22#
發表於 06-1-24 18:36 |只看該作者

Re: 有無讀蘇浙小學國際部既家長?

Bye, have a nice evening!

23#
發表於 06-1-26 10:03 |只看該作者

Hi catnips,

Today is the last day of school before the CNY holiday. Btw, have a nice trip to Thailand!  Hope you can send us some interesting photos upon your return.

Here wishing you a very Happy & Prosperous Year of the Dog!

Regards.

24#
發表於 06-1-26 11:11 |只看該作者

Hi Polar,

Thanks.  Wish you and your family all the best.  

25#
發表於 06-1-27 10:28 |只看該作者

Hi catnips,

Have got the report card yesterday, it seems things are looking good to me.  

I am so happy for her great performance at school and her spoken English is up to standard as commended by Ms. Lewis.       

I have confidence that she will continue to work hard in all subjects as they are well-graded in the report card!   

Hope to hear good news from you too!

26#
發表於 06-2-8 18:06 |只看該作者

What is ESL?  

27#
發表於 06-2-10 08:51 |只看該作者

KCIS - Kiangsu & Chekiang International Section

People3 寫道:
What is ESL?  

English as a Second Language.

28#
發表於 06-2-15 16:02 |只看該作者

Re: KCIS - Kiangsu & Chekiang International Section

Hi catnips,

Have you met the class teacher today?  How long was the meeting and was it in their classroom? Did you see the Mandarin teacher as well?

We will meet them tomorrow lunch time.

Thanks and regards.

29#
發表於 06-2-15 16:03 |只看該作者

30#
發表於 06-2-15 16:03 |只看該作者

Hi catnips,

Have you met the class teacher today?  How long was the meeting and was it in their classroom? Did you see the Mandarin teacher as well?

We will meet them tomorrow lunch time.

Thanks and regards.

31#
發表於 06-2-15 23:15 |只看該作者

Hi bear,

Yes I did.  The meeting usually lasts for 15 -20 minutes, depending on what you want to discuss with the teacher.

I have met the Mandarin teacher as well.  We have a very good discussion. :)

32#
發表於 06-2-16 10:06 |只看該作者

Hi catnips,

Thanks! Glad to hear from you again!
Do you hear any news regarding their forthcoming camp?  

I am quite happy to receive a note from school that an author named Peter Osborne will be coming to school soon, and students should secure a copy of his book.  

How would you dress them for being a book character?  It should be funny and interesting though....     

33#
發表於 06-2-16 16:11 |只看該作者

Hi catnips,

Please check PM!  

34#
發表於 06-2-26 14:29 |只看該作者

Hi, alls,

I'm planning for my baby's nursery and kindergarten, not yet made me my mind of international / local education system in the long run, but already decided to provide her a kindergarten environment with the following:
1. English environment with native speaking teachers and multicultural mix of peers
2. Chinese lessons to be conducted by putonghua, must learn chinese language
3. must learn to be well-behaved, good disipine
4. enough exposures, fun learning environment

Can KCIS answer the above?
If I put my baby to study in KCIS, is it impossible for her to apply for local primary in the future?
I know the students study in the IS stream will have their p.1 at year of 5, if I put her back to main stream at yr 5 to study K3, then apply local primary, is it OK?
Pls help.

35#
發表於 06-2-28 15:28 |只看該作者

If you put her back to main stream at yr 5 to study local K3, then apply local primary, I think you girl may have a little bit difficult to adapt local K3 and local primary chinese standard.     I know that they have around 25 mins for english lesson in local kindergarden.  So in opposite situation,  in international kindergarden, I guess they may have 25 mins for Chinese lesson.  Also, international kindergarden would not have homework for kids.  Chinese character is also quite difficult for kids.  So I think they may be difficult when they go to K3 or local primary.

36#
發表於 06-3-1 00:42 |只看該作者

JarjarBin,

thx for your feedbacks.
So, in overall, if I decided to put my girl into int'l education scheme, is KCIS is good choice? Since I heard that the secondary school of KCS is not very good in terms of the "Band", is the KCIS also not so good?

I'm still struggling.

37#
發表於 06-3-1 08:59 |只看該作者

monkeymei,

You may visit KCIS's website for both primary and secondary schools or you may try to arrange a tour visit for both campuses.

www.kcis.edu.hk

Regards.

monkeymei 寫道:
JarjarBin,

thx for your feedbacks.
So, in overall, if I decided to put my girl into int'l education scheme, is KCIS is good choice? Since I heard that the secondary school of KCS is not very good in terms of the "Band", is the KCIS also not so good?

I'm still struggling.

38#
發表於 06-3-1 09:20 |只看該作者

monkeymei

Sorry, I don't know much about primary in KCIS.  I had come across some message here about Primary in KCIS.  No negative message about it.  But you need to do more research.

39#
發表於 06-3-1 10:36 |只看該作者

My daughter studied in KCIS for her prenursery and K1 and K2.  Then I transferred her to Mainstream for K3 in order to let her learn more Chinese before going into the int'l primary.  She fitted in very well in her K3 in mainstream(local).  She's even ranked as the second place among all k3 classes and been awarded the 品學兼優 merit.  She's eligible to go for  both the local schools( by taking part in the government procedure)  and int'l ones, but then I decided to let her study in int'l stream with her brother.  

What I want to say is, kids nowadays are smart, they can pick up any language very easily when they are young, so don't worry about that.  Hope my sharing be of some help to you.  

40#
發表於 06-3-1 15:26 |只看該作者

Dear catnips,

I read about your daughter's situation in kindergarten.  You transferred your daughter to mainstream for K3 and then back to international stream for primary school.  Does she apply for grade 1 or grade 2 in primary section?  Thanks for your help.
[img align=left]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10714;112/st/20031224/n/my+boy/dt/12/k/141d/age.png[/img]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題