用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 瑪利曼小學 Vs 聖士提反女子小學 (請指教) ...
查看: 8065|回覆: 24
go

瑪利曼小學 Vs 聖士提反女子小學 (請指教) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-12 10:06 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印

因要預早計劃搬家問題,可否指教瑪利曼小學Vs聖士提反女子小學;兩間也喜歡!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-12 10:48 |只看該作者
I perfer 瑪利曼小學, English primary girl school.

聖士提反女子小學 is a Chinese primary girl school.

原帖由 rtam 於 09-12-12 10:06 發表

因要預早計劃搬家問題,可否指教瑪利曼小學Vs聖士提反女子小學;兩間也喜歡!

3#
發表於 09-12-12 12:54 |只看該作者
This is true.

But the result is that the competition for Marymount is even more keen than that for St. Stephen Girls.

Are you Catholic or SKH christian?  That will count too during stage 1 of the primary school allocation, in addition to the district-based stage 2.

原帖由 Jack0128 於 09-12-12 10:48 發表
I perfer 瑪利曼小學http://ads.baby-kingdom.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=37&bannerid=85&cb=11224468&n=a136fd08, English primary girl school.

4#
發表於 09-12-12 13:06 |只看該作者
I prefer English-medium instruction (EMI) school too.  But the percentage of admission to MM Secondary is only 60%; whereas ST girls' secondary school is much higher.  That's what I heard.

原帖由 Jack0128 於 09-12-12 10:48 發表
I perfer 瑪利曼小學http://ads.baby-kingdom.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=37&bannerid=85&cb=11224468&n=a136fd08, English primary girl school.

5#
發表於 09-12-12 13:48 |只看該作者
There is no need to be too obsessed with English-medium instruction school at the primary school stage.
St Paul Co-ed is a Chinese-medium instruction school but I can ensure you that their English standard is just as good as that of Marymount, if not better.

6#
發表於 09-12-12 14:15 |只看該作者
ST Girls歷史悠久,校風好,我不明何以歡迎程度稍遜,可能單是CMI原故。兩間成績可能差不多。

原帖由 kermitan 於 09-12-12 12:54 發表
This is true.

But the result is that the competition for Marymount is even more keen than that for St. Stephen Girls.

Are you Catholic or SKH christian?  That will count too during stage 1 of the pr ...

7#
發表於 09-12-12 18:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 mow-mow 於 09-12-12 13:48 發表
There is no need to be too obsessed with English-medium instruction school at the primary school stage.
St Paul Co-ed is a Chinese-medium instruction school but I can ensure you that their English sta ...

I agreed very much that we don't need to be obsessed with english as teaching medium.  In my days, st. stephen girl was definitely having better academic results and was more reputable than Marymount.  Marymount was said to be not as good as Maryknoll, when talking about its secondary school, girls from st. stephen girls, st. paul's sec are not less competent than Marymount either.  So I don't quite understand why so many ppl "crazy" about Marymount except that it is an english school.

To choose between two, think of it not a single decision but tactics:  which religion you're with (For st. stephen, they only accept SKH baptism), where do you live, any other second choice school in that area.

8#
發表於 09-12-12 23:03 |只看該作者
When you consider whether Marymount or St. Stephen Girls' is better, I think you need to compare them from different areas.

Marymount : Really keen competition. Even that you are so lucky and blessed to get an offer, you daughter has to face very keen competition in the school. Marymount girls are very ambitious.

Marymount provides all-rounded education. Girls are very confident, smart, outgoing and outstanding.

Marymount has an excellent secondary back-up. I don't think Maryknoll is better than Marymount. If you compare their academic performance and other extra-curricular performances, I think Marymount is slightly better.

St. Stephen Girls' : mildly keen competition. Might be easier to get in. It is a Chinese primary school, girls are less ambitious, but your daughter still has to face competition.

St. Stephen Girls' focus more on academic performance, their girls are well behaved, realistic and quite shinny.

