Any comments on Sunnyside Kindergarten [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-7-14 14:26 |只看該作者

Any comments on Sunnyside Kindergarten

pls share

2#
發表於 06-7-16 19:19 |只看該作者

Re: Any comments on Sunnyside Kindergarten

-This is a very good school.  My children like it very much and they like to go to school.  The teachers are friendly and love the children.
-It is a real English International school.  No other language can be learnt or should be used.
-For K1 and K2 almost all of them aim at going to ESF primary schools and most of them succeed.
-There is a church next to the school.  The children have concert on the stage twice a year.  It is a very good experience for them.
-The school fee is very reasonable comparing with other international school.
-The school is old and only has school bus services to some areas.

3#
發表於 06-7-18 18:13 |只看該作者

HI  lovelybabies,

Tks for your information.  I have some more questions, pls check pm.

4#
發表於 06-7-19 21:54 |只看該作者

A very good playgroup and kindergarten.
- teachers are patient and experienced
- teacher to student ratio is good: playgroup 1:8; kinder 1:10
- very reasonal school fees
- students have chances for performance to parents
- most students get into ESF
- campus has been renovated a little by getting the funds from donation and X'ams fair
I highly recommend this school if you plan your kid for Int'l school.

5#
發表於 06-7-20 14:30 |只看該作者

Do you know its website?  How can I apply 07 K1?

Any comments on YMCA, Starters, Smallworld and Sunnyside?

6#
發表於 06-7-24 10:38 |只看該作者

Hi Bow,

May i know that are they foreigner teachers in sunnyside kindergarten??? and how much is their school fee...thanks

7#
發表於 06-7-24 18:59 |只看該作者

Hi HelloKitty2003

Yes, they do have native speakers English teachers.  Actually students are only allowed to speak English in school.  

The supervisor of nursery is an Indian, however, she is native and very experienced in nursery teaching.  The supervisor of K1 is a Chinese (HK) and also native.  The K2 supervisor is British.  The Principal is also British and she holds library day for children.

The school fee I think now is about $2,000 / month.  So, is very reasonal.  However, only you plan your kids for Int'l primary schools, otherwise I don't suggest you send your kids there.

HelloKitty2003 寫道:
Hi Bow,

May i know that are they foreigner teachers in sunnyside kindergarten??? and how much is their school fee...thanks

8#
發表於 06-7-25 11:42 |只看該作者

Some infomation want to share. The supervisor for playgroup was already retired this year. The School free is $2,300/m. My twins love the playgroup very much and their daily art work in class is very good also. It is a very good school. You can contact the administrator Miss Jenny LAM for details she is very nice. My twins and I also miss the school.

9#
發表於 06-7-25 14:43 |只看該作者

Hello twinsdady,

Do you have their school website?  I want to apply for 2007 K1

Thanks

10#
發表於 06-7-25 22:21 |只看該作者

BieBieKei :

You can find the address and tel # as below,

Kowloon Union Church
Sunnyside Kindergarten and Playgroup
4, Jordan Road, Kowloon
Tel : 2722 6858 or 2311 9756
Fax : 2723 6575

11#
發表於 06-7-26 10:32 |只看該作者

Hi BieBieKei,

Sorry I don't know their WEB site, You can contact Miss Jenny LAM after the school holiday. Why you don't send your kid to attend the playgroup in the coming sep? It is a very good experience. Besides K1 and K2 would study in the same class room ,the same teaching method in ESF kinder.

12#
發表於 06-7-26 16:30 |只看該作者

Thanks.

Have you heard about Starters Int'l Kindergarten in Admirlty?  I am still thinking which kinder I should choose?

Does Sunnyside Kinder have interview for applicants?  When they normally start enrollment?

13#
發表於 06-7-27 12:50 |只看該作者

Sunnyside would accept the kid start from 2.4 yrs. old .First come first serve basic. No need to interview. If they have seat you can join. Their still have new student to join playgroup at may this year.

14#
發表於 06-7-27 14:33 |只看該作者

I think it is a good school too! My boys never resist to school.
It is English only kinder, students are very mixed, Japan, India, Taiwan, Hong Kong, I even seen an African too.

My boy joined the playgroups around Feb, and he didn’t sing much in the 1st concert. However during the 2nd concert held last month. There is 10 songs in total and he sing most of them!! That really surprises me. He also likes to make up short story and tell us in English!

I guess the teachers are putting a lot of effort! I am looking forward to K1 and K2, however they don’t have school bus to where I live.

15#
發表於 06-7-29 22:06 |只看該作者

Hi MarcusD,

I want to ask whether there is no chinese class for the student in this Kindergarten.

16#
發表於 06-7-30 12:13 |只看該作者

just wonder can the student in sunnyside kindergarden speak good english? Thanks

17#
發表於 06-8-1 13:26 |只看該作者

Anyone can reply. Thank you.

Carmen2004 寫道:
Hi MarcusD,

I want to ask whether there is no chinese class for the student in this Kindergarten.

18#
發表於 06-8-1 14:16 |只看該作者

It's an english international kinda, no chinese.

19#
發表於 06-8-1 15:09 |只看該作者

Just come back from camp and sorry for the late reply!

No, there is no Chinese class! But I am thinking to have a private tutor one class per week, etc! My boy speaks quite a lot of English, and he can transform single words to his own sentences! Although there is a lots mistake and sometimes mixed with Chinese. HA HA!

Honestly speaking my wife and I didn’t put a lot of time to teach him like reading together, listen to CD etc…(working parent is my excuse! TV box is another reason!) I guess the living environment is very important. If you want your little angel speaks good English / PTW try to provide her/ him a fun and happy atmosphere. They just learn them naturally. And don’t under estimate their learning abilities.

Regards

20#
發表於 06-8-7 12:06 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題