搜索
教育王國 討論區 資優教育 三歲資優點教,請求意見!
樓主: BCHK
go

三歲資優點教,請求意見! [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 08-2-14 10:01 |只看該作者
原文章由 Lifetime 於 07-10-9 15:45 發表

你可以睇吓活動式教學, 以兒童為本的幼稚園, 用project approach. 可以按小朋友自己的程度學習生活.

I have known a teacher specially teach gifted children. He has 3 children all are gifted children. pls call him and have a cheat. Mr. chan tel: 23920478 
Ewong

22#
發表於 08-2-14 10:20 |只看該作者
原文章由 benlee 於 07-10-10 00:19 發表
我在家已用百科全書和中學生的字典教孩子,他從上廁除褲穿褲、洗手抹手至刷牙洗臉,都是自己做的。雖然長輩均希望我的孩子將來會接手由我控制的生意,但我沒有望子成龍的包袱,作為一個平凡的母親,只是簡單的希望他會在愛中幸 ...

I know a teacher Mr. Chan tel: 23920478  who is experience teaching and giving advise for gifted children as he has 3 gifted children also.  His centre is at Mong Kok. You can call him and have a cheat.  My baby is studying at his centre also
Ewong

23#
發表於 08-2-16 11:57 |只看該作者
Benlee,
I feel so sorry when I read your messages here.. from top to bottom.. as some moms said.. really, Hong Kong is not the right place for your child.. as your child is really a gifted. and ... it is a gift from God.. Forget about to close your business, that is impossible.. as you said.. how about all oyour employees.. and their families.
Home schooling is a good method.. but not really works in HongKong, as not enough support.
Good on you that your understanding is very important.
My daughter also cause a lot of trouble at school, and she only loves books.. (certainly. not the books that you mention.. just 1-2 years advance.... ) I did not think about that she has any problem at school.. as I thought .. she is just a little bit smart.. not really clever.. Until, few weeks ago, we need to enrol to kindergarten (we are in new york).. she can do and read all the home work and exercise from Kindergarten class.. the teacher said that her IQ and talent is 1-2 years above average.. then, we accept to send her to do the (GATE) Gift and talent exam which runs by education department from new york. and now we are waiting for the result.
In fact, I am afraid, I am really afraid.. if she is a gifted, what can I do.. I can't stay calm like you.. I did cry.. when the teacher told me about her condition.. I don't know what else I can do for her, when she was 2, she attended 3 years old class, when she was 3, she attended 4 years old class, when she was 4.. (by NY law, she can't go to 5 years old class{kindergarten} unless she is a gifted), but I did not believe that she is a gifted at all. I thought, she is just a bit bigger, motor skill is better, she can think and learn faster than the same age.. that's it..
on her 10 months old, toilet (poo poo) trained by herself, (pee pee ) trained on her own at 2 years old.. also, go to pee and poo and wash her face and brush her teeth by her own at 2 years old.. shower and dry herself, also help me to wash my back when she was 3 years old (as I was pregnant again, I can't reach my back and my hair, so she washed my back everyday). she dress and undress herself, keep her laundry.. self care..
at her 2.5 years old, she know how to run all the CD-rom to do the 4 years old pre-k class work.. she can tell you the different between white and sliver, and tell you water is clear. she knows what is hexigon.. and all sharps.
now, she is doing all her works on internet (with parent guard).. or those educational DVD for kindergarten. read story by her own..
However, I want Amanda to smile every day.. do silly things with friends everyday, and be a normally happy child.. as she is the youngest child in her class, she was always being teasting around by other classmates.. that is not really healthy.. but.. I couldn't do much about it.. teacher said that even she is the smallest in class, she is the smartest child and she is a teacher pet.. shame on me.. can't find any support beside --just giving her more challenging home work.. (to stop her being annonying and start making trouble to surrounding)
My daughter is just a minor case compare with yours, and I should stay calm and learn it from you..

Dear all,
I am glad to see a forum here.. for me to express my feeling..(fear and upset)
please really believe in.. not every parent will be happy to have a difficult child.. especially ... she is not the only child at home with working parents overseas (with no family supported).

原文章由 benlee 於 07-11-2 12:13 AM 發表
我們有足夠的經濟能力支撑以後的生活,但公司的其他人呢?在某些層面上,人在人情在,若我或一些人死了,便會對整體造成嚴重、甚至不能收復的傷害。當初我們求別人跟我們同路,今日總不能失驚無神話走就走,我疼我的孩子,但他們每一 ...