St. Stephen Girls' College is a good back-up. Also focus more on academic performance. If you want your daughter to be a more realisitc one, I think St. Stephen Girls' is suitable.

All in all, I think both schools are good, but they have different style. You have to consider their own strengths and weaknesses and think which one suits your daughter best!

[ 本帖最後由 season_sincere 於 09-12-12 23:07 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 09-12-12 23:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 season_sincere 於 09-12-12 23:03 發表
When you consider whether Marymount or St. Stephen Girls' is better, I think you need to compare them from different areas.

Marymount : Really keen competition. Even that you are so lucky and blessed ...

I admit that Marymount may be more all rounded, but for academics, I don't think it's practicularly outstanding among Maryknoll, St. paul's sec, St. Stephen girls.  When comparing average results, Maryknoll, Belilios, st. paul's sec are better.  But I would say in practical approach, you may perceive their results are on par, i.e. insignificantly different.  So this should not affect your decision.  The marymount students I met are pleasant, and relatively more active, but I wouldn't comment they're particularly outstanding.  Girls from st. pauls' sec and st. stephen girls that I met are modest and well behaved.  Outstanding girls could be found in every good schools, but I wouldn't say this school has in average more students who're outstanding.

Again, in my humble opinion, a parent has to be tactful, not blindly follow majority ppl.  Marymount has fierce competition, so for a safety bat, you may consider schools that're equivalently good but of less competition to get a higher chance of admission.  All these gov't aided schools are more or less the traditional style of teaching.

[ 本帖最後由 daisy17772 於 09-12-12 23:56 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 09-12-13 00:51 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

11#
發表於 09-12-13 00:58 |只看該作者
Thanks very much daisy and season.  

Daisy,

I agree with your POV of those girls' schools.  In fact, academic performance is not my major concern (of course, I do target those schools with high banding and reputation).  What I also care is the school culture, e.g. relationship among students or between teachers and students... I do hope that my girl will enjoy the school life, it's talking about 12 years long.  I heard some other parents blame that their children in SP sec / SH are not so happy because they are under great pressure on all the assessments.

原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-12-12 23:49 發表

I admit that Marymount may be more all rounded, but for academics, I don't think it's practicularly outstanding among Maryknoll, St. paul's sec, St. Stephen girls.  When comparing average results, M ...

12#
發表於 09-12-13 12:11 |只看該作者
I personally think that Marymount has good academic performance in average. When you compare their HKCEE results with BPS, DGS, Marymount has similar or less the same results than them. For St. Paul's Sec, I don't think they have even a better results than Marymount.

Girls in Marymount have a happy school life, but I heard from my friends that , they have lots of pressure too. However, I don't think you can rank those schools in terms of 'pressure' their students have.

And, I think why Marymount could fascinate many people, is mainly beacuse of their beautiful campus, long historical background and good reputation.

I want my girl to be a smart one, with all-rounded development, but not only with good academic results (cause that may not be useful in their future career). Though the competition is too keen, congratulations to you if you can get any of these offers!!!

ENVY YOU~

13#
發表於 09-12-14 00:07 |只看該作者
對,你提醒了我... 我每次路經MM Campus,會深受其
優越地段及貴族風格之校舍所吸 引,自然有種感覺會認為自己的女兒會在那裡讀得開心讀得叻,一下子忘了升中會西走好多同學的壓力.
反看St. Stephen's Girls',中學收足人,Alumni名人多,但歡迎程度仍稍低,恐怕是地段僻,學校低調,CMI,近年成績亦有跌所至.
原帖由 ukodelechan 於 09-12-13 12:11 發表
I personally think that Marymount has good academic performance in average. When you compare their HKCEE results with BPS, DGS, Marymount has similar or less the same results than them. For St. Paul's ...

