搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 HKUGA 面試
查看: 9214|回覆: 57
go

HKUGA 面試 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-10-2 20:34 |只看該作者

HKUGA 面試

請問今日有無家長已去HKUGA面試呀, 我仔仔10月9日去面試, 可否分享一 下?

KCK   

2#
發表於 04-10-2 23:15 |只看該作者

Re: HKUGA 面試

hi kck,

wu u tell me what is yr application nr? we also hv interview on that day!  tks.

3#
發表於 04-10-3 20:31 |只看該作者

We went to the interview today (3/10) from 2:15 - 4pm.  It started with a short briefing (about 10 mins) and the kids were led to the "playing rooms" in groups (total 6 groups) about 10 in each.  And the parents were led to the open ground on 2/F and watched a VCD about the school mission, opening ceremony, etc. while the children were being assessed separately.  Then followed by the individual interviews with parents (about 5 mins).

I asked my girl what they were doing in the playing room and she said they started with drawing (a gift you want to give to someone you like most).  And she was called by name and answered some questions (in both English & Chinese) individually. She seemed to enjoy it and no pressure.

During the individual interview, the teacher asked my girl to explain the picture she drew earlier and a couple questions on what she enjoys most doing at school/ home/ with whom, etc.  She also asked my girl to tell her a story that she likes most.  The whole session finished in about 5 mins.  Then you can go after that.  

The above happened this afternoon.  Hope it is helpful to the others attending interviews next week.

No special hints.  I have the feeling that they prefer outgoing kids.  Remember to SMILE!!!

I was most impressed with their students as most of them were very confident, smart and full of initiatives.  

4#
發表於 04-10-3 21:40 |只看該作者

小女昨天面試,前後近四個鐘,見校長兩分鐘,一個不太令人開心的經驗 (我並沒有早到).

5#
發表於 04-10-3 21:53 |只看該作者

my kid also go to interview today, but i feel very unhappy about the arrangment, because   we nearly wait 1 hour(actually need to go 3:15 and then need towait 2 hours and we can met the headmaster) after my kid finish the assessment, i don't think so this is the good arrangment at all,
i think even they offer a seat to my kid , i  must not consider about  it

6#
發表於 04-10-3 22:27 |只看該作者

My son went today too and his session was 09:00am. It went smoothly and finished around 10:30am. 2 teachers were met with us but my son was .....too bad.

7#
發表於 04-10-3 22:27 |只看該作者

My son went today too and his session was 09:00am. It went smoothly and finished around 10:30am. 2 teachers were met with us but my son was .....too bad.

8#
發表於 04-10-3 23:14 |只看該作者

My kid was interviewed today. Very