搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 續'如何教寶寶閱讀'
樓主: Sindy
go

續'如何教寶寶閱讀' [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-8-4 16:59 |只看該作者

Re: 續'如何教寶寶閱讀'

I just glanced through the book "how to teach the baby to read: gentle revolution". The two books have similar idea. I think Dr Doman's method is mainly for babies younger than 2, whereas, Ms. Wu's method would be more effective for children of older age. That is why I am so happy to find it. My son feels proud when he can actually remember and say the words, and thus give him more motivation to learn. Moreover he can also order the words for him to learn.

Because my elder son is over 3 now, I cannot know if Dr. Doman's method is effective or not. Could you share more on the progress of your child?

22#
發表於 04-8-4 20:17 |只看該作者

I am also trying this method with my 4 year old boy and he finds it interesting especially the words with photos.
However, I find that he memorise the photos and the pronounciation sometimes intead the words itself. He has little interest on the "words only" format.
Sometimes, he will request me to stop playing the PPS and let him try to speak out the words by himself. And he will suggest to play word game sometimes by asking me to pick up the right card when he speak out the word and vice versa.
I think the motivation of the child is much more important and thus I will change a bit to fit sometimes. :

23#
發表於 04-8-4 22:16 |只看該作者

Carrierogerian,

Thank you for your sharing. In these few days, I am pretending that I am a witch and challenge my son to see if he can read the words.

Are you teaching your son English or Chinese?

I am using Ms. Wu's method to teach my son Chinese. And I am still thinking when I should start to teach him English, cos according to Ms. Wu's book, he needs to speak English well to have the method effective.

24#
發表於 04-8-5 11:56 |只看該作者

Zimba,

I teach him both English and Chinese but he is more interested in the English words. I think this method may help him much in building up the vocabulary especially for English since it is not our mother tongue.
I also try to let him read the "red rots" pps, he is motivated too but he stared at the number at the corner instead of the red dots. I have tried to change the number to simplified english words and at the left corner. When he finds the number disappear, he lost interests in it and I think it may be because he knows the numbers1-100 already and it is more familiar with him.
I agree much with Doman's method that don't test the child and you will find he acquires the knowledge one day.
Actually, I am not intending to use the word game in testing out my boy but he likes this game and I just follow his wish.
How about you? How do you teach him to speak English, can you share with me?

25#
發表於 04-8-5 14:27 |只看該作者

Hi carrierogerian,
Teaching my son to speak English is a problem I have to solve now. Because we don't speak in English to him at home.
According to Ms Wu, the child will choose the easier language/word to read if shown to them together. So the child will choose English rather than Chinese, because English is easier. I agree with this point, that is why I am waiting for my son to know a certain number of Chinese words, before I start English.
When I ask my son to read after me, and try to read the words he has learnt, I don't think he feels that I am testing him, but rather we are playing a game. In this game, he is trying to win by recalling the words and he is really excited about it. I think whether the child feels pressured really depends on the altitude of the parent.
So now I just let my son listen to English songs, talk to him in English from time to time.
Anyway, I am trying out Dr. Doman's method on my younger son. No harm done, I believe, as long as I keep it joyful.
I am thinking of letting my boys listen to children songs in other foreign languages, do you have any idea where to find them?

26#
發表於 04-8-5 15:55 |只看該作者

Dear all,

I'm a working Mom just start reading "How to teach your baby to read" and at the same time asking my husband to read <如何教幼兒學習識字閱讀>.  My plan is that I will teach my 3.5 yr boy to read English while my husband will teach him Chinese because we speak with him respectively in English & Chinese.  My concern is that we don't have enough time with him.  I guess we can teach him one set of English (5 words) and one set of Chinese (5 words) alternatively from around 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. in around 30 mins intervals.  However, Dr Doman recommended teaching 5 sets daily.  Do you think I should get my Filipino maid involved to teach him the remaining 3 sets or even teaching 2 sets can still be effective.

Any comments?  Any working mom has experience for sharing.

Thanks & regards,

Brent

27#
發表於 04-8-6 10:27 |只看該作者

Brend,

I've same problem that I am a working mom. My son is take care by my parent-in-law. I can't ask him to teach my son as their pronunciation is not correct. If I teach him after back to home. Is it still work?

