用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 (Updated) DGJS extra envelope, for 2nd interview?
樓主: PhdJessiema
go

(Updated) DGJS extra envelope, for 2nd interview? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 09-10-19 12:51 |只看該作者
""""(1) around 30 girls: they are calling the girls to go to register first. All are related persons. Related means who has the ability to fill the gap of funding, and the needs for the redevelopment (now 200m vs 380m target). They need to sign an agreement or undertaking. Heard that now they have been calling those really really rich parents. """"

If it is true, please call ICAC.

42#
發表於 09-10-19 13:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 09-10-18 19:10 發表
After concluding from different parents or related persons (some parents directly asked Mrs Dai during the interview date) ,  there is another interview, i.e. 2nd interview. They have divided the appl ...

Since the school said the results for all applicants will be announced by Dec, I really don't think they will let any of them to register first.

Your findings are probably from unreliable sources.

43#
發表於 09-10-19 16:05 |只看該作者
認同..如interview 個arrangement 像她所說..真的要call icac..... 咁好名譽gei學校..咁樣arrangement.... 好似有錢捐就比你讀.無錢捐priority又低d..並不是看女女本身.....怪怪的..

再問dgjs 同dbs 係咪一樣咁樣gei arrangement??

44#
發表於 09-10-19 17:53 |只看該作者
DGJS is a private school, they can choose whoever they like to be in their school.  The donation could be for the school developement fund but not a personal, no use to call up ICAC.   It's a private school, either you accept their rule and keep playing the game, or just quit..

原帖由 JT2008 於 09-10-19 16:05 發表
認同..如interview 個arrangement 像她所說..真的要call icac..... 咁好名譽gei學校..咁樣arrangement.... 好似有錢捐就比你讀.無錢捐priority又低d..並不是看女女本身.....怪怪的..

再問dgjs 同dbs 係咪一樣咁樣ge ...

45#
發表於 09-10-19 18:26 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

46#
發表於 09-10-19 20:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 09-10-19 18:26 發表
The reservation of certain seats have been so common for so many years for private schools in HK. As it's private, they have much flexibility to get whatever students they want. It's a truth that happ ...

Surely private schools can make their own decisions, but over the years DGJS has been quite famous for being fair.

It is a joke that the school will call up 30 parents to have their cheque books ready, in order to have the seats reserved .

47#
發表於 09-10-19 20:32 |只看該作者
有趣的資料!
原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 09-10-19 18:26 發表
The reservation of certain seats have been so common for so many years for private schools in HK. As it's private, they have much flexibility to get whatever students they want. It's a truth that happ ...

48#
發表於 09-10-19 20:42 |只看該作者
PhdJessiema,

睇完你幾篇偉論,只能為你的子女(如果有)難過!!!!!!!!!!!

原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 09-10-10 18:24 發表
Or for sending a greeting card?

It seems that is quite uncertain whether there is any 2nd interview. Many parents asked me and we just want to help. After concluding from different parents or related ...

49#
發表於 09-10-19 21:05 |只看該作者
too many speculations, for unknown objectives...

50#
發表於 09-10-19 23:40 |只看該作者

Yes, it's the rule

I'm not one of those "30 rich parents", my husband's profession is neither doctor nor lawyer and I don't think my daughter is geniusly smart type of girl.
However, I still respect this rule (if it's true).  Private schools have their own criterias of selecting students.  And, in fact, we cannot deny that some of those "rich" people do have kind and smart daughters.  What's the problem for Mrs Dai to offer the seats to someone who are qualified.  And, don't forget, Mrs Dai is the one to judge whether the girls are qualified.  So, what're the problems?
And, yes, the school do have a good portfolio of students (i.e. not only rich people).  So, if the girl doesn't come with a strong background, she can still be in if she's brilliant.  If my daughter is not accepted, to me, the reason is very simple: - because we don't fit, that's it!
原帖由 eemum 於 09-10-19 17:53 發表
DGJS is a private school, they can choose whoever they like to be in their school.  The donation could be for the school developement fund but not a personal, no use to call up ICAC.   It's a private  ...

51#
發表於 09-10-20 10:42 |只看該作者
DGJS 要建新校舍. 錢從何處來 ? 天掉下來 @@ ?

