用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 KBCK - has anyone received their acceptance letter?
樓主: lincolnmummy
go

KBCK - has anyone received their acceptance letter? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-5-16 15:50 |只看該作者

Re: KBCK - has anyone received their acceptance letter?

Sandrine,

Thank you for your reply.  My daughter is assigned to CPM class.

BTW, could you tell me something about the daily program of a school day (either a.m. or p.m. class)?    Do KCBK offer any after-school program or weekend school program for the children?    Do your child join any interesting/activities class in other parties after school (or before school)?    Because I wonder just 3-hours school program seems quite short for my active girl.

22#
發表於 06-5-19 12:52 |只看該作者

Re: KBCK - has anyone received their acceptance letter?

I think the school will have a parents' meeting in June for new children and parents to meet their teachers and to visit their classroom.  We had it last year.  The school also invites parents' participation as helper from time to time.  You'll meet your daughter's friends and will know more about the class routine then.

My daughter is in the afternoon session.  Every day, when the children arrive (15 min before classes start), they wait in a little room on the ground floor.  It's story time for the children while they're waiting.  When it's time for the class to start, the children will line up and go up to the classroom. In the classroom, the children are free to play. There're toys on the table or on the floor as well and the teachers will rotate the toys. There's also a kitchen corner, a reading corner, a dress-up corner, etc.  Outside the classroom, there'll be a big sand box, a tub of water, etc. depending on what day it is, for the children to play.  You probably have noticed them during your last visit.

The school adopts a theme-based approach and they do lots, I mean LOTS of arts & crafts. For example, when the children learn about themselves, they learn about their family, their gender, their height & weight, where they live, how they go to school, etc. and by the time they finish the theme, they'll bring home the crafts they did.  When they do the arts & crafts, the teachers will call upon the children one by one and do the cutting, painting, gluing, etc. with them individually while the other children are free to play.  There's a new theme once every two weeks or so, colours, shapes, numbers, weather, etc.  And they do special crafts on festive occasions. The children will participate in show & tell as well.  For example, when they do the colour blue, they bring something blue to school everyday.  The teacher will give a reward (e.g. a candy) to those who participate.  There's also story time, bathroom time, snack time, etc.  Children bring their own snack and the school will provide juice or water.  The children are divided into 3 groups and they sit on the table of their assigned group.

There're a variety of activities during the week: Music (Mon & Thurs), Chapel (Tue), PE (Wed) & Library (Fri).  The children have PE in the public playground.  They go to the cassette library every Fri to check out one cassette tape & book to listen and read at home.

The children learn lots of songs.  They also participate in school concerts 2 times a year.  All the children will sing and dance on the stage together. It's a really memorable experience.

While the school doesn't have a daily communication diary, the teacher will write you from time to time to let you know what they're doing so that you know how to support your daughter.  The school also has a monthly newsletter and so parents are well informed.  

About after-school programs, the school doesn't offer any at all. I regret to say that I haven't arranged any after-school activities for my child as she's usually very tired before or after school.  I've seen children going to 2 schools but I think it's too tiring.  If your daughter is very active and doesn't need a nap, there should be lots of choices as school finishes early.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