24#
發表於 08-2-21 15:28 |只看該作者
Nillie_Mami,

Don't worry.  Just try to keep your beautiful smile with your babies all the times.  Your angels will smile to you, show you what they need and how to go on.  Do you also believe that The God has own mean to do every single thing?  No matter what kind of kids we respectively have and how big our heads become, they are all angels and gifts.

Even though I failed to let him get in any kindergarten now, there are three kindergartens have already admitted my son to K1 class for 08' - 09' academic year starting from August this year at his 2.5 years while he is currently studying with some other average 4 to 5 aged childeren in a special learning centre for maths (addition and subtraction), English (words, pharses, simple sentences and spelling, no picture) and Mandarin (words and pharses).  He becomes happier, I become happier.  I wish he would enjoy playing with same age peer group in normal school life while intend to burn out his extra energy and hunger of advanced knowledge and exploration.  Let him cause less trouble, understand how to get into crowd and follow the rules, and, keep him happy and love the life play.

If you do believe there is a better way ahead, there is better way ahead!  Keep you smile all the times because your angel will copy all what you do.

Take care.

原文章由 Nillie_Mami 於 08-2-16 11:57 發表
Benlee,
I feel so sorry when I read your messages here.. from top to bottom.. as some moms said.. really, Hong Kong is not the right place for your child.. as your child is really a gifted. and ... it ...

25#
發表於 08-2-21 16:09 |只看該作者
Dear Benlee

Deeply touched by your effort to provide the best for your child, Let’s pray {tomorrow will be better}.

The bible said, “Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6:34)

MarcuD

原文章由 benlee 於 08-2-21 15:28 發表
Nillie_Mami,

Don't worry.  Just try to keep your beautiful smile with your babies all the times.  Your angels will smile to you, show you what they need and how to go on.  Do you also believe that Th ...

26#
發表於 08-2-22 04:59 |只看該作者
Benlee,
If I don't mess up, HK government doesn't allow home schooling from P.1 to F.3 .. right?
How about attend the regular kindergarten and at the same time, set up the home schooling?
If you need any material from USA, let me know, I will give you a hand..

Beside, I would like to know, where I can get the chinese learning material from hk.. when I go to Ebay, yahoo.. they only show the English material.. which I don't need them at all..
really hard to find good chinese material to teach Amanda.

原文章由 benlee 於 08-2-21 02:28 AM 發表
Nillie_Mami,

Don't worry.  Just try to keep your beautiful smile with your babies all the times.  Your angels will smile to you, show you what they need and how to go on.  Do you also believe that Th ...

27#
發表於 08-2-22 15:07 |只看該作者
MarcusD,

Thanks.  We each just try our best to be a not too bad mother.  For the time we cannot drive the way, why not leave all the rest to The God, let he or the way lead us by his / its own.

Although there is not much we can do / change for those unfavourable conditions, we still can change our mood any time and keep our smile along all the way.

The God giving us our super troublesome monkey kids as gifts proves he is still watching and be our side.  I do believe I got the most valuable present (my super monkey and big head), that's why I can go on and smile.  We all are the ones with most blessings even respectively have to face different problems and sometimes depressed.  Wish you all and babies could grow up stronger and stronger with smile.

原文章由 MarcusD 於 08-2-21 16:09 發表
Dear Benlee

Deeply touched by your effort to provide the best for your child, Let’s pray {tomorrow will be better}.

The bible said, “Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about it ...

28#
發表於 08-2-22 17:38 |只看該作者
Nillie_Mami,
You are right.  HK govt doesn't allow home schooling from P.1 to F.3 AND also restricts only 2 years & 8 months or above kids can go to N1 and 3 years & 8 months or above can go to K1.  That's why I got a problem as I previously mentioned.

The principals finding my kid is amusing and “really a typical case” (according to their exact wordings) admitted him to K1 class at his 2.5 years old, but told there was no guarantee he would be able to get into any primary school as his classmates because of his age.
I don’t worry about that since primary schools and above got instructions from govt that they could manage such cases and make own decisions for those abnormal children.
As I used to know, primary schools especially for the well-known and established ones tend to pick up students based on their performance and ability.
I don’t need my boy jump, jump, jump.
If there will be a problem, then let I sort it out when the time comes.

