用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Choose between York, Kenville, St. Catherine and Hee ...
樓主: serinawoo
go

Choose between York, Kenville, St. Catherine and Heep Yun [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-2-8 09:10 |只看該作者

Re: Choose between York, Kenville, St. Catherine and Heep Yun

Hehe puibb,

Yes, I think it's a little early as well. Maybe both schools won't accept my poor daughter ^.^

Ok, I will try to get more information from others first. Thanks all of your help.

22#
發表於 05-2-8 10:23 |只看該作者

hello serinawoo

呵,咁又唔好對自己孩子咁無信心,你咁好,咁努力搵定資料,個天知既..不過,我提你係因為怕你會比大太壓力自己呢,跟住到時面試時你係又會不知不覺咁比左壓力個小孩嫁..所以,唔好話一定要讀邊間先啦,到時考左先再決定羅,對嗎?

多口講句,有d case係媽咪本身知道邊間名校,跟住帶小朋友去考,但考完後和家長同和小朋友都唔鐘意間學校。可能係未面試前expect 高左羅。又有case係小朋友一入到學校就唔鐘意間學校,唔肯自己面試。

你小孩有返playground or nursery 嗎?
做人至緊要開開心心 :-D

23#
發表於 05-2-8 14:28 |只看該作者

To: ChiChiPaPa
Among the above four kindergartens , I have chosen Heep Yunn Kindergarten. My daughter
will be K1 student in 2005.I think it is a
optimum choice. Is your daughter studying in
Heep Yunn Primary School now? Is her acamdamic background  up to standard in comparing with other classmates from other kinders.Which primary schools will  most of Heep Yunn students go to? Please comments.

24#
發表於 05-2-8 22:46 |只看該作者

adeline 寫道:
Is your daughter studying in
Heep Yunn Primary School now?

No, she was not that lucky in the lucky draw.
Is her acamdamic background up to standard in comparing with other classmates from other kinders.

Yes, it is up to standard, but she is far from the top of the class.
Which primary schools will most of Heep Yunn students go to?

Most will go to Heep Yunn Primary, and St. Rose.

25#
發表於 05-2-9 12:36 |只看該作者

puibb,
thanks for your information. yes, sometimes i know that i really have pressure on myself. as i don't want to just select a kindergarten or primary school for my daughter with scanning them.

i always talk to myelf that don't put so much pressure on them and i think i will let her have more interview at that time so as to gain more experiences from other schools.

adeline,
one thing i'm curious is that, how come BK parents here always questioned about which primary school will the children normally go to from specific kindergarten?

for entering a primary school now, is that we just see how many points you have? they will see which kindergarten they come from?

26#
發表於 05-2-11 20:52 |只看該作者

serinawoo,
In my case, I ask this question because I think that most of students studied in Heep Yunn have
sisters studied in Heep Yunn . Finally , there are
still have some remaining vacanies in the schools.The competitions are small if other classmates are already Ok.
ChiChi Pa
I have read a magazine which mentioned that some students will go to Good Hope and DGS.Is it true?
I understand that the study approach in Heep Yunn is project learning but not traditional one.
Which primary school is your daughter
studying now?

27#
發表於 05-2-12 06:46 |只看該作者

adeline 寫道:
ChiChi Pa
I have read a magazine which mentioned that some students will go to Good Hope and DGS.Is it true?

Yes.
Which primary school is your daughter
studying now?

Alliance Primary School Kowloon Tong

28#
發表於 05-2-12 10:56 |只看該作者

Dear Pacma,

My daugther was admitted by Kentville and some other kindergarten but I'm still considering.  It is because of the following worries:

1. Kentville has no actvities like birthday party, graduation ceremony, visits and even picnic which seems extremely boring to kids.

2. Will the so-called traditional teaching method produce kids that are obedient, but with no confidence and creativity?

Grateful if you or other Kentville parent can give me some advice.  Thanks a lot !!!  
YCPA

29#
發表於 05-2-12 20:29 |只看該作者

ChiChiPaPa
Thank for your information.
Alliance Primary School is also a good school.
Is your daughter adapt to the new school? I think it is much difficult in Alliance Primary School.`

30#
發表於 05-2-12 21:58 |只看該作者

YCPA

1. there will be 6 parties held during the school year in Kentville.

2. I don't think so.  Kids can obedient with confidence & creativity.

31#
發表於 05-2-12 22:46 |只看該作者

adeline 寫道:
ChiChiPaPa
Is your daughter adapt to the new school?

Kids normally have no major problems to adapt to new environments. Nevertheless, she clearly mentioned that primary school life was tougher. In Heep Yunn Kindergarten, she was never required to prepare for dictations, tests and examinations.

32#
發表於 05-2-12 23:50 |只看該作者

Dear YCPA,

I believe you may have some misunderstanding about Kentville.

1. Of course we have birthday party & graduation ceremony in school. Birthday party is usually held on the last Friday of every two months. On that day, students do not need to wear uniforms. They may even go to school in full costume, ie. wearing 唐裝衫 or dress up like "Superman". And all students will come home with a sack of gifts (usually candies & toys). My son enjoys his school-life very much, and I never find him having any "boring problem".

2. Based on my oservation in these 5 & a half months, Kentville is actually not as "traditional" as what we thought. I would rather describe it as a "traditional + activiity" kinder. Let me quote an example: My son told me when he learnt the word "fish", his class teacher took them all out to the small fish pond located nearby his classroom and taught them how to feed the fishes. Personally I'll consider this as an "activity-based teaching method".

Furthermore, I do believe that an obedient child can also be full of confidence and creativity. They just possess a higher standard of self-discipline.

33#
發表於 05-2-13 01:11 |只看該作者

Totally agreed with PACMA.

Actually English standard of Kentville is very good.  The only weakness is that they don’t have native English speaking teachers and kids may not have chance to talk with foreigners.  I sent my kids for phonic and English playing class in K2 & K3.  According to the teacher, my son’s English is top five in the class of his primary school.   Home education is more important to shape the personality of kids     In my case, I am so lucky that my son study in Kentville.  He can easily catch up with tradition primary school and full of confidence and creativity.  My son is an active boy and it’s quite difficult for him to be an obedient child but at least he understand that self-discipline is necessary in the class.   Let's share our experience together.
Amy
A working mother with two kids

34#
發表於 05-2-14 09:04 |只看該作者

YCPA,

I also agree with Mcheung and Pacma since my son also is studying in Kentville and he is very happy to go to school.  Kentville is really a traditional plus creative plus activity based school.  I can found it out in my son's homework, artwork and the things that he tell me.

lwlw

35#
發表於 05-2-14 23:06 |只看該作者

Amyony,

Which primary school is your son going to?  My daughter will enter K1 in the coming Sept.

Thanks.

36#
發表於 05-2-17 01:05 |只看該作者

janetlo,
My son at LS.
Amy
A working mother with two kids

37#
發表於 05-2-22 23:24 |只看該作者

The reason that I like to choose Kenville is because it is a traditional kindergarten comparing with others. Just like ChiChiPaPa said, her daughter is getting nervous or have difficulties for preparing the dictations or tests. I hope that my daughter can get use to the traditional teaching method as my husband and I would probably send our daughter to the traditional primary school as well.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