搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 邊間國際學校主打普通話&英文?
查看: 3676|回覆: 39
go

邊間國際學校主打普通話&英文? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-8-29 08:24 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
可以summarize 一下嗎?

冇外國passport,會試SIS,想知除左CIS 、HKIS、SIS 仲有咩學校可以報?

而家女女讀K1,thanks!!!

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 15-8-29 09:29 |只看該作者
回覆 Ern 的帖子

Most of the IS teach in English and Mandarin, the list above you have are all hard to get in I would say.

3#
發表於 15-8-29 09:39 |只看該作者
ISF

如有心入IS, 多考幾間, 這幾間都非常難入.  

4#
發表於 15-8-29 11:00 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 cnh0397 於 15-8-29 13:35 編輯

Canadian International School, Kiangsu Chekiang International Section, American International School, Kingston International School.  By the way, ISF is NOT an international school,  though it's a very good school with a very strong chinese program.

5#
發表於 15-8-29 13:23 |只看該作者
或者問問:

邊間國際學校唔係主打普通話&英文?

點評

jolalee  I was thinking of the same thing too!  發表於 15-8-30 21:58

6#
發表於 15-8-29 13:41 |只看該作者

引用:Canadian+International+School,+Kiangsu+C

原帖由 cnh0397 於 15-08-29 發表
本帖最後由 cnh0397 於 15-8-29 13:35 編輯

Canadian International School, Kiangsu Chekiang Internat ...
It's interesting how people still like to make this statement that ISF is not an international school - it is not classified as such according to the HK Government's classification because it doesn't comply with the requirement that it can only admit a certain maximum percentage of local students. The fact is that ISF received the Council of International Schools' accreditation in 2014 - not even CDNIS has managed to get this accreditation yet. So which one is the real international school?

7#
發表於 15-8-29 14:12 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 cnh0397 於 15-8-29 15:26 編輯

回覆 Atticus 的帖子

Ok chill….. My apology if my statement has offended anyone here.  That was the information given by the school a year or two ago when I went there for a school visit.  They specifically mentioned that their acceptance ratio must be 70% local and 30% foreigner / non-permanent residents according to the HK Government policy.  So as far as I understand, that means they are just an independent private school instead of an international school.    In addition, they were yet to be able to obtain the IB accreditation (IB PYP)  because the way how their programs were structured at the time.   Of course things might have changed since, so thanks for your clarification.  

8#
發表於 15-8-29 19:11 |只看該作者

引用:+本帖最後由+cnh0397+於+15-8-29+15:26+編

原帖由 cnh0397 於 15-08-29 發表
本帖最後由 cnh0397 於 15-8-29 15:26 編輯

回覆 Atticus 的帖子
我覺得International School從來的定義係學生來自世界各地,而不在於用甚麼課程,政府以此定義IS好合理,要一間學校有真正international特質,十分需要來自不同國家的人的互動,接觸到不同文化背景,並不是一個課程可以代替到。

International School 在世界各地存在了好幾十年,IB課只是近10年先流行。難道沒有IB前那些IS都不是IS嗎?

其實叫行IB的本地學校做Private Independence School都冇乜問題,呢個只是一間學校的類型,又不是一個貶義詞,不明白為甚麼有些人咁執著敏感,覺得如果別人話間學校不是IS, 就等於係貶低間學校 ……

點評

fatbboy    發表於 15-9-2 08:52
fatbboy    發表於 15-9-2 08:52
amd2  Well said  發表於 15-8-31 14:05
cnh0397  Well said.   發表於 15-8-30 11:12

9#
發表於 15-8-29 19:47 |只看該作者

回覆:邊間國際學校主打普通話&英文?

It's also curious why some people insist that ISF is not an international schools. Btw, isn't the Council of International Schools more authoritative than HKSAR in telling what an international school is.

10#
發表於 15-8-29 21:11 |只看該作者
回覆 NoahArk 的帖子

It is also quite interesting to see how they described themselves as Private Independent School too….

Sourced from their website :

"History[p=16, null, left]The Independent Schools Foundation was established in February 2000 as a registered charitable organization to provide diversity in choice of education for local students. In 2003, the Foundation established a non-profit, Private Independent School, The Independent Schools Foundation Academy (The ISF Academy), for Foundation Year to Grade 12 in order to cater to the increasing demand for the highest caliber Putonghua and English education in an inquiry-based learning environment."

Anyhoo, as the previous poster has mentioned, when I said it's not an international school I was by no means degrading the school.  

11#
發表於 15-8-29 21:45 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+cnh0397+於+15-08-29+發表本

原帖由 紅紅 於 15-08-29 發表
我覺得International School從來的定義係學生來自世界各地,而不在於用甚麼課程,政府以此定義IS好合理,要 ...
Well, I guess you will have to ask those people who made that statement in the first place - so why did they try to make that distinction? What were they trying to say? I don't have a problem with it at all if it was a true statement.