Thanks for the offer.
I also want to have a look of US materials since I currently use the UK ones.
What do you think about those materials?
For the Chinese materials, I teach my boy by my own made word cards.
I let him start from recognizing single words, then phases, simple sentences and so on at home.
Since his brain grows much faster than muscle, I will teach him how to write when he finds interesting and becomes ready.
And in learning centre, Beijing teachers teach and play with the children in Mandarin while English teachers do in English, both by more and less the same method.
If you have interest to have a look, I can send you some.

原文章由 Nillie_Mami 於 08-2-22 04:59 發表
Benlee,
If I don't mess up, HK government doesn't allow home schooling from P.1 to F.3 .. right?
How about attend the regular kindergarten and at the same time, set up the home schooling?
If you need ...

29#
發表於 08-2-22 23:18 |只看該作者
benlee,
I am glad that, I got someone to talk with.. as friends in US, new york, they all rely on me, as Amanda is the oldest one in our playgroup. So, I don't really able to get any help at all.. also, Amanda is the one who is different from oters, many of her friends need early intervention, which they have difficulty to talk and speak, or even have motor skill delay.. so, I don't have any body to talk with or ask for help.. I have to say thankyou to you.

I saw that they have so many Gifted child web site here, and they have many exercise on Maths, and other subject.
Nowadays, Amanda is doing the exercise online, also we bought the gifted exercise from the book store.
She loves writing, although, her writing is very snappy.. (she starts hand writing from last October).. we wait until she interested in.. just like the way you teach your son
Amanda will ask me all the chinese words from her scrapbook ( the photo album made by myself, I cut all the photo into different shape and write journal all over the place, some times in chinese, some times in English with all decoration), I wish to keep more memories.. for all of us.. and I know.. once she starts interested in language and words, she will ask me what the journal is talking about.. ^o^

about the home schooling before P.1, do we allow to provide to our child in hk?
your son is so lucky.. to have you as his mom..

I will remember what you told me, to smile to Amanda.. to remember that she is a gift for me..
I should remember that we both learn from each other every day..
sometimes, when she said negative word like loser.. I know that someone was hurting her from school..(and said that to her).. I feel so hurt and heart breaking..
Here in US, I tried not to complain to school about it, because they should learn how to deal with the abuse from other classmates.. it is very cruel.. but it is life..
(especially, she is the youngest in the class-- that is too bad)..
原文章由 benlee 於 08-2-22 04:38 AM 發表
Nillie_Mami,
You are right.  HK govt doesn't allow home schooling from P.1 to F.3 AND also restricts only 2 years & 8 months or above kids can go to N1 and 3 years & 8 months or above can go to K1.  T ...

30#
發表於 08-2-24 01:37 |只看該作者
Nillie_Mami,

No need to say thanks since it's my luck to meet friends here with same problem.  Therefore, we and our kids are no longer alone on that way.

Honestly, I up to this moment haven't read any book especially for gifted children and their parents (because of lazy and too much crazy work caused by my monkey boy...  Therefore, you can imagine our home is exactly same as rubbish dumping area.).  I just try an error in order to solve all those problems.  Exactly like playing game, I teach my son further more or move to another new area every time when I find he is over the existing level.  My role is only showing him how to get into the place where he find interesting, but he needs to do the rest by his own (such as how to understand, memorize, manage the database he already got for any kind analysis, set up physcial setting in order to achieve something...).

You do it very well since I also agree that the best way to start teaching our babies should be from our daily life.  She wants to understand where and whom she lives with, so she got reason and interest to learn - with fun!  Amanda is one of luckiest angels since she has landed to the best home with the best mom.  

I don't know whether HK govt allows home schooling before P.1, but have once heard "it seems to be not a must to go formal kindergarten".

If you find there may be something wrong in Amanda's school, you can try to tell her what's going on, what you would do if you were her..., and you of course shall be with her all the times.  Your love, concern and support is what Amanda desires the most.

原文章由 Nillie_Mami 於 08-2-22 23:18 發表
benlee,
I am glad that, I got someone to talk with.. as friends in US, new york, they all rely on me, as Amanda is the oldest one in our playgroup. So, I don't really able to get any help at all.. als ...

