教育王國 討論區 國際學校 父母英文唔叻,咁有咩方法可以令BB英文好? ...
查看: 4501|回覆: 30
go

父母英文唔叻,咁有咩方法可以令BB英文好? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-9-4 18:51 |只看該作者

父母英文唔叻,咁有咩方法可以令BB英文好?

各位媽媽:

我BB係99揍,全家講中文,自己英文唔好同好多媽媽一樣都係一時中文夾D英文生字,而家BB係識D生字但唔識全句用英文講,(我其實教覺得好無聊)咁我下年送佢去SI好唔好?請問 SI 係咪無中文學?
照片 081
照片 100
picture[img align=right]http://photo.mybb.hk/albums/KiraKwok/MyBB_021.thumb.jpg[/img]

2#
發表於 06-9-16 12:55 |只看該作者

Re: 父母英文唔叻,咁有咩方法可以令BB英文好?

其實send bb去IS唔係唯一方法,
如果你的英文不好,
好多時自己也不能和老師溝通,
咁又點可以幫小朋友呢?
係!小朋友在IS讀好似英文好咗,
但係都只係一D simple english,
而且因為家長同學校沒有溝通,
不容易知道小朋友的進度
同你嘅預期係有差別,
但價錢就付出很多。
我的朋友英文也不好,
所以她找來一個chinese的英語會話老師,
她女女的spoken english很鬼妹的。

you can pm me if
you want more details

peppy

3#
發表於 06-9-16 22:32 |只看該作者

peggy:

我覺得你分析得好好,我忽略左與老師溝通既重要,唔該晒   
照片 081
照片 100
picture[img align=right]http://photo.mybb.hk/albums/KiraKwok/MyBB_021.thumb.jpg[/img]

4#
發表於 06-9-18 00:16 |只看該作者

Dear peppy,

Can u also pm to me coz I am also finding a teacher for my son to improve his oral Eng.

Thanks

5#
發表於 06-9-18 11:36 |只看該作者

Dear Peppy,

Could you also pm to me the info.??

Thanks!

Mickey

6#
發表於 06-9-19 18:09 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 06-9-19 19:26 |只看該作者

由 Peppy 於 2006-09-16 12:55:20

其實send bb去IS唔係唯一方法,
如果你的英文不好,
好多時自己也不能和老師溝通,
咁又點可以幫小朋友呢?
係!小朋友在IS讀好似英文好咗,
但係都只係一D simple english,

Peppy, you are so right, the kids just learn the "Simple English" from Int. School. My daughter's kinder teached dinosaur last year. I did not bother it at all. One day, we went to Ocean Park. My daughter told me which was the "entaceratops", "Stegosaur", "terosaur", "Tyrannosaurus" etc. And she also asked me about the  other kinds of dinosaur, which she did not know. As it was too simple, so I didn't know all of their name and how to pronounce them in English. I told her I can teach her in Chinese, but she was not interested. So I can only smile to her. Luckily, after the topic of dinosaur. They learnt about the universe. I am quite good about it. So I can discuss with her in English in this subject.

8#
發表於 06-9-19 23:01 |只看該作者

sorry,請問什麼是IS?>>

9#
發表於 06-9-19 23:10 |只看該作者

International Schools

10#
發表於 06-9-20 15:26 |只看該作者

slam30:

你意思係父母英文唔好,如果送仔女到IS既話自己既壓力都好大 & 仔女英文都唔係真係咁好?希望你可以比 D 意見我     

slam30 寫道:
Peppy, you are so right, the kids just learn the "Simple English" from Int. School. My daughter's kinder teached dinosaur last year. I did not bother it at all. One day, we went to Ocean Park. My daughter told me which was the "entaceratops", "Stegosaur", "terosaur", "Tyrannosaurus" etc. And she also asked me about the  other kinds of dinosaur, which she did not know. As it is too simple, so I don't know all of their name and how to pronounce them in English. I told her I can teach her in Chinese, but she was not interested. So I can only smile to her. Luckily, after the topic of dinosaur. They learnt about the universe. I am quite good about it. So I can discuss with her in English in this subject.

照片 081
照片 100

11#
發表於 06-9-20 15:55 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

12#
發表於 06-9-20 16:05 |只看該作者

去 is 讀, 仲要有心理準備有機會遇到 d 好鍾意窒人的家長.
課程深淺同語言又係另一回事.

13#
發表於 06-9-20 17:13 |只看該作者

zoehui2000,

Don't worry, even our english is not good ( as parents ). To sending the kid to Int. School, just like we immigrate to English Speaking Countries. The kids will find their way to learn the English from school. They will not rely on you as they know your mother language is not English. That is one of the reason I put my daughter into the Int. School.

