22#
發表於 05-1-20 17:04 |只看該作者

Re: 英研究﹕教文法無助英文寫作

embrose,
恕我多事,no hard feeling, please.

23#
發表於 05-1-20 17:10 |只看該作者

有d d 啦! It doesn't matter since we have a good discussion.  

24#
發表於 05-1-20 17:31 |只看該作者

wetfoot 寫道:
很多時,人會說生活迫人,大家當然體諒,不過,在仍有少許選擇時,真的仍希望所有父母多想一下,怎麼樣的安排,才對子女最為有利,賺少些,住細些,省回vcd錢及kumon錢,以換取多一點點時間來親自與子同行,對我來說是值得的,因為光陰一去,到了他八九歲或再大些時,一切已定,你已錯失良機,永沒回頭的時候了。或許大家再要自問,甚麼叫做親子?

Yes, can't agree any more.  For many years, I need to work until 8 or 9pm and my kids have already slept everyday when I came back home.  My elder daughter complains many times that I never attend her school activities in weekdays.  I have my dinner alone almost every night and I ask myself "do I really want this?"

So now I decide to change and take care of my kids myself.  I lose financially but win the time with my kids when they need me most.  When they grow up, they won't need me so much, but I believe our relationship will be much better than before.
該用戶已被刪除

25#
發表於 05-1-20 17:31 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
該用戶已被刪除

26#
發表於 05-1-20 17:40 |只看該作者

27#
發表於 05-1-20 17:46 |只看該作者

又好, how about "如何實行親子的重要”  

28#
發表於 05-1-20 18:16 |只看該作者

ambrose 寫道:
又好, how about "如何實行親子的重要”  

一切與時間有關.  多有多做, 少有少做, 盡力而為.
Loving, Caring & Sharing “教養孩童,使他走當行的道,就是到老,他也不偏離。” (箴言23:6)

29#
發表於 05-1-20 18:19 |只看該作者

親子 = time

As parents, we need to sacrifice a lot. However, we cannot buy back the time of your child's childhood and therefore, cherish what you have NOW!

I cut down my own activities to basically nil during weekdays to squeeze less than an hour's time to see my son at night before he go to bed. We go out together on weekends, with friends' family. Is it hard? Answer is No since I enjoy every minute of it. Although sometimes I have to hold up a lot of my personal plans.

As to the debate on Gram App. or Comm App., I am totally for the C.A. My son benefits from it. As an R2 student, he can read a lot of books comprising  simple sentences with ease now. He is starting to write. At first, he did not want to write since he is afraid that he might mispell the words. However, we ensure him that is perfectly alright to mispell. Now he is writing simple journals (which I mean a passage consists of 2-3 simple sentences) on a regular basis. At the beginning, we cannot tolerate him mispelling the words since he wrote them down based entirely on phonics. But we all know that by the end of school year, he will be able to write most of the words correctly. The goal is not to extinguish his interest in learning the language. The journals that my son wrote is even worse than what was posted earlier in this thread by Gram. App. 's standard. But that's OK, and there's no point in nitpicking the gramm mistakes word for word.

A lot of English reading, listening and speaking is essential and important since a child will absorbs like a sponge on what he sees and listens. When you read to your child, read with emotions as he will also learn this from you.

該用戶已被刪除

30#
發表於 05-1-20 21:52 |只看該作者

31#
發表於 05-1-20 23:09 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

32#
發表於 05-1-20 23:17 |只看該作者

Thanks for copying 詹德隆's article which is really good. I largely agree with him except the example "I am sorry to have kicked you." I think it is not a weakness of grammatical approach but showing that learning "writing grammar" only is insufficient. We must learn "writing grammar" and "oral grammar" supplementarily. Oral grammar must be learnt in daily life environment.

"once upon a time there was a girl who is allways very happy. she has a brother who was allways very sad, they have diferent friend that has diferent feelings. one of the friend of the brother was allways sad. another was allways very silly. the three one was angry. the four was jealos. that is why brother was allways sad. the little girl friend are happy thinkful playful and musico. that is why the little girl was allways happy."

I think this kind of communication approach is quite risky. Once a kid sticks to the wrong rule (grammar) and no one corrects his/her works, it will mislead the kid and it is difficult to correct. That's why the writing ability of westerns is dropping.

Learning grammar first may be boring but it is a must, just like learning the gesture of waving rackets before playing tennis. The parents should read story books with the kids to stimulate thier interest in English, but not by encouraging them to write with errors.

If the student wants to be a lawyer, a reporter, a teacher, a professor or a job demanding good writing, impressive and accurate writing skill is indispensable.

Please correct if my thought is wrong.
該用戶已被刪除

33#
發表於 05-1-20 23:37 |只看該作者

該用戶已被刪除

34#
發表於 05-1-20 23:51 |只看該作者

35#
發表於 05-1-20 23:56 |只看該作者

[quote]
Philipwhau 寫道:

1. 先學英文拼音,但不可學IPA,要學Webster韋氏音標,或
該用戶已被刪除

36#
發表於 05-1-21 00:03 |只看該作者

37#
發表於 05-1-21 01:21 |只看該作者

詹德隆更說連那些十一、二歲便往外國讀書的香港學生,大學畢業後回

38#
發表於 05-1-21 02:17 |只看該作者

lochan 寫道:

I concur with Warrren's view. The only way a child can speak or write fluent English is by putting him in an English speaking environmental. It cannot be done by merely hiring one or two native tutor for half an hour a day. There's simply no shortcut. CDs may help but it is simply not interactive enough.

I believe most parents will agree to that.  The issue is, how can we achieve that with the resources we have now? Any suggestions?  It's easy to say things like "making the learning process enjoyable", "full English environment", etc.  

39#
發表於 05-1-21 08:51 |只看該作者

Billy,

The solution is easy and yet hard depending on the parents. You have to speak English to your child every day. Enrol in a kindergarden that is bilingual, or even better, an IS. Have him to watch English programmes. That may already cause some difficulties to the parents but is still achievable. Some parents amy argue they are not capable. But to me it will be a good opportunitiy for parents to improve themselves by continuing educate themselves and in turn, help the child.

If you afraid that the child lacking in Chinese. Have one dedicated parent speak to him purely in Chinese/Putonghua and the other English. He may take more time to pick both up at the same time. But don't underestimate a child's language ability. He can somehow survive.

My drawback is my parents are not in HK so I cannot strike a balance between English and Chinese and therefore, my son speaks mostly English although he can understand Chinese completely.

40#
發表於 05-1-21 08:53 |只看該作者

For small kids,the most natural way of learning English is to listen and speak first.  Kids do not need to know the grammar rules, but they can speak the correct grammar naturally without thinking.  After this, they can learn how to spell correctly using phonics, then they can write correctly.  Kids growing up in foreign countries can write very good piece of English with rich volcubaries.

For teens or adults, as we have not learnt English in a natural environment in early years, we have to learn English using the grammatic approach, and it is difficult for us to speak and use English without thinking.

So I think the 2 approaches have to be applied to kids of different ages and levels.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