31#
發表於 08-2-26 02:56 |只看該作者
benlee,
so good to see you here..
Yesterday, we had a breast feeding gathering, chatting with moms who all breast feed babies (cantonese moms, dad with different nationality)..
my lovely play group.. for Amanda and Gabriel, to meet some Hong Kong friends.. (we meet each other in BK, and other worldwide blog)
all of them are waiting for the GATE result (Amanda's) from DOE..
Amanda was very behaved yesterday, we asked her to be the teacher to teach all other children.. as we had the teachinf material at home. so, she was pretending she is a teacher. every one was having fun.
all boys and girls running behind Amanda, upstairs and downstairs.. I am glad that.. I found babykingdom, and many hong kong moms live in new york.. so, we can gather together all the times, so Amanda can play with other chinese.. When she is happy, I am happy. I did not find any group outside..because... chinese here in NYC, they don't really care ( all those chinese association only help people to get the government fund only).. we won't get any support from the community.. therefore, I set up my own play group and discuss group, and we all meet at my house at selected weekend.

原文章由 benlee 於 08-2-23 12:37 PM 發表
Nillie_Mami,

No need to say thanks since it's my luck to meet friends here with same problem.  Therefore, we and our kids are no longer alone on that way.

Honestly, I up to this moment haven ...

32#
發表於 08-3-4 22:52 |只看該作者

US materials

Nellie Mami,

I would like to know the US materials you refer to .  Any web links would be gratefully received.  Thanks.

33#
發表於 08-3-5 00:43 |只看該作者
cadamom,
please check pm...
when you made up your mind, feel free to pm me..
原文章由 cadamom 於 08-3-4 09:52 AM 發表
Nellie Mami,

I would like to know the US materials you refer to .  Any web links would be gratefully received.  Thanks.

34#
發表於 08-3-5 13:50 |只看該作者
原文章由 Nillie_Mami 於 08-3-5 00:43 發表
cadamom,
please check pm...
when you made up your mind, feel free to pm me..

Could you please pm the information to me?

35#
發表於 08-3-7 16:59 |只看該作者
我的兩個孩子初小已經評為資優生.當年佢地係被nominate入一個資優兒童研究.當年全港只有十多間小學加入資優教育計劃.做研究個教授nominate我d細路轉校.我思前想後無接受.唔想佢地做化學豬.資優兒童比較難同同輩相處.我當年好著緊佢地去結交朋友融入社群.細的十多歲時曾同我傾訴說同學覺得佢好怪.我回應佢只要做回自己別人會接受佢.佢預科的時候是社長.大的也是領袖.佢地已經大學畢業.工作ok.朋友一大班.做資優生父母難.資優生行既路更難.如果出人頭地是孤獨的話.我情願佢地做個開心快活人.最近有同佢地講返佢地係資優.所以工作時遇到一些反應比較慢的同事時要忍.和諧至上.

36#
發表於 08-3-9 00:27 |只看該作者
原文章由 talkymum 於 08-3-7 16:59 發表
我的兩個孩子初小已經評為資優生.當年佢地係被nominate入一個資優兒童研究.當年全港只有十多間小學加入資優教育計劃.做研究個教授nominate我d細路轉校.我思前想後無接受.唔想佢地做化學豬.資優兒童比較難同同輩相處.我當年 ...

Agree

37#
發表於 08-3-11 16:20 |只看該作者
Talkymum,

You did what my mother did on I.  I was found and classified as another adnormal group when I was 3.  My mother had turned down the school's offer, but then I was unhappy blaming her (in heart) since I had found none of my classmates thinking, doing things... or etc like what I did.  I from kindergarten first year to BA degree final year won scholarships which I had chosen, but always kept myself at number 2 no matter who was number 1 in that academic year in that school.  It was the way I raising my voice to complain.  All the teachers knew I had intended to do it and I that lazy bone still won their most care and love even after graduation up to today.  But for other students, I was a monster.  My mother had wished I could make same aged friends and got happy childhood, but the fact turned out was I got no friends until I found another two girls (we are all early thirty now but one has already been procurator while another has been president in Chase at our 27) as same type of monsters.  I understand what my mother wished and blessed.  That's why I haven't say one word throughout those years no matter how terrible I was in peer group.  Fortunately, I won love from very senior people.

