樓主: heidikl
go

Questions on the notices [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 08-9-2 00:01 |只看該作者
原帖由 principal 於 08-9-1 23:35 發表
Bluestar,

One question on P3 TSA.

According to the new school calendar, there will be an assessment for P3 TSA on May 6th and 7th.   
And then, on June 17th & 18th, there will be another P3 TSA.

In 2007/08, P3 TSA was held for 2 days right after the T2 Exams, and the kids did quite a lot of TSA exercises (compared to prev months) after T2 test.  Didn't have any TSA in May ga woh !

Maybe TSA = school mock exam ?  But usually no need woh.

Concl. :
Don't know.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 08-9-2 00:05 編輯 ]

42#
發表於 08-9-2 00:02 |只看該作者
原帖由 principal 於 08-9-1 19:13 發表
Bluestar,

Your son is still in holiday mood!!!

He's been in holiday mood ever since N1 !

43#
發表於 08-9-2 00:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 Bluestar 於 08-9-1 13:24 發表
和我們同站的家長,
竟然以為今天11am放學,
11點幾叫工人去接校車.

In the end, the maid had to wait for the schoolbus from 11:30am right till 2:30pm

44#
發表於 08-9-2 00:09 |只看該作者
Bluestar,

Thanks.

Looks like there will be something new for us this year.

原帖由 Bluestar 於 08-9-2 00:01 發表

In 2007/08, P3 TSA was held for 2 days right after the T2 Exams, and the kids did quite a lot of TSA exercises (compared to prev months) after T2 test.  Didn't have any TSA in May ga woh !

Maybe TS ...

45#
發表於 08-9-2 00:12 |只看該作者
Bluestar,

Sometimes, it is vey sad to see some employers treat/exploit their maids like that.

原帖由 Bluestar 於 08-9-2 00:05 發表

In the end, the maid had to wait for the schoolbus from 11:30am right till 2:30pm

46#
發表於 08-9-2 08:05 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Bluestar,

今朝送阿仔搭校車...見車上d curtain大部份拉上...黑漆漆一片....阿仔一上車便拉開...從窗門看入去..看見有個哥哥肥肥地..佢是自己一個坐....唔知係唔係你piglet呢?又話早上架車係30座嘅...以我看...好似比較細d...

嗰個工人真慘....個老細自己攪錯...重要比佢鬧..之後重要罰企咁耐...真係冇人道...唔怪得個小朋友...有其母必有......

47#
發表於 08-9-2 09:07 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Everyday, I saw the Principal waiting in front of the door, welcoming the kids.
He is very nice

48#
發表於 08-9-2 10:17 |只看該作者
Principal & B*,

舊年P3 TSA 係有一次 MOCK , 其實唔當係EXAM, 只不過是比佢地WARM UP 一下.  如果唔係囡囡返來話佢中文做得太慢只完成一半, 真正TSA時要做快D, 我都唔知係 MOCK. BY THE WAY, 舊年佢果班做TSA英文都好O.K.WOW, 有時見囡囡全對, 有時間中錯一兩條, 佢話坐佢附近的同學仔個個都差唔多,P3 TSA的英文唔難.

49#
發表於 08-9-2 10:44 |只看該作者
DEAR ALL,
琴日係小朋友第一日返學, 佢地返來有冇分享?  
仔仔話 好鐘意兩個CLASS TEACHER,佢地昨日學LINE UP. 昨日有抄手冊,估唔D字竟可以寫到唔出界. 昨晚自己LOGIN E-CLASS睇功課, 睇CAMPUS TV等資料.... 對新學校佢好有新鮮感!

50#
發表於 08-9-2 11:25 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Tingmum,

阿仔話小息時...佢有分享小食..我呢個大慒媽咪居然帶咗包有少辣味嘅日本零食比佢...佢話d小朋友都照食晒....有個小朋友好慘冇帶飯...佢話媽媽話有幫佢帶...可能漏咗校車度...阿仔都沒有抄漏...但手冊封面d字就麻麻地......

51#
發表於 08-9-2 11:51 |只看該作者
MaryBloom,

I guess the fatty pig is my piglet.

Tingmum,

You know piglet seldem tells me anything, unless he gets in trouble or wants to be praised.

Re :  lunch thermos

Piglet forgot to bring his lunch thermos home 3 times last year :
1.  Lost, thought he left it on schoolbus but couldn't find it, after trying to recall what happened he said he had it while waiting for schoolbus after school.  Had to buy him a new thermos.  After ~2 weeks, he found his bag + thermos, in classroom next door, the bag and thermos was there on the floor.  Of course
everything was sooooo smelly.

2.  Left it on schoolbus.

3.  Left it in the classroom.

So anything can happen once they daydream !!

52#
發表於 08-9-2 11:57 |只看該作者
原帖由 TINGMUM 於 08-9-2 10:17 發表
Principal & B*,

舊年P3 TSA 係有一次 MOCK , 其實唔當係EXAM, 只不過是比佢地WARM UP 一下.  如果唔係囡囡返來話佢中文做得太慢只完成一半, 真正TSA時要做快D, 我都唔知係 MOCK. BY THE WAY, 舊年佢果班做TSA英文 ...

Tingmum,

Now I remember :
once piglet forgot to bring his recorder, it was sometime in late May, and I took it to him on my way to work.  The kids came out of the activity room on G/F instead of their classroom during recess, and piglet held his pencil case + water bottle + ..... (just like 走難) - I guess that was one of the mock exam days.
But it was not shown on the school calendar last year.

