用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 St. Paul Co-ed 2nd in cannot sit stably, does it mea ...
樓主: YLK
go

St. Paul Co-ed 2nd in cannot sit stably, does it mean no chance [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 08-11-5 19:18 |只看該作者
Dear YLK,
Since my child also moved a lot, didn't read the book and was very impatient, I think I am in similar situation as you. She used to be very disciplined inside the classroom and I don't know why she behaved like that in the interview. However, once the interview was over, I told myself that she was she no matter how she behaved. If she is accepted at last, I think that must be God's work. During the interview process, I learnt more about her and have more ideas on what and how to equip her for primary education whichever school she would get in. My little sharing to you is just to let go. Don't think about and explore  the way how the school chooses their students. I think there is no absolute answer. As we are in b/s in Christ, we just need  to look upon HIM and follow HIS way but not our own way.

Hope we can have a chance to get into SPCCPC and share more in the future.

[ 本帖最後由 littlewoman 於 08-11-5 19:20 編輯 ]

22#
發表於 08-11-5 21:11 |只看該作者
I think the school have ranked all kids in the first interview. They only double check the child and parents to see whelther their choice is right from second interview.
So don't worry, God have prepared for your kids already!

23#
發表於 08-11-6 05:33 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Hi TL128, Littlewoman,
Thanks for your kind sharing. It's great to meet so many nice parents here. Hope that we can meet in the parent function of SPCCSP later on.
God bless!

24#
發表於 08-11-6 09:54 |只看該作者
TL128,

I agreed with your point.
From what I have observed, some parents meet with the headmistress for at least 25mins.
However, some only has the chance of like 15mins.

Since the headmistress didn't interview all the 1st round applicants herself, I also believe the 2nd round is for her final confirmation.

原帖由 TL128 於 08-11-5 21:11 發表
I think the school have ranked all kids in the first interview. They only double check the child and parents to see whelther their choice is right from second interview.
So don't worry, God have prepa ...

25#
發表於 08-11-6 22:59 |只看該作者
We belong to B group and we were surprised that Principal Lee just explained the school curriculum and then asked us if we  have any questions about the school.  We were not even asked about the kids' strength or weakness.  Does that mean she's not interested in our kid?  I wondered, if we have no questions for her, our conversation will end within 5-6 mins.

26#
發表於 08-11-7 08:47 |只看該作者
Dear VAMP,

You may think it this way. The headmistress is very interested to admit your kids so don't discuss too much. Relax and don't think too much. Good luck and hope your kid finally got admitted to SPCCPS.

原帖由 VAMP 於 08-11-6 22:59 發表
We belong to B group and we were surprised that Principal Lee just explained the school curriculum and then asked us if we  have any questions about the school.  We were not even asked about the kids' ...

27#
發表於 08-11-7 09:00 |只看該作者
Dear all,

Just want to share with all of you.  Be relaxed.  I have similar experience last year.  I have no linkage with the school, no background, no religious background, no special talent of the child, etc.  Yet, my child was accepted by the school finally.  During the second interview, the principal did not ask many question but only share the schooling condition of SPCCPS.  We only attended the interview for about 5-10 minutes.   

During the awaiting period, the parents might have great anxiety.  However, don't worry so much.  It's not the end of nurturing your child.  Finding a suitable school for your child is only one of the steps to go ahead for a bright future.

28#
發表於 08-11-7 09:11 |只看該作者
Dear to all those have the chance 2nd in,

You are so lucky to have 2nd in. Your children are excellent no matter finally which school they go to.  What the parents should do now are to be relaxed and take your children to play.  You and your children put a lot of effort in October, attending a no. of interviews. Buy some gifts to you and your children.  Be relaxed, don't think too much.  

小朋友讀那一間小學真的是上天註定的.  就算讀不到這間不代表什麼, 況且教仔是父母的職責, 更好的學校也未必能將小孩教好, 家教是很重要的.

lemonred

原帖由 tcmom 於 08-11-7 09:00 發表
Dear all,

Just want to share with all of you.  Be relaxed.  I have similar experience last year.  I have no linkage with the school, no background, no religious background, no special talent of the  ...

29#
發表於 08-11-7 09:24 |只看該作者
Lemonred,

Agree with you. It is time to relax and be patient. Our kids and us did the best we can.

When I look around since the interview process start...my house has a lot NEW toys.."Toys R us" should be grateful to us.

30#
發表於 08-11-7 21:00 |只看該作者
Yeah, the only thing we can do is to relax and wait.  We have done our best!

