提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 13-12-30 16:32 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+aspirant99+的帖子 Why+you+prefer+K

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

24#
發表於 14-1-1 02:10 |只看該作者

回覆:halflower 的帖子

Agree! I think you should determine which route you would like to go for before comparing the schools....local or international?

25#
發表於 14-1-1 03:13 |只看該作者
Local - victoria and st cathInternational - Kingston

26#
發表於 14-1-3 12:01 |只看該作者

回覆:去唔去Kingston呢?好難唸

If you want international stream for your kid, you dont need to be bothered about St Cat.  

In the contrary, if you want local stream in the future, you need to reconsider if kingston is the right kinder.

27#
發表於 14-1-3 12:04 |只看該作者

Also, in terms of costs, Kingston is very expensive.

Victoria roughly $70k a year all inclusive
St Cat roughly $55k a year all inclusive

You should consider also total costs for 4 yrs of kindergarten schooling.

28#
發表於 14-1-13 22:10 |只看該作者
ysjmum 發表於 13-12-28 14:02
回覆 fanfanbb 的帖子

Thanks. From the interview process we also like Kingston a lot. Can you be a b ...
Sorry for the late reply as saw your message just now. For Kingston I like both pg PTH and eng teachers, very caring and love kids. Environment is also good, safe and secured. As for academic, I don't have much expectation from kinder level. My primary aim is my boy likes to go to the school and he does, I then satisfied.
The only think I am not happy with is the music teacher, found him not much "heart" towards kids.

I don't know if Kingston is more expensive as compared with other schools, but she got no miscellaneous payment so far other than the school uniform.

29#
發表於 14-3-27 16:52 |只看該作者
回覆 fanfanbb 的帖子

Thanks a lot! In terms of academic development, how do you compare the stuffs Kingston teaches vs. the other school? or let's say whether the schools emphasizes writing, drawing, spelling or literacy?

30#
發表於 14-3-29 19:37 |只看該作者

如果唸住讀國際學校,可考慮讀。Kingston只有幼稚園和小學,中學要出國或轉校。

31#
發表於 14-3-29 23:17 |只看該作者

妳係咩月bb?

32#
發表於 14-3-30 09:33 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+fanfanbb+的帖子 Thanks+a+lot!+In+t

原帖由 ysjmum 於 14-03-27 發表
回覆 fanfanbb 的帖子

Thanks a lot! In terms of academic development, how do you compare the stuffs  ...
Sorry I got no idea about other schools as my boy only attends Kingston play group. And for PG level, can't tell any academic.

33#
發表於 14-3-30 09:40 |只看該作者

引用:如果唸住讀國際學校,可考慮讀。Kingston只

原帖由 twodaughters 於 14-03-29 發表

They got an affiliated secondary school called ICHK however it is located in Sha Tau Kok, guess it's pretty far from most if the parents. Kingston recently informed us that they were planning to have another ICHK with a more favourable location. Details have yet to be curtained.

Both me and my hubby like the school, we pay the school fee happily every month.

34#
發表於 14-3-30 09:40 |只看該作者

引用:如果唸住讀國際學校,可考慮讀。Kingston只

原帖由 twodaughters 於 14-03-29 發表

They got an affiliated secondary school called ICHK however it is located in Sha Tau Kok, guess it's pretty far from most if the parents. Kingston recently informed us that they were planning to have another ICHK with a more favourable location. Details have yet to be curtained.

Both me and my hubby like the school, we pay the school fee happily every month.

35#
發表於 14-3-30 14:55 |只看該作者
回覆 fanfanbb 的帖子

Thanks fanfanbb, can I ask what are the things you like about the school? And how about the academic depth the school teaches, especially in terms of reading/writing and numericals? Thanks!

36#
發表於 14-3-30 15:30 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+fanfanbb+的帖子 Thanks+fanfanbb,+c

原帖由 ysjmum 於 14-03-30 發表
回覆 fanfanbb 的帖子

Thanks fanfanbb, can I ask what are the things you like about the school? And  ...
I like the two teachers, well trained, experienced, and professional. As I saw all teaching staff and the EEs are nice. The campus is not huge but nice and safe. School maintains regular communication with parents.

For academic, I really don't know as it is to some extent out of my consideration at the moment.