12#
發表於 15-8-29 22:09 |只看該作者

回覆:Atticus 的帖子

This is the info posted by the HK government. RC and DC are also private independent schools (i.e., not "international schools" according to some people) but I wonder why people don't bother to point out that RC and DC aren't international schools :

Private Independent Schools
International schools and Private Independent Schools (“PISs”) are both part of the private school sector. Most PISs offer non-local curriculum. While the policy objective, target students, and requirements applicable to PISs are different from those of international schools, some may consider them as alternatives to international schools.

The Government supports the development of PISs to foster the growth of a quality private school sector so to inject more diversity in the school system and to provide parents with more choices.  PISs serve primarily the demand for school places from local families seeking an alternative to public sector schools.  PISs are required to ensure that at least 70% of the student population are Hong Kong Permanent Residents.  Parents interested in sending their children to study in PISs may follow the links below and contact the individual schools direct.

Name of School        Location (District)        Level offered
Discovery College        Discovery Bay (Islands)        primary, secondary
The Independent Schools Foundation Academy        Pok Fu Lam (Southern)        primary, secondary
International Christian School        Shek Mun (Sha Tin)        primary, secondary
Po Leung Kuk Choi Kai Yau School        Caldecott Road (Shamshuipo)        primary, secondary
Renaissance College        Ma On Shan (Sha Tin)        primary, secondary
Victoria Shanghai Academy        Aberdeen (Southern)        primary, secondary
Yew Chung International School - Secondary        Kowloon Tong (Kowloon City)        secondary

13#
發表於 15-8-29 22:14 |只看該作者

回覆:邊間國際學校主打普通話&英文?

Big trees catch more wind.

14#
發表於 15-8-29 22:43 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+紅紅+於+15-08-29+發表我覺得

原帖由 Atticus 於 15-08-29 發表
Well, I guess you will have to ask those people who made that statement in the first place - so why  ...
In this thread, I saw one said: "ISF is NOT an international school, though it's a very good school with a very strong chinese program."

To me, this is a very positive comment about the school as it is, regardless what type of school it is being classified. The classification of the school is a fact, an ojective observation, not a subjective comment.

15#
發表於 15-8-29 22:52 |只看該作者

引用:Big+trees+catch+more+wind. +

原帖由 NoahArk 於 15-08-29 發表
Big trees catch more wind.
只是說不是IS, 但是一間很好的學校,也能令人認為樹大招風!未免太高估IS這類別吧!一話不是IS就認為別人貶低學校?即是IS特別高尚嗎?IS只是一個類別,不是對學校質素的評價!別人已經說it is a very good school, 這才是對學校真正評價!

16#
發表於 15-8-30 00:39 |只看該作者
紅紅 發表於 15-8-29 22:43
In this thread, I saw one said: "ISF is NOT an international school, though it's a very good school  ...
Huh?  Did I miss something?  I only said ISF received the Council of International Schools' accreditation, so it is officially an international school.  Is that an objective or subjective statement?  Oh well, I'm lost.

17#
發表於 15-8-30 00:57 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+NoahArk+於+15-08-29+發表Big

原帖由 紅紅 於 15-08-29 發表
只是說不是IS, 但是一間很好的學校,也能令人認為樹大招風!未免太高估IS這類別吧!一話不是IS就認為別人貶 ...
人家只是寫了一句「樹大招風」,又沒有得罪你,你還不是一樣忍不住出手長篇大論教訓人?既然那麼有智慧,便不要跟我們一般見識了!

18#
發表於 15-8-30 01:59 |只看該作者

引用:可以summarize+一下嗎? 冇外國passport,

原帖由 Ern 於 15-08-29 發表
可以summarize 一下嗎?

冇外國passport,會試SIS,想知除左CIS 、HKIS、SIS 仲有咩學校可以報?
多謝咁多位嘅回覆

19#
發表於 15-8-30 11:02 |只看該作者
回覆 Atticus 的帖子

I still don't see how the statement is false.  Once again, the information was given by the school during my visit.  They didn't regard themselves as an international school but a private independent school with an international perspective.  They made that clear during the information session.
In regards to the CIS accreditation, for those  who thinks receiving the accreditation from this organization means the school is being classified as an international school should read more about this organization and what the accreditation is for before jumping to the conclusion.

20#
發表於 15-8-30 12:53 |只看該作者
cnh0397 發表於 15-8-30 11:02
回覆 Atticus 的帖子

I still don't see how the statement is false.  Once again, the information was  ...
Please do enlighten us what was the point that you were trying to make when you wrote "By the way, ISF is NOT an international school"? and what exactly does the CIS accreditation mean then?  Thanks.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題