途徑一 : 捐款;
途徑二 : 勁加學費

如果我捐左錢你都唔俾我個囡/孫囡來讀 @@, 我為什麼要捐俾你, 不如捐俾其老地方啦..

勁加學費 = 把一些本身不是出身富有家庭的小朋友叫佢地唔好來讀. 你知私校冇減免學費制度, 依家 P1 都要 $3900 一個月. 如果加到4千幾/5千,都會有好多家庭負擔得起...不過.....

所以, 有部份位是留給肯捐款的家長是無可厚非. 總好過勁加學費.

但我相要是校長真的去call 那些有米家長, 都要佢地是附合dgjs 入學條件吧...

52#
發表於 09-10-20 11:11 |只看該作者
原帖由 MaggieHei 於 09-10-20 10:42 發表
DGJS 要建新校舍. 錢從何處來 ? 天掉下來 @@ ?

途徑一 : 捐款;
途徑二 : 勁加學費

如果我捐左錢你都唔俾我個囡/孫囡來讀 @@, 我為什麼要捐俾你, 不如捐俾其老地方啦..

勁加學費 = 把一些本身不是出身富有家庭的小 ...

The funds can be raised from parents of existing students, and many other ways.

If DGJS exchanges 30 seats for money the reputation of the school will be affected, I don't think Mrs Dai or the board will do something that stupid.

The ability of the child must comes first during the selection process.

There will always be rich parents who make generous donations, but let's not mix it up with admissions.

53#
發表於 09-10-20 11:40 |只看該作者

醒目開學勳章

54#
發表於 09-10-20 12:05 |只看該作者
捐錢可以命名,很多地方也有此安排,例如港大醫學院 不過與收生是否有必然關係?

要理解有錢人子女被取錄的原因,真是單單一句"佢地會捐好多錢"便足夠?

家境富裕,資源亦較充裕,孩子的exposure與發展機會也相對較多,自然較有優勢.如果這成立,這最終與孩子的表現有關.

這些家庭,父母一般來說也有較高的學歷,雖然學歷與是否識教仔無必然關係,但一般而言,也說得上是優勢吧.

而這些父母,很可能是名校舊生,甚至與學校關係甚佳,報考時又多了一項優勢.

如果學校側取錄富戶孩子,最終令學校成績下降,打爛招牌,大概算不上是一個如意算盤.

55#
發表於 09-10-20 12:27 |只看該作者
> In fact, a very good opportunity for the "semi rich" this year to buy their way in these couple years as the school needs money. EG you can donate $800k and have a classroom named after you (from their website)

Will you?

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-10-20 11:40 發表
Of course these things will never be made public, nor do they need to justify why any particular kid is admitted.

But do you truly believe there is no relationship between donation and admission?

In ...

56#
發表於 09-10-20 12:30 |只看該作者
To donate 800k and have a classroom name after you is a different thing, it has got nothing to do with admissions and is for existings parents. This kind of fund raising activity is open that's why they can put it on website, this doesn't harm the school's reputation.

As I said there are many ways to raise funds and this is one of the ways.

During the selection process I think the school will consider chiefly on 1) the ability of the child, and 2) background (education, profession, etc.) of the parents.

Of course if the parents have the potential to donate (i.e. wealthy) it will be considered as an extra merit.

57#
發表於 09-10-20 12:35 |只看該作者

58#
發表於 09-10-20 12:54 |只看該作者
> Some people spend money to buy school debentures/ club memberships also

Yes, that's true.  I guess you are right that there will be less space for ordinary family like mine.

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-10-20 12:35 發表
If I had $10m liquid assets, probably. Since I have 2 girls. Some people spend money to buy school debentures/ club memberships also

But I would picture first, you need to make an inquiry, then they ...

59#
發表於 09-10-20 12:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-10-20 12:35 發表
If I had $10m liquid assets, probably. Since I have 2 girls. Some people spend money to buy school debentures/ club memberships also

But I would picture first, you need to make an inquiry, then they ...

May I ask, have you made such kind of inquiry to DGJS?

Or have you heard any others did so, and what responses did they receive?

60#
發表於 09-10-20 13:12 |只看該作者
Surely if 30 parents had got the special offer, it shouldn't just be PHDjessiema who have heard about it.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題