教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 港大同學會小學入學面試
樓主: tin_tin
go

港大同學會小學入學面試 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-6-24 23:39 |只看該作者

Re: 港大同學會小學入學面試

Dear Charmaine,

How can I visit the school ? You just knock the door by yourself or by some kind of special arrangement of any groups / kindergartens ? I want to visit the school also and with my kid to let her know more about this school also. Thank you.

22#
發表於 04-6-27 15:39 |只看該作者

但上年我有朋友去考, 佢係買個保險, 驚個小朋友冇好的學校收, 佢都未必讀的, 其實都唔知呢間學校會點, 話哂係新校, 講既一套, 做又唔知點, 點知面試, 要考埋個家長, 仲要舉手爭答問題....., 後來佢個女第一論考唔到, 後補收左, 冇去讀, 反而考到去基灣讀.  

23#
發表於 04-6-27 21:35 |只看該作者

Hi XO

你的朋友可能有些誇張,此校是没有家長答問大會。在去年的入學試裏;差不多有二百名小朋友的家長在禮堂内;當校長介紹完學校的資料後,祇有約十分鐘時間給家長問一些學校資料,而我和朋友没有開口說一句話,但我們的小朋友亦被取錄。

24#
發表於 04-6-29 11:55 |只看該作者

charmaine

I also would like to know how can i pay a visit to the school too.

My girl is now in K2...and i've heard quite a lot good comments on this school (from friends and net).  I'm interested in taking a look of its envirnoment too.  So if i really find this school a good choice, i need to enrol it separately? I mean it is not one of those "攪珠派位" school?  Thanks for answering.

25#
發表於 04-6-29 12:00 |只看該作者

Dear Teresa

Do you still remember me?  I'm the one who got a lot of advices from you regarding my trip to Beijing.   .  Thanks again.

I just realised that your boy is in the same grade as my girl.  Which area do you live?  I live in North Point and would like to share your ideas of which schools you have in mind for your boy.  I tend to let her to study in a primary school without too much homework and tests...however, at the same time, i'm worrying if that will do bad to her when she goes to secondary school as most secondary schools are using traditional systems i.e. loads of homework..and tests...  I'm afraid by then she wont be able to adapt to that system....  Headaches!!!!    What do you think?  Welcome other moms' opinions..

26#
發表於 04-6-29 13:02 |只看該作者

The school visit was arranged by the Parents-Teachers Association of my daughter's kinder.

Charmaine

27#
發表於 04-7-1 23:50 |只看該作者

Hi 040101,

I also heard a friend said group interview for parents is required and the parents did "舉手爭答問題". The questions are in fact asking for the views of the parents on some kid's issues. So, I'm curious why you said no interview for parents. Is it  if the kid is amart enough for being accepted on their own performance, then no interview with the parents is required, otherwise, the school has to meet the parent of the less preferred group in order to select the 2nd round. Thanks for your sharing.

28#
發表於 04-7-2 12:54 |只看該作者

Hi AQMum
As far as I know, for the 1st year, HKUGA really had group interview for parents.  However, now it receives too many applicants, so with only interview with the child within 1 hour.

29#
發表於 04-7-2 16:48 |只看該作者

請問知唔知如果報o左港大同學會之後, 可否等第二輪抽籤??

謝謝!
Hei-Hei

30#
發表於 04-7-3 00:04 |只看該作者

Hi AQMum
正如loklokc and 040101所講,在去年的入學試是没有考家長和個別會面。請問你朋友的囝囝囡囡是在2002年考入學試 (今年升讀P2)。因入學試是一年前考,希望你没有混淆。

記得當日約10:00am帶

31#
發表於 04-7-3 15:07 |只看該作者

Hi da

希望在小一入學安排會那天與你打招呼。

32#
發表於 04-7-4 10:53 |只看該作者

For admission to 2003/04 入學試 (i.e. Interview carried out in the year 2002), there was 入學試 and so called small "group discussion" for parents, therefore 家長爭答問題 because parents considered it is an interview of parents.

For 2004/05 admission (i.e. lnterview carried out in year 2003), there was no more small "group discussion" for parents to attend.  All  parents 由當值的學生帶往禮堂 to attend the principal and English teacher's briefing.  No more small "group discussion" is required, no parents need to 爭答問題 anymore.

33#
發表於 04-7-7 00:35 |只看該作者

Thinker and Da,

Thank you for your sharing. As you said, my friend's kid is studying P1 now and going to P2 next sem.

But I have one more query, is the teaching principle of the HKUGA secondary same as primary ? Not matched with the traditional secondary school ? I wonder if the students graduated from HKUGA Primary can catch up with traditional secondary school ?  Or I must let the kid follow the "through train" even if I find it not suitable. I appreciate the teaching style but still has some hesitation in the academic knowledge they can get from these type of new schools.

34#
發表於 04-7-7 22:12 |只看該作者

Hi AQMun

當初撰擇學校時都有考慮此問題,但我覺得囡囡的性格未必適合傳

35#
發表於 04-7-9 00:43 |只看該作者

AQMum,

Fully understand your concern.  Academic knowledge is the least to worry about, the world now demand people with smart/creative thinking ability and presentation skills, definitely not academic knowledge.

HKUGA Secondary school will follow the same education concepts as the Primary school and that give me even more confident to choose HKUGA, as I do not have to worry about having to find a seconday school that match HKUGA Primary school.

Attend their open day, observe HKUGA's students performance and behaviour (more important, don't forgot to observe their parents as well).   Then, you will find the answer.  

36#
發表於 04-7-9 23:29 |只看該作者

Thank you for all your sharings. I do want to visit the school but found their open day is late in the year. I will try this school for my kid but seems the competition is very strong. Only 1 in 10 can get a seat. It's hard to get in unless the kid is very outstanding.

37#
發表於 04-7-16 08:36 |只看該作者

You don't have to worry about it, just go ahead to have a try.  No matter how, it will be a good experience for your kid.

In particualr, you will see how well their HKUGA's students are trained to lead parents and kids on the interview day!

Students (not teachers) have to speak in front of the parents and explain the arrangement on that day, and they need to lead kids to the classroms for interview.

You will be able to assess their students behaviour  and politeness.

You will see, in most other schools' interview, it was teachers not students to take the lead.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