維多利亞家長 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 04-12-6 23:31 |只看該作者

Re: 維多利亞家長

請問囡囡讀緊边一間Victoria? :wink:

42#
發表於 04-12-6 23:42 |只看該作者

Most of her classmate got at the famous school.  Like Victoria Primary, MaryMount, St. Joseph, 華仁, 軒尼詩 ...
It depends on which school would the parent choose for.  Most of the parent of Victoria will choose the famous school for their children.  And get the first place from the lucky draws.

43#
發表於 04-12-6 23:43 |只看該作者

Middle kornhill

44#
發表於 04-12-7 08:32 |只看該作者

Dear SKW,

I agree with you. My girl is also studying at MK Victoria. She is K3 and very happy to go to school. The teachers & staffs are very experienced & nice. Many parents also let their 2nd kids to study at Victoria even the school fee is quite expensive.

It's true that you may save up $1,000 of English tutorial fee if you study at Victoria. Their listening skill are very good. Normally, they don't have Eng problem when they reach primary school. But we need to put more effort on Chinese subjects. So, i buy more Chin exercise books for my girl & enhance her reading skill.  For Eng, she always corrects my pronouncation & accent. It's fun to learn Phonic from her too.

For the school allocation, it's very impressed that the children can get in those good school. (the info can be found under the Victoria Web-site) This year is no exception, most of the kids got the admission from the well-known DSS ,private school or aided gov't school (as you mentioned). Victoria Primary School is also very good. If the school fee can be lower around $3XXX, I'm sure we need to queue up to get the application forms and it'll be many parents' 1st choice too.

P/S : Many Victoria girls  have admissions of Marymount every year.

45#
發表於 04-12-7 12:31 |只看該作者

Wilsonykchan,

Why your kid quit Victoria and changed to SJC ? May I know the reason ?  How about the school life for your kid in SJC ? Is it good ?  Sorry for so many question because I am considering which kinder. I should let my son to study.

46#
發表於 04-12-7 14:10 |只看該作者

Dear friendlyfanly,

My son is studying PN in Harbour Height branch of Victoria.  In fact, I am very satisfied on Victoria.  My son has great improvement on his language, especially in English.  He likes singing English songs at home.  He is very enjoy his school life.  

As you mentioned, your daughter has phonic class in Victoria.  MayI know when can it be started?? Is it covered in the school syllabus?

Thanks a lot!
ShanMaMi

47#
發表於 04-12-7 18:45 |只看該作者

ShanMaMi,

For K1, they start to learn A-Z for the whole year. For K2, they enhance the sound of A-Z based on Jolly Phonic (sing the sound with action). They write Letters A-Z too. For K3, they start to learn the sound of th, ch,ee,sh....etc. The phonic is part of the school syllabus. They have Smart Spelling (Dictation) and written words. The native Eng teachers do not only bring the joy of learning Eng, but also the culture of their countries through some project approaches. Every students have chance to be leaders & present Eng in front of the class.

P/S : you may think the progress is a bit slow, but repeat & repeat every day, then the kid can easily remember & pratice. If you go to Eng class once a week, it's a bit hard for them to remember the sound esp th,ch, oo,ee, ao,ae,sh,ck,ll,....

48#
發表於 04-12-8 18:19 |只看該作者

Any parents have kids attending Victoria's Eng/Mandarin class in Causeway Bay? My son accept to the K1 class in Sep 05. I would like to know the standard of the Mandarin. Many of you said that they don't know much Chinese words after K3. Is it a big problem when they go to Primary school? (especially if they go to famous primary school like St Paul,  DBS etc )

49#
發表於 04-12-9 02:26 |只看該作者

yvonnechengls 寫道:
Thanks Rowina & SKW.
Now I need to make a decision --- choose St. Catherine (Kowloon) or Victoria (Homantin). So can you (Victoria's parents) tell me more about this school,e.g.curriculum, teachers, ECA, Primary allocation etc.
Thank you so much for the informations & advices.

yvonnechengls,

Congratulations to your kid!  I just heard about Victoria HMT, can you tell me how the interview is conducted?  Is it similar to SC's interview or more difficult?

Is Victoria HMT similar to SC in teaching approach, English standard etc?  Have you decided which one yet?

Thanks in advance for your sharing.

50#
發表於 04-12-9 14:48 |只看該作者

I believe that Victoria is easier than SC in terms of academic level.  It is classifed as happy school.  SC teaches quite difficult things.

Pre Nur interview is not that serious. They just observed your kid's playing and saw if he behaved probably.  My son is admitted to PM Eng/Can of HMT branch. BUt I wont' take it but wait for AM.  If no place, I will just forget Victoria for pre-nur.
Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

51#
發表於 04-12-11 23:57 |只看該作者

WYmom,

Sorry for my late reply. I still cannot make a decision between SC and Victoria(hmt). I always change my mind,sometimes prefer Sc,sometimes prefer Victoria. It's a big big problem! Although I have just attented Victoria's orientation seminar today, I still can't make up my mind.

SC's interview is more difficult than Victoria because SC's interview's setting like a real interview---the applicant and the interviewer are face to face and the teacher will formally ask the child several questions. Also, the teacher will ask the parent several questions,e.g. why u choose our school?what are your expectations to your child?
    Victoria's interview is more friendly and child-centered. Stress free! Teachers will observe parents and the child when they are playing toys,and then, teachers will join together and ask the child some questions. Very easy!

52#
發表於 04-12-12 07:00 |只看該作者

yvonnechengls,

Thanks for your reply.  In fact my girl has been accepted by SC, but after asking more info. from SC, I think that the campus and the English teaching from K2 onwards in SC (only 20 mins per day) are not good enough.

My kid is studying at Think International whole day, very good, much more English learning (3 hours a day) with Chinese teaching as well, but it is just not so famous as SC.  That's why I also think about Victoria.  How do you feel about Victoria?  It is so new in Kowloon so very difficult to assess.  They are still accepting students, second round interview in Jan.  Heard from many parents that Victoria is good, but the Chinese standard is not good enough instead! I think the campus will be much better than SC as it is new, but cannot see it yet.  Besides, school bus arrangement is not known yet.  So a lot of uncertainty for Victoria now.

Your thoughts?

53#
發表於 04-12-16 01:00 |只看該作者

hello,

想問下維記校服除係學校訂外,出面有冇地方買到架?
會唔會平d?

Thanks.

54#
發表於 04-12-16 10:30 |只看該作者

Dear minniebb,

I heard some BK mum was buying the uniform at North Point 馬宝道.  But I don't know the exactly place.  

For your information, Victoria uniform is made by Kingkow.  Their price is around $500 for summer and $1000 for winter which including 2 set of uniform, 1 set of sport wear, also coat.  The quality is quite nice.

ShanMaMi

55#
發表於 04-12-17 11:28 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

56#
發表於 04-12-17 13:13 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

57#
發表於 04-12-17 15:07 |只看該作者

I agree that Victoria is a good school. My son studied in the Harbour Hieght branch for PN, but becuase we moved, we needed to swtch him to another kinder, and I am very regretful of that decision now.

58#
發表於 04-12-21 22:08 |只看該作者

Hello, is it necessary to buy the full set of uniform? Can they wear any jacket / sweater of their own (same color)?

59#
發表於 04-12-22 15:30 |只看該作者

Hello KenjiMa,

I think you can wear your own jacket/sweater as the same colour of uniform. (colour in blue and gray)
It doesn't matter!

ShanMaMi
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