28#
發表於 04-8-6 11:47 |只看該作者

Moody and Brend,

I am also a working mum and my son  is taking care by my mother and we will take him home everynight. Therefore, I can only teach him at night time. Sometimes, I let him read once or twice a day but it's ok as long as he is motivated to do so.
You know, it really encouraging for me to continue as my son is expecting to read the pps everynight and I could really see his progress.
So, try your best and you will see the "fruit" some day. :

29#
發表於 04-8-6 12:01 |只看該作者

Zimba,

Thanks for your sharing and I share the problem too as we seldom speak to him in English at home.
When he was small(1-2 yrs), I let him listen to English songs, watch eng cartoon and read Eng books . However, he has little interest in the songs and video later. I am trying to talk to him in English sometimes at home but he will request me to speak in Cantonese or he just ignores me...
When I start to play the pps and read the English words, he becomes more motivated in listening to me in English. So, I will keep on...

30#
發表於 04-8-6 13:17 |只看該作者

Dear carrierogerian,

Thanks for the sharing!

Regards,
Brent

31#
發表於 04-8-6 17:35 |只看該作者

Dear Brent,

胡雁女士 is also a working mum, she said in the book that she showed the cards to her daughter in the morning before work, after work and before sleep.
I think 3 times a day would be enough for a 3 year old child, because he will be busy with his school time and playtime too. And 聊勝於無, he is sure to learn something.

Carrierogerian,

yes, my son is also like that. He likes to shout out the bus numbers on the road, and I will repeat after him in English or Mandarin. Sometimes, he forbidden me to do that, and I just said, "OK! you don't need to listen, I am just talking to myself." After a while, he got used to it, and tell the bus number in English to my maid.

32#
發表於 04-8-7 08:35 |只看該作者

Dear zimba,

Thanks!

Regards,
Brent

33#
發表於 04-8-11 13:19 |只看該作者

終於看完整本"如何教幼兒識字閱讀"了.

這本作品把"如何教寶寶閱讀"的部份抽了出來, 再加上作者一些在自己女兒身上的經驗作出改變而作為一種新的方法. 裡面亦有不少有用資料, 例如比較東南亞數個國家學生的識字量等等.  這是一本好作品, 特別對未看過"如何教寶寶閱讀"的家長來說, 實踐當中的方法會對孩子識字有很大幫助.

我不是教學專家, 但以近一年多實踐"如何教寶寶閱讀"這個方法的經驗, 我想分享一下一些個人看法:

雖然作者不斷強調越早教越好, 但還是自我設限, 要孩子接近2歲左右會說話才開始, 原因是其方法需要孩子把詞語讀出. 2歲以內的孩子未必能跟讀, 而且家長很難了解孩子到底學了多少, 會容易有對牛彈琴的感覺, 孩子太小理解力弱, 收效不大.

這個論點有部份正確 - 家長很難了解孩子到底學了多少, 會容易有對牛彈琴的感覺.

但這裡有些問題:
1. 孩子未能讀出來, 是否代表孩子不能明白, 學不到呢? 不是的. 家長會留意到大部份孩子在1歲左右已經很明白成人的用語句子了. 他們會依照大人的指示去做一些動作, 例如指出物件, 拿東西等. 雖然他們還未懂說出來. 說話其實是一種"輸出". 是需要透過聽到大量語句, 加上孩子說話相關的機能如聲帶發育得好, 才能說出話來. 如果家長不和孩子說話, 語言的刺激不夠, 孩子是會遲說話的. 同理, 如果家長遲給予孩子文字的刺激, 他們亦要好一段時間才能學會閱讀.

2. 由書的名字"教幼兒識字閱讀"可以明白作者的主要目的是要教幼兒"識字". 我很相信孩子真的能透過書中的方法做到"識字"的目的. 然而, 閱讀方面, 我個人認為閱讀不是要做到"讀出聲". 閱讀是透過看到文字去明白文字的意思. 這與眼力及理解力關係較大, 而與讀出聲與否關係較少. 當我們看書時, 只需望著書本的文字, 便能明白書中文字的意思了. 反而, 如果把書中的文字讀出來, 一方面會影響看書的速度, 另一方面會影響理解力, 結果往往要快速地重看書中的內容才能真正明白書中的意思.

作者要求孩子把詞語重新讀出, 是要求孩子在家長作出"輸入"後, 立刻"輸出". 這點是與"如何教寶寶閱讀"最大的不同處. 我認為, 這種做法的好處是家長知道孩子是否能"認出"及"讀出"詞語, 令家長有動力繼續下去, 代價是減低了學習的速度(一定無法一秒一張), 引致減低了對孩子刺激的強度(同樣五張字卡, 孩子的腦部在五秒裡面接收五個訊息強度較大, 十五秒五個訊息則強度較弱), 也打斷了大腦連續接收訊息的連續性(因孩子接收一個輸入訊息後立刻需要輸出, 才有第二個訊息的輸入).  這種看卡方法, 對孩子的腦部刺激其實是較少的.