I understand further more how a mother feels and wishes after I got my boy.  I only got the earliest memory at my 7 months, but have tried my best to avoid my boy from having the same problems and pains which I had got from his first day born.  Honestly, I shall not do what my mother did on I to my boy.  No one can tell what he desire the most, except his own.  My job as a mother is preparing the most possible ways for him and then telling what the respective consequences.  Since he can understand what I say, I let him choose his own way.  He is happy because he knows his mother let him go his own way while all his baby friends even some are one or couple years older still have to listen adults' instructions. I told he had to bear all the costs for each of his decision.  That's why he is seldom cry.  Every time he falling down, he then standing up and going on again.

I got the best mother.  And your kids also got their best mother.  I just come out to tell what I have passed through, felt and how to grow up as one of those insiders but not as a mother.  

Wish this could be help.

原文章由 talkymum 於 08-3-7 16:59 發表
我的兩個孩子初小已經評為資優生.當年佢地係被nominate入一個資優兒童研究.當年全港只有十多間小學加入資優教育計劃.做研究個教授nominate我d細路轉校.我思前想後無接受.唔想佢地做化學豬.資優兒童比較難同同輩相處.我當年 ...

38#
發表於 08-3-14 19:18 |只看該作者
benlee,

我既情況唔同.十多廿年前香港完全無資優教育.當年我的孩子參加的只是一項大學研究計劃.全港只有十多間小學參與.佢地無資優班.只是將資優生集中另外加一d trainings(類似課外活動).我大的孩子小時很孤僻.佢完全唔和其他孩子玩.佢好聰明.五歲已經打game過哂所有關.可以一個人將一套lego火車砌好.不過.佢一定只要自己做唔俾人其他人參與.一個這樣的孩子將來根本無可能容入社會.佢幼稚園同小學都好清楚佢好聰明.好多謝佢小學位訓導老師對佢特別照顧.如果當時同佢轉校係因為佢資優.唔肯定新的學校會否關顧佢性情.當年大家都未知資優生好多時性格比較特別.小的性格ok.不過唔想分開佢地.亦都無接受轉校.佢地留低的學校雖然無資優教育.不過會安排特別聰明的同學組成一些.e.g.數學.小組去discuss一d比正規課程深入的討論.佢地學校無俾壓力佢地.我覺得ok.

39#
發表於 08-3-15 23:18 |只看該作者
We all have to go on our way by own feet no matter wheather and whatever way we can choose.  Sometimes, people want to be alone and refuse to walk into crowd because they only want to find and join same typed people.  I have already spent too much time on searching my companies, even still today and future as long as I am still alive.Fortunately, we all got greatest mothers to love and be with us beside.  See, we look great!  So do all our kids, is it?  We all know we are mothers' most important persons in this world.  Cheers to our mothers and own since they and we haven't die by heart attack or crazy high blood pressure caused by super advanced monkeys is really a tough work!!!

原文章由 talkymum 於 08-3-14 19:18 發表
benlee,

我既情況唔同.十多廿年前香港完全無資優教育.當年我的孩子參加的只是一項大學研究計劃.全港只有十多間小學參與.佢地無資優班.只是將資優生集中另外加一d trainings(類似課外活動).我大的孩子小時很孤僻.佢完全唔和其 ...

40#
發表於 08-4-25 08:44 |只看該作者
benlee,
finally, we have the result from the New york city, department of health for Amanda's gifted and talented student score report.
Amanda's score is 99% and got the youth scholarship. she can go to the top 3 GAT school in manhattan from this september and free. those schools only accept the GAT score over 97%.
Over 47,000 children attend the exam this year and about 1500 student got over 97%.
Now, we can save the money for school as she got the scholarship. I bet, I will not able to sleep tonight.
her total OLSAT is 99% (otis-lennon school ability test), and BSRA (Bracken school readiness assessment) scores is 97% and the combined rank is 99%.
you are right, I should not "over" estimate her ability.
Now, she needs to go to school in Manhattan and we live in staten island.. I work in Brooklyn and my husband works in New Jersey.. we have to start to think about.. how to send Amanda to school..
Thanks for cheers me up the whole period here.. I am so glad to have a friend like you..
原文章由 benlee 於 08-3-15 10:18 AM 發表
We all have to go on our way by own feet no matter wheather and whatever way we can choose.  Sometimes, people want to be alone and refuse to walk into crowd because they only want to find and join sa ...

[ 本文章最後由 Nillie_Mami 於 08-4-24 19:45 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