31#
發表於 08-11-8 22:10 |只看該作者
我不知明天的道路 我不知明天的道路,每一天只為主活。我不借明天的太陽,因明天或許陰暗,我不要為將來憂慮,因我信主的應許,我今天要與主同行,因祂知前面如何。有許多未來的事情,我現在不能識透,但我知誰管著明天,我也知誰牽我手。
http://www.st020.cn/play/232941.htm#

32#
發表於 08-11-9 02:19 |只看該作者
Tcmom,

Can you share with us if you find the work load too much and is the curriculum more open as described by the Principal and  how long normally does your child spend on his/her homework per day pls? Tks

Rgds

e

原帖由 tcmom 於 08-11-7 09:00 發表
Dear all,

Just want to share with all of you.  Be relaxed.  I have similar experience last year.  I have no linkage with the school, no background, no religious background, no special talent of the  ...

33#
發表於 08-11-9 23:58 |只看該作者
I also want to know.
I heard that there are many tests and exam in the upper forms, is that true?
Thanks!

原帖由 cemily 於 08-11-9 02:19 發表
Tcmom,

Can you share with us if you find the work load too much and is the curriculum more open as described by the Principal and  how long normally does your child spend on his/her homework per day  ...

醒目開學勳章

34#
發表於 08-11-10 13:04 |只看該作者
P1 1st Term - No dictation and assessment
P1 2nd Term - Dictation (chin/eng) in alternate weeks, 1 interim assessment and 1 final assessment

P2 above - 2 interim assessment and 1 final assessment in both Term 1 and Term 2.

Actually the pressure of homework is not really huge. Most homework can be finished at school during 導修堂.

Students are encoraged to do revision and read books at home. Required to write book report (both chin and eng readers) and hand in to the class teacher once a month.

原帖由 littlewoman 於 08-11-9 23:58 發表
I also want to know.
I heard that there are many tests and exam in the upper forms, is that true?
Thanks!

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 08-11-10 13:08 編輯 ]

35#
發表於 08-11-10 17:02 |只看該作者
Although there is no "exam" or "dictation" or "assessment" during the 1st term of P1, there are many classworks which will be marked or graded. And there will be a term report in 1st term of P1 as in any other terms.
The first 2 weeks in September was relaxing, but after that, my P1 kid often cannot finish the homework at school during 導修堂.

醒目開學勳章

36#
發表於 08-11-11 02:02 |只看該作者
Unlike other primary schools, there's no formal assessment held during the 1st term of P1. Hence students' academic performance is measured by their classwork/homework i.e. 平時分 and general performance in class.

The purpose of this is to bridge the kids from kindergarten to P1, help them adapt to the modes of primary school life happily without caring much about tests/examinations.

However, as parents are usually "marks-focused" and take the results of homework as their own pride, they may exert unnecessary pressure on both kids and themselves.

I trust the tension will be loosened once they've gone through the transition period, and will start to love and enjoy the school life of SPCC.

原帖由 FPLV 於 08-11-10 17:02 發表
Although there is no "exam" or "dictation" or "assessment" during the 1st term of P1, there are many classworks which will be marked or graded. And there will be a term report in 1st term of P1 as in  ...

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 08-11-11 02:20 編輯 ]

37#
發表於 08-11-11 15:27 |只看該作者
為什麼時間這麼漫長?

38#
發表於 08-11-11 16:28 |只看該作者
是, 還有13天.
每一天都在想究竟2nd interview時有沒有做得不妥當的地方....
亦不敢告訴別人去了2nd interview.
怕最終都是落空. :cry:  

原帖由 VAMP 於 08-11-11 15:27 發表
為什麼時間這麼漫長?

39#
發表於 08-11-11 17:40 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

me 2

40#
發表於 08-11-11 20:10 |只看該作者
我既感受和你完全一樣﹗常常反復思考2nd interview時有沒有做得不妥當的地方。似乎李校長係2nd interview時同每個家長都係講大致一樣既說話﹐根本無辦法推算自己有幾大機會。

其實有冇媽咪聽過已往一D case, 係入到2nd interview但最終不幸落空的﹐唔知李校長會唔會係interview時有D indication 呢﹖

原帖由 jmiu 於 08-11-11 16:28 發表
是, 還有13天.
每一天都在想究竟2nd interview時有沒有做得不妥當的地方....
亦不敢告訴別人去了2nd interview.
怕最終都是落空. :cry:  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題