最重要的是新屋 在西區,學校在柴灣,
有沒有人能告訴我,除了校車,自己能坐
甚麼交通工具,要預多少時間回校呢?please help!!

carltonmama      
:wave: :hammer:

2#
發表於 05-7-20 02:33 |只看該作者

Re: 港大同學會,收了我仔仔 有事請教呀!

My son is also accepted in the waiting list but I've given up the registration as many friends adivise me this school is not well for the child's acadamics result comparing with other school. :( :(

3#
發表於 05-7-20 08:13 |只看該作者

dennis8188,

when did you give up the registration?
can you tell me what you know about the
school in more details?

4#
發表於 05-7-20 09:26 |只看該作者

The school held an orientation on 16/7, maybe quite a number of students did not show up, so they call the waiting list this week.

5#
發表於 05-7-20 09:41 |只看該作者

??? 沒反應??   

我現在幫仔仔轉校(他已有心理準備讀另一家學校)
我們也找好了新屋, 本來想就近入學的計劃將會變成
每天山長水遠的(因為租了屋,一年死約在身),
很buy學校的理念,但最近又看見有些不好的傳言,
想聽多些意見, 請幫忙!!感激!!

6#
發表於 05-7-20 09:45 |只看該作者

mrs_tom,

thanks! did you go there? an orientation for P1 parents?
What do you think ?(about the school)

7#
發表於 05-7-20 09:46 |只看該作者

Re: 鉹j同學會,收了我仔仔 有事請教呀!

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

8#
發表於 05-7-20 10:22 |只看該作者

H20

現租了西環第一街,選的學校是聖類斯, 教學語言也是
英文(英,科,數)和用普通話教中文,

現居已有家俬電器,很難在短時間內找到相約的屋子,

9#
發表於 05-7-20 10:28 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 05-7-20 10:55 |只看該作者

My son is now studying in HKUGA. I found it a very good school. I don't think the students are learning less. The school on one hand is adopting 活動教學while on the other hand, they have 3 assessments in one year. Students are happy, enjoy their school life and very active in learning.

However I think you should consider the travel time your son takes to school each day. It is really a bit too far and the child will feel exhausted. The first year work load is not much. So maybe you can just stay in western district for one year then move next year.

I do think it is a good school. For more comments, you may refer to one past topic here around May that a parent complaining about the school and how other parents responded.

寵辱不驚、閑看庭前花開花落。去留無意、漫隨天外雲巻雲舒

11#
發表於 05-7-20 10:56 |只看該作者

carltonmama,

我剛於7月16日去完新生家長會,校長、老師和領袖生都很落力,好presentable,比我的印像都幾好。

我近期在BK網上看見家長對這間學校頗多爭拗,亦有對此校不少負面意見,但我見很多意見都是說聽某朋友講,甚至話聽教统局裏面做的人或教育界的人講,但又唔見有港大同學會的家長出來分享一下學習情況。我上年這個時候見到有很多人和報章都讚這間學校,所以我在第一輪收左後就放棄了自行收生及統一派位,為甚麽現在又有這麼多負面意見?一年前後的評論有很大差別!

我個人覺得選這間學校最緊要是要認同它的教學理念,想小朋過六年開心的小學生涯及培養他們的自學能力,反而學術成績是其次。這間始終是新校,又採取活動教學,所以學術成績跟傳统名校相比,應該會差少少,但就學到其他課本上學不到的東西。

在新生家長會當日所知,學生除了可以學中、英、數、常四科外,還有其他單元在上課時間學習,可以學到台權道、游泳、音樂、樂器、戲劇、舞蹈、IT、Intergrated Arts等等,都算頗為多元智能。當日所見個個領袖生都很有禮懇、有自信和應對得體,這些都是書本上學不到的。而且學校亦很重視兩文三語,中文用普通話,有些老師是北京來的,英文多數是native speaker或外國讀書的老師。

校長又說學校很着重生命教育,同學都有很多服務社會的體驗。亦注重家校合作,很迎家長多參與家長義工及課堂助理,在當日學校已收到很多家長報名參加家長義工。我覺得選這間學校的家長都很關心小朋友,比較熱心。新校難免在行政、課程和教學上有不足之處,但如果學校透明度高,家校能溝通得好,應該會有很大的改善空間。

12#
發表於 05-7-20 11:11 |只看該作者

sisimummy,

你講得很對. 總之我個仔同佢D同學我未聽過有人不喜歡上學, 不喜歡做功課的. 你當它是一所INTERNATIIONAL SCHOOL 的話, 你就會覺得抵讀, 但它比INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL 強就是同時有一年三次評估(變相考試. 相信不少家長會喜歡這個.) :

13#
發表於 05-7-20 11:27 |只看該作者

14#
發表於 05-7-20 11:32 |只看該作者

carltonmama ,

Pls check PM.

15#
發表於 05-7-20 11:41 |只看該作者

如果只係上學開心,但係又學唔到野,是否要轉走?
一旦揀定就唔好"後悔".
打擊黑店click

16#
發表於 05-7-20 12:13 |只看該作者

dear all,

thanks for your advices.
I will discuss with my husband with
all these information.

thanks a lot!

carltonmama   

17#
發表於 05-7-20 13:24 |只看該作者

carltonmama, sisimummy & Sheenaho

Less input from hkuga parents may mean most of us do not agree with those unproved comments and do not want to involve in the provoked discussion. More than a half of comments are purely hearsay after all. Some say the academic result is not good, poor administration, high teacher turnover rate...... but when we come out to justify, people tend to think we are just taking sides with school and our wholehearted sharings would be thought as subjective judgement. So no bother to answer.

It is also not fair our school being compared with traditional school on academic result. The majority who send children to here are looking for another mode of education which is difference from traditional school. However if the comparison is inevitable, it appears that the assignment quality are beyond many local schools. As far as I know, every student is striving for the best in order to acquire " star of the week". I would say hkuga students have happy school life definite not because of less homework but is the way they can learn freely and happily. The school does pay attention to every student even she/he is ordinary and really cater to the needs of our children rather than cram text book knowledge into their little brain. The most important is that we do not need to worry about secondary school. I recently visited the site of hkuga college in Aberdeen. I can't help but to think how lucky my son will be able to study this secondary school.

carltonmama

Do not worry the transporation if you will let your child to take school bus. You may pm your location  and I will check the roughly time for the pick up.

18#
發表於 05-7-20 15:09 |只看該作者

Hello 各位HKUGA的家長
我都好讚同HKUGA的教學理念
亦希望小朋友開心學習
所以都預備同小朋友揀較活動的學校
想請教各位
除了HKUGA外,
還有不少教學理念差不多的
你們如何選擇呢?
可否分享HKUGA的優勝之處呢?

當然學費唔算貴梗係其中一個好處啦
桐桐於9月20日出世 歡迎參觀桐桐的網頁

19#
發表於 05-7-20 15:29 |只看該作者

hoeve,

Victoria English Primary School is another good choice (Project-based learning).

ChiChima33

20#
發表於 05-7-20 16:14 |只看該作者

savoy,

totally agree with you. My boy hated English lesson when he first entered P.1 because he could not understand what the teacher was saying. Now English lesson has become his most favourite lesson. I think the teachers, including other subjects, have done a lot to arouse their interests and initiatives of learning.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題