[ 本帖最後由 rtam 於 09-12-14 09:06 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 09-12-14 01:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 rtam 於 09-12-14 00:07 發表
對,你提醒了我... 我每次路經MM Campus,會深受其
優越地段及貴族風格之校舍所  引,自然有種感覺會認為自己的女兒會在那裡讀得開心讀得叻,一下子忘了升中會西走好多同學的壓力.
反看ST'S GIRLS',中學收足人,Alumni名 ...

Please don't think that it's easy to get in St. Stephen's Girls. Many kids with 20 marks could not get in the primary this year. The competition is really keen.

[ 本帖最後由 小豬脾 於 09-12-14 01:31 編輯 ]

15#
發表於 09-12-14 09:55 |只看該作者

16#
發表於 09-12-14 10:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 小豬脾 於 09-12-14 01:29 發表

Please don't think that it's easy to get in St. Stephen's Girls. Many kids with 20 marks could not get in the primary this year. The competition is really keen.

今日減左班關係,傳聞前年有人15分到,亦當然唔係多數

17#
發表於 09-12-14 11:38 |只看該作者
Marymount was said to be not as good as Maryknoll /....that is true (because Marymount was merged out from Maryknoll many years ago)

BPS, DGS, Marymount has similar or less the same results than them.

i don't think so.....BPS and DGS, SP co-ed are the top ranking

Marrymount just around top-mid.

you can check other forums in BK. The Chance to get into BPS is very very slim

醒目開學勳章

18#
發表於 09-12-14 12:23 |只看該作者
St Stephen今年小一已經係小班教學, 但係加多咗一班, 所以學生人數仲多咗少少.  而今年小一學生, 一般都係出生率最低的2003年出世. 位多咗人少咗, 可能因而競爭相對比之前低少少.

咁講, Marymount的宗教分, 只要係天主教徒都可得, 要有20分相對無咁難; St Stephen的宗教分, 一定要係聖公會教友先攞到, 其他基督徒都無分, 相對要有20分無咁易, 咁有得20分係手, 入到的機會都比較大. 不過今年好多20分都唔得.

如果樓主係乜野宗教分舊生分都無, 淨係靠搬屋望第二輪抽入去, 咁一定要睇埋同區放第二/三/四/五....志願的學校,係咪心水小學. 因為呢兩間都係區內大熱學校, 大抽獎被派到後幾個志願, 機會都唔細.

不過睇樓主後來的posts, 都係鍾情英文小學, 咁其實都唔駛十五十六啦.

原帖由 Sindy 於 09-12-14 10:38 發表
今日減左班關係,傳聞前年有人15分到,亦當然唔係多數

19#
發表於 09-12-14 12:36 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 09-12-14 18:33 |只看該作者
"Marymount was said to be not as good as Maryknoll /....that is true (because Marymount was merged out from Maryknoll many years ago)"

I think Maryknoll was not really as good as Marymount woh. Please ask those parents and do some research before hand. As academic performance of Maryknoll drops a lot and the manner of the girls are quite poor( I mean some of them) The atmosphere is not that good !!!

Also, you cannot say Maryknoll is better than Marymount just because Marymount was merged out from Maryknoll many years ago. St. Paul's Co-ed was actually merged out from St. Paul's College before. But I think they both sound great. That cannot be one of the reasons.

"BPS, DGS, Marymount has similar or less the same results than them. i don't think so.....BPS and DGS, SP co-ed are the top ranking. Marrymount just around top-mid.You can check other forums in BK. The Chance to get into BPS is very very slim."

Please check the official results from their school websites. I just think that some of the forum are biased and not trustworthy.

Let me clarify that I am not trying to be offentic to anyone's comments. I just want to give my own opinions and make sure all information are neutral and critical.

Once again, both schools are good and of high ranking. Maybe different people see them in a different perspective and will eventually rank them in a different position. You really have to find out which one best fits your daughter!

[ 本帖最後由 ukodelechan 於 09-12-14 20:37 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