traditional HK secondary school.  So that's the concern and most of the KG parents rather search for the primary school outside."  It seems the environment is very good in RHS.  

And your kid is studying in RHS, she enjoyed the school life. thanks

53#
發表於 12-3-1 15:23 |只看該作者
teresabba 發表於 12-3-1 14:55
yfchoy thanks very much for your info.  But why u said that the "environment like that might be not  ...
RHS primary school not teaching chinese (if I'm correct).  If you go to the traditional english school, the way they learn and the environment will be totally different.  And the things they emphasis are different too.  Therefore, the kids will hard to adopt.  If only for the kids and not concerning the HK educational system, RHS primary school is good.

54#
發表於 12-3-1 18:18 |只看該作者
thanks.  Actually, KCS and RHS is not our target for primiary school.  Of course, it depends if my daughter got better offer for P1 three years later.  So I would like to select a kindergarten with higher education standard so that she can compete with others.  My daughter is small b, ie borned end of 2009.  So the chance for getting in better school will be more difficult.  This is from my experiences from these few mths interviews.

55#
發表於 12-3-2 10:05 |只看該作者
teresabba 發表於 12-3-1 18:18
thanks.  Actually, KCS and RHS is not our target for primiary school.  Of course, it depends if my d ...

same as you........my elder boy is studying at a DSS school now, hope my younder boy can get in too....

Anyway, thanks for all the comments......we have decided to go for RHS......
Majority is the due to my son's charter and language preference.  He is a very active boy and like English.....Since he has been studying the playgroup at RHS, he likes the environment and like Mr Paul so much......
He keeps saying he want to go to the Big School or Mr. Paul's school (he does not know the name of RHS)

Also by checking on the website and also chatting with some of my friends who have kids studying at KCS, there are relatively less activities or parental activities offered by KCS......I love RHS has christmas party, halloween party and summer class.  You can also tell by the website RHS is more Eng focus.

Having said that, KCS are highly recommended by my friends.....just that I found RHS fit my son and our family more.

56#
發表於 12-3-2 10:19 |只看該作者
mamay 發表於 12-3-2 10:05
same as you........my elder boy is studying at a DSS school now, hope my younder boy can get in too ...
That's true, it really depends what you needs.  Especially if you have an active boy, he will enjoy school life.

57#
發表於 12-3-2 12:29 |只看該作者
mamay, me too. My daughter is also an active girl.  We would like to get her more focus on English, if compare to putonghua.  

We may choose RHS now. yfchoy, also thanks for your comments

58#
發表於 12-3-2 12:36 |只看該作者
teresabba 發表於 12-3-2 12:29
mamay, me too. My daughter is also an active girl.  We would like to get her more focus on English,  ...
It is a tough decision though in the bottom of my heart, both my hubby and I like RHS more in the very beginning.....
KCS is very hard to get in, it is really a tough choice to give it up (over 3000 applicants this year).
But we should 孩子為中心....
did you join the playgroup?
My son is so looking forward to tomorrow class .......

to equip my son with better PTH, we will learn from outside...plus the teaching from RHS, it should be more than enough

59#
發表於 12-3-2 14:35 |只看該作者
Same as you, mamay.  Its really a tough decision to decide, especially my daughter is small b.  Last year when we applied the pre-nursery school, many schools include KCS rejected our offers cause my daughter is borned after sept 2009.  This year we applied the K1 and luckily we got the offer.  I know KCS is very hard to get in, but the first impression in terms of environment for RHS is much better than KCS.  

We did not join the playgroup in RHS but she's attend PTH course from outside now.  

60#
發表於 12-3-2 14:48 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 mamay 於 12-3-2 14:48 編輯

回復 teresabba 的帖子

u did not register KCS today, didn't you.

Already registered PTH course for him.....start this weekend...........
‹ 上一主題|下一主題