14#
發表於 06-9-20 17:13 |只看該作者

不要在此sell 補習service 啦

If you check what peppy has written in various threads (by clicking the button "personal information" after her message), you will notice that she has been repeating the same story here and there: her friend's daughter got an excellent private tutor for oral English and if you were interested, you might contact her.... blah blah blah.

Nevertheless, it does not necessarily mean the private tutor mentioned is her herself.  If you believe her story, you may contact her.  However, I DON'T, and I would like to warn you that not everyone in the internet world is as sincere as you yourselves.  

15#
發表於 06-9-20 17:28 |只看該作者

你意思係父母英文唔好,如果送仔女到IS既話自己既壓力都好大

not only the communication between parents and schools, the communication between parents and children is also an issue.  If your children communicate with others, except you, in English and their favourite authors are JKRowling, Philip Pullman, Darren Shan, John Grisham, Michael Crichton, etc, it may be a problem for parents who speak broken English or have little exposure to western culture.  Of course, it may, or it may not.

16#
發表於 06-9-20 17:43 |只看該作者

snchiu 寫道:
你意思係父母英文唔好,如果送仔女到IS既話自己既壓力都好大

not only the communication between parents and schools, the communication between parents and children is also an issue.  If your children communicate with others, except you, in English and their favourite authors are JKRowling, Philip Pullman, Darren Shan, John Grisham, Michael Crichton, etc, it may be a problem for parents who speak broken English or have little exposure to western culture.  Of course, it may, or it may not.

Snchiu, you're right. I'm facing this problem now. The way I tackle it, is learn together with my daughter. Watch the same TV programs or movies with her.  Browse the internet together.

17#
發表於 06-9-20 21:46 |只看該作者

Chinese 的  English Oral Teacher 都不一定說Chinglish

Native Speaker 都不一定speak perfect English
Some Australian & New Zealander 的 accent 都不純正
People from UK might not be British
They could be Irish or Scottish which could pronounce duck as “duke”
Native speaker or not you won’t get the expected results
仲比人笑你講鄉下英文
唔係每個國內同胞都說標準普通話

You don’t have to study in IS to know the name of all the dinosaurs
唔通識得a for astronauts, b for bungalows, c for catastrophe 就係叻仔咩?

Yes IS students speaks with good accent and they speak fluently
但當小朋友漸漸長大,而又習慣了在一個外國人的環境,英文不叻的父母,又可以跟得上他的步伐嗎?
青春期的少男少女已經夠多問題,不用再加多一樣文化背景差異吧!
我眼見有些父母英文不叻,而他的小朋友即使在IS 讀書的,因為英文程度跟不上, 父母又無能力去幫,每星期都要在外面上額外的英文課,又或是學校每月多almost $2000 幫小朋友補習 (變相交多咗學費)
英文又唔見得會飛,中文又唔得,父母一定要保持 ’好’ 環境,如果唔係半路想轉返出來讀local, 就真係兩頭唔到岸。

我所refer 的老師,我覺得他真的教得唔錯
而且她只是想引度他的學生對英文 (reading & oral & writing)發生興趣。
當他覺得這個學生已經對英文發生濃厚興趣畤,而又可以自己掌握到,他會徹退。

我唔係response 咗好多條thread, (2 only)
BTW, she’s willing to give out trial before she really starts lesson
So the parents can judge themselves

Peppy

18#
發表於 06-9-21 00:22 |只看該作者

我好讚成!!   

19#
發表於 06-9-21 08:10 |只看該作者

As said by many IS parents before, studying in IS is not only for the purpose of learning native English, we treasure much more the multicultural and international environment, interactive teaching approach, the stimulation of creativity and self-motivation, development of independence and self-confidence, sense of responsibility to the community etc.

As parents, we have an open mind and attitude to other cultures to allow our kids studying in IS.  If just focus on learning better English, then a private native English teacher or ABC can help.

20#
發表於 06-9-21 08:33 |只看該作者

WYmom 寫道:
As said by many IS parents before, studying in IS is not only for the purpose of learning native English, we treasure much more the multicultural and international environment, interactive teaching approach, the stimulation of creativity and self-motivation, development of independence and self-confidence, sense of responsibility to the community etc.

As parents, we have an open mind and attitude to other cultures to allow our kids studying in IS.  If just focus on learning better English, then a private native English teacher or ABC can help.

WYmom,

Totally agreed with you. And there is no "feeding duck" in the IS too. For the parent, their English is not too good ( just like me ). Why not to learn with your kid, that is the bonus.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題