53#
發表於 08-9-2 12:49 |只看該作者
Bluestar & TINGMUM,

I know very little about this P3 TSA.

May I ask you some basic questions?

1) How many subjects will be assessed?   
Only English, Maths and Chinese?  What about G.S.?

2) How many/much additional exercises/workload will be placed on top of the existing P3 curriculum?

3) I guess the TSA marks will be used by EDB to assess the banding of each primary school and they will not be shown on the academic report.  
Am I right?  
TINGMUM mentioned that parents will know the marks later on.   
Thus, parents will know roughly the level of their children in that particular subject just for their reference.

原帖由 Bluestar 於 08-9-2 11:57 發表

Tingmum,

Now I remember :
once piglet forgot to bring his recorder, it was sometime in late May, and I took it to him on my way to work.  The kids came out of the activity room on G/F instead of th ...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 08-9-2 12:52 編輯 ]

54#
發表於 08-9-2 15:12 |只看該作者
[1) How many subjects will be assessed?   
Only English, Maths and Chinese?  What about G.S.?

Only Engl Chin and Maths.  Nothing else.
But for Engl and Chin, also incl oral Engl and Chin and listening.

2) How many/much additional exercises/workload will be placed on top of the existing P3 curriculum?

Well, we bought a few TSA suppl ex "books" which contain worksheets of Engl and Chin, and the kids were given some simple worksheets for Maths.
The kids were asked to do these, some during class, some (eg Chin compo, Engl compo) at home.
Slightly more than before, but workload is still not toooooo heavy.

3) I guess the TSA marks will be used by EDB to assess the banding of each primary school and they will not be shown on the academic report.  
Am I right?  

Yes.

TINGMUM mentioned that parents will know the marks later on.   
Thus, parents will know roughly the level of their children in that particular subject just for their reference.

The worksheets are marked and given back to the kids.  Thus you know how the kids are doing.  The marks are not treated as test marks, nor do they end up in the academic report.  You can also treat it as revision for Engl Chin and Maths exams.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 08-9-2 15:42 編輯 ]

55#
發表於 08-9-2 15:14 |只看該作者
請問大家:

please correct me if i am wrong:
Bring 1 Tissue Roll 即係帶一卷廁紙 洗唔洗寫名?!

56#
發表於 08-9-2 15:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 MaryBloom 於 08-9-2 15:14 發表
請問大家:

please correct me if i am wrong:
Bring 1 Tissue Roll 即係帶一卷廁紙 洗唔洗寫名?!

No.

The kids are asked to bring a tissue roll each, from time to time, to share and use in the classroom.  When the class reserve runs out, the kids are all asked to bring 1 roll back to school.

No need to write the name, they just use what there is.

This is part of primary school culture :  TSL is not the only school which asks students to bring tissue rolls back and share in the classroom.  You will soon get used to similar requests.  I was also about it at first but have now gotten used to it.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 08-9-2 15:26 編輯 ]

57#
發表於 08-9-2 15:25 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Oh ic.....thanks for sharing!

58#
發表於 08-9-2 15:32 |只看該作者
Tried to squeeze my son to tell me what happened in the school.
1st day:
- they sitted in 5 students in a group and he belonged to group 4. He said that there were 6 groups and he insisted that 5 people in a group. But ttl students is 33
- After the lunch, someone gave them books to read. He said that the words are very big.
2nd Day:
- Some reading.
- Spent a lot of time for handlng in the cir. one by one. He said that spent a lot of time to find each cir.
- spent some time for writing handbook
- then nothing
I asked him which books to bring for tomorrow. He just said that find it in the handbook.

Seems he is like a "cloud".
But overall he said that he is happy.
原帖由 TINGMUM 於 08-9-2 10:44 發表
DEAR ALL,
琴日係小朋友第一日返學, 佢地返來有冇分享?  
仔仔話 好鐘意兩個CLASS TEACHER,佢地昨日學LINE UP. 昨日有抄手冊,估唔D字竟可以寫到唔出界. 昨晚自己LOGIN E-CLASS睇功課, 睇CAMPUS TV等資料.... 對新學 ...

59#
發表於 08-9-2 15:38 |只看該作者
heidikl

Well, for him it is only K3+.  Will get used to it soon.

Just take a look at the timetable (should stick this at the back of the assignment book) and help him pack his schoolbag.  Which is why he asked you to look at his handbook.  Sometimes the teachers give them special instructions, eg bring xxx tomorrow, bring yyy on Thursday, ... and the kids write it down in the assignment book.

Don't expect P1 to pack their own schoolbag on the first few days of school.  Although I ask piglet to pack his own schoolbag, I still check it every night to make sure he puts everything in, even for P3.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 08-9-2 15:41 編輯 ]

60#
發表於 08-9-2 15:50 |只看該作者
昨天阿仔話classwork 喺Learning school rules by drawing a picture with colour pencils e.g. no skateboards, no running...
分組坐, 阿仔喺 Group 3

今天主要是閱讀時間....每人都好安靜地看書...他看了好多中文或英文書...我故佢看圖畫多d...

阿仔話有同學在小息時食燒賣,烏冬或三文治..我想他們在小息時都會頗肚餓...因可能有些小朋友早上趕不上食早餐或很早食....
‹ 上一主題|下一主題