What's your concern in particular? If you are looking for some schools with a higher level of academic, I guess Kingston might not suit you. I know there are some Kingston parents put their kids to two Kindergartens, not sure if they think what are learning from Kingston is insufficient.

Every school has pros and cons, we could only get one suits us more. Good luck

37#
發表於 14-3-31 16:49 |只看該作者
回覆 fanfanbb 的帖子

Thanks! that's helpful. i think my only concern with Kingston is the so called 'academic depth'. I don't fancy those exams or certificates or just knowledge that is beyond their age, but what i care most is the fundamental skills like writing, memorizing, numerical calculation, and logical thinking etc. Do you feel you kid gets proper trained on these things?   

38#
發表於 14-4-1 12:47 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 picture 於 14-4-2 20:45 編輯
ysjmum 發表於 14-3-31 16:49
回覆 fanfanbb 的帖子

Thanks! that's helpful. i think my only concern with Kingston is the so called ...

Looks like money is not of concern to you.

Then I guess you might want to consider the teaching approach of these two schools.

St Cat's approach:  http://stcatherines.edu.hk/activities.html

In order to support our philosophy, children’s learning is based on an activity approach. By providing interesting activities we are able to facilitate children’s ability to learn through hands-on real-life experiences. Using a Topic and Project approach, children build their knowledge and skills through interactive activities in the classroom. Dramatic play is an integral component of the curriculum and is a very powerful tool for learning.
Where possible we allow children to learn through first hand educational visits to places such as the Ocean Park, the Brighter Smiles Playland, the Heritage Museum and many other interesting places.Children are exposed to the natural world through our wonderful outdoor area where they can observe plant life first hand.

Information Technology is becoming an important part of our life nowadays and children also learn through computer interactive programmes.

As for Kingston:

Primary Years Programme (IBPYP)Kingston International School is the first school in Hong Kong authorized to offer the
International Baccalaureate Organization - Primary Years Programme. This programme was specially developed for children ages three to twelve years. It is an inquiry-based approach to learning that is truly international in its outlook.

The Primary Years Programme concentrates on developing the whole child and values a healthy body as well as a healthy mind.

The programme encourages students to be thinkers and problem solvers while nourishing the creative and caring aspects of their personalities. It is recognized internationally for its excellence and prepares students well for further studies either here in Hong Kong or overseas. Kingston International School incorporates the IBO philosophy into all aspects of school life.

Just by reading the above, my impression is that St Cat is more suitable for Target oriented parents, who has in mind a list of targets for the kids to accomplish.  St Cat will use it well -known effective Topic and Project approach to make sure your kids learn things through activities in class.
For me I read this as:  effective way of feeding your children information and effective way of making them keep the information.

Where as for Kingston, my impression is that they want to train or equip your children to be thinkers and problem solvers.   (I don't quite get the idea of developing the whole child).  Whether or not your child will be able to achieve the same list of targets that St Cat kids may, is not the school's concern.  What they are concerned is the future self-learning ability of your child.

Some parents want safe and sure option 1 -- A packaged deal where the school supplies and feeds a well known successful formula.  While some others opt for option 2 -- An uncertainty of outcome but values the acquisition of life-long learning skills.

Back to what you care about most:  but what i care most is the fundamental skills like writing, memorizing, numerical calculation, and logical thinking

I believe St Cat can deliver you writing, memorizing, numerical calculation.

but Kingston can give you logical thinking.

Just to share my own opinion:   I like IB.  It is something I cannot do at home with my child.  The rest like writing, spelling, arithmetic are basically drilling which can be easily supplemented at home.

39#
發表於 14-4-1 22:39 |只看該作者
ysjmum 發表於 13-12-27 22:28
收到kingston的offer,1月就要交好多錢定位,但是我仲想等victoria同st catherine的面試,到底應唔應該宜家 ...
So did you accept Kingston at last? My friend has offer too but gave up, she does not want to pay for $80000 because it is not her first choice school.

40#
發表於 14-4-20 23:54 |只看該作者
回覆 picture 的帖子

Thank you very much!! That's a really thorough reading of schools' teaching philosophy and being very helpful! In the end, we took Kingston's offer. Hopefully we will be happy with what we take! Thanks again for your feedback!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題