基於對孩子的刺激及強度較少, 我個人的選擇是會用同樣的努力(一日看卡三次, 每次看五張至25張卡), 但不會要求孩子作即時"跟讀"的輸出. 此外, 我會選擇多用學會的詞語做短句, 做句子及自製書, 讓孩子重新在句子及自製書中看到已經學過的詞語, 作為一種複習, 而不會採用隔一段時間重新看卡這種複習方法.

以上純屬個人讀後觀感.

34#
發表於 04-8-13 11:40 |只看該作者

我很認同。我比較支持原著的教法!但欣賞胡雁的creativity.
Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

35#
發表於 04-8-13 11:52 |只看該作者

我想請教做字卡,那些字打直寫好定打橫寫好呢??
若打橫寫好像好易渾亂了不知由左邊讀起定由右邊讀起.
請指教.

36#
發表於 04-8-13 12:28 |只看該作者

我跟本書打直寫!有些MA MA 會—兩面用,一面中一面英!唔洗咁多咭,我無咁做!因用打直法於中文字!
Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

37#
發表於 04-8-13 12:31 |只看該作者

erica :
其實中文字卡到底採用"直寫"還是"橫寫"並不重要,隨個人喜好便可了!!
你說"若打橫寫好像好易渾亂了不知由左邊讀起定由右邊讀起"!!其實就算我們採用"直寫",寶寶也有可能"由下而上"去看詞語,因為我們大人已經習慣了由上看至下,但寶寶怎理解我們的"習慣"!!!
我個人是平時是採用直寫的,但會將zoe的中文名字,分別用"直寫"及"橫寫"寫在字卡上,然後張貼在家中的牆壁上,間中抱著zoe,一邊讀出,再一邊用手指指出次序,這樣寶寶便可明白了!!!!
Zoe Tse MaMa Zoe係2003年12月12日出世的 Zoe靚靚相簿 . . . 擺番個靚pose先 . . . . . . . . . 玩單槓. . . . . . .

38#
發表於 04-8-24 18:51 |只看該作者

Hello, ZoeTse,
I have purchased from Taiwan a Chinse word card which is "直寫".  Before I got them, I already start making some cards and "橫寫".  I now use the "橫寫" word cards to start showing to my son for 1 week.   I wonder whether I could use the one ("直寫") at the same time, say in some weeks I use those purchased material, some use my tailor-made ones.  But I am concern if I sometimes use "橫寫" and sometimes use "直寫", he will be confused.  
I do not want to waste those I bought.  Pls advise.

EF

39#
發表於 04-8-24 18:57 |只看該作者

Hi, Tina,
I also finished the book of "如何教幼兒識字閱讀". I take it as a practical guide for teaching kid Chinese.

After I read how to teach Baby Math, I want to ask:
can we start together with teaching Chinese words, Math together? And Chinese words, English and math together?  

For Maths, I read the study plan for Maths from your web, it looks like it takes about 2 months to finish teaching counting 1-100 and formula for +, - and multiplying.  After this schedule, do we need to do some more exercise/practising games with kids?  How do I know he learns or not?  What do we do after 56-60days?   How do we do to refresh their mind/reinforce the learning?  For the kid, will they feel pressured if we give them so many flash cards with Chinese, English, red dots/formula?

Thanks for advice.
EF

40#
發表於 04-8-25 09:41 |只看該作者

Hi, I am a beginner of using word cards.  However, I find that my son likes the word and picture cards more than the word cards.

On the first day, I showed him word cards.

On the 2nd day, I also showed him word and picture cards (as a book) besides the words cards.

From the 3th - 4th days, he likes the word and picture cards very much.  He always asks us to read and show him the books.  Sometimes, he reads himself.  He likes the transportation one very much.  After we show him the book, he pays much attention on looking at the cars when he goes out.

However, I wonder he identifies the pictures only and doesn't like to read the words.  Did I start wrongly?  Is it o.k. to keep on showing him the different topics of word and picture cards?  Now, he has no interest on the word cards but always asks for the books of picture and word cards. I do really want to him like reading afterwards.

Please kindly advise.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題