搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 YMCA Intl Kindergarten in TST
查看: 8015|回覆: 46
go

YMCA Intl Kindergarten in TST [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-3-24 15:31 |只看該作者

YMCA Intl Kindergarten in TST

Hi, I am a new member. I am thinking of sending my girl to YMCA in TST, cause amongst all the international kindergartens, this is the cheapest one, and that I can afford, most teachers are native English speakers, the location is good.....if you have heard any good or bad comments, would love to hear.
Thanks a lot.  

2#
發表於 05-3-24 16:41 |只看該作者

Re: YMCA Intl Kindergarten in TST

what are their tution fees ?

3#
發表於 05-3-24 17:22 |只看該作者

i think they are $3700 per month for half day and $6400 for whole day

4#
發表於 05-3-25 10:34 |只看該作者

Kowloon Baptist Church Kindergarten is only $2,200 per month and Sunny Hill is about the same. If you talk about good value for money, these two international kinders are top choices.
wbmom

5#
發表於 05-3-25 18:03 |只看該作者

according to your info KBCK and Sunny Hill are a lot cheaper compared to YMCA
I will surely check them out
do you know if their teachers there are all native English speakers (westerners)
I've heard they are all westerners in YMCA and English is the only medium of instruction
anyway, thanks for your useful info

6#
發表於 05-3-26 12:57 |只看該作者

In KCBK, They are all native speaker, some of the teachers may look Chinese or in fact Chinese but they are ABC or BBC, they don't speak Chinese. This is a truly international kinder. My son has studied there and children son't speak Chinese among each other.

7#
發表於 05-3-26 15:41 |只看該作者

hey, thanks again for your useful info and  your experience, I now have more choices and that could save me a lot of money too

8#
發表於 05-3-26 17:59 |只看該作者

My daugher is now studying in YMCA K2, she is very happy and chatty in English.  The teachers are very good and English native speaking.  They use Letterland and Jolly phonics, learning centres (no need to sit down on chairs, no homework), gym, library to learn.  They can learn more interesting things like making cookies, the prince of egyht, global issue.  They can speak English well because the vobulary is much more.  A gurantee happy childhood, learning through playing, develop interest in reading, asking question, observation and cheerful personality.

But, they may not know Chinese words, and hard to teach them at home.  Some of them do not speak Chinese at all (they are Chinese).  And, no gurantee a place in ESF, and is not easy to apply local primary school.

Despite of all that, I will send my younger son to YMCA too.  For me, personality, creativity, reading habit are more superior to writing Chinese words.  YMCA treats each of them special individual.

Angel

9#
發表於 05-3-27 17:04 |只看該作者

I think YMCA is good too, but sometimes there are other considerations, eg. distance, budget etc. Not everyone can afford to send their kids to their ideal school, especially if you have more than 1 kid.

Facility-wise, KBCK is a bit old but I still think it's the best value for money int'l kinder.

10#
發表於 05-3-30 11:24 |只看該作者

Where is Sunny Hill?

11#
發表於 05-3-31 16:39 |只看該作者

Hi all, I want to know where is KBCK..??  Thanx~~

12#
發表於 05-3-31 18:15 |只看該作者

Me too, I want to know as well....both sunny hill and KBCK, thanks~

13#
發表於 05-4-7 18:41 |只看該作者

Hi, moms
May I have the web-site of KBCK and sunny hill?  Which is good compared with ESF kinder?
Thanks!
ramami

14#
發表於 05-4-8 10:11 |只看該作者

Hi Poon_Bear & Bernice,
KBCK is located inside Kowloon International Baptist Church at 300 Junction Road which is quite close to the Baptist Hospital.  They don't have a website but you can visit the website of the church where they have posted an ad for the recruitment of the principal for the kindie:

KBCK

About Sunny Hill, I'm not sure whether you mean Sunnyside.  Sunnyside doesn't have a website either.

ramami,
I don't know how KBCK compare with ESF Kindie.  I only know that lots of students from KBCK are also accepted by ESF primary.  My child is accepted by both YMCA and KBCK but I still haven't made up my mind which one to choose.

15#
發表於 05-4-13 23:47 |只看該作者

angelcham,

May I know which schools will be your target primary schools? Thanks for sharing.

angelcham 寫道:

Despite of all that, I will send my younger son to YMCA too.  For me, personality, creativity, reading habit are more superior to writing Chinese words.  YMCA treats each of them special individual.

Angel

16#
發表於 05-4-21 13:48 |只看該作者

May I know where is Sunny hill Kindergarten
I'm a new commer and don't even heard this before.
桐桐於9月20日出世 歡迎參觀桐桐的網頁

17#
發表於 05-4-21 17:14 |只看該作者

hoeve:
Sunny side Kindergarten - No.4 Jordan Road

18#
發表於 05-4-26 18:28 |只看該作者

My daughter, Michelle, will go to Phoneix in coming September (not my first priority, but I am happy too).  I think my son will follow the same path.

My niece goes to St Cathrine, she speaks and writes Chinese very well.  But she needs to have private English Oral lesson, phonics, and Maths (hard life!!!).

Michelle can afford to go GYM, ice skating, artwork, science and ballet.  She enjoys reading and music, watching cartoon, puzzle and outdoor activities.  For me, education is life-long ...kindergarten should only learn how to take care themselves, play well with their mates and most importantly develop their personality.

Angel Cham

19#
發表於 05-4-27 00:08 |只看該作者

jujuy 寫道:
hoeve:
Sunny side Kindergarten - No.4 Jordan Road

THANKS
Do you know about this school? Is it 'good'?
桐桐於9月20日出世 歡迎參觀桐桐的網頁

20#
發表於 05-4-27 08:13 |只看該作者

Next week, I'll have an appointment with the principal of YMCA International Kindergarten. Is the interview easy? My son is truly bilingual but he can speak English well (good enough to convey his ideas). How should I get my son to be prepared for the interview? Please advise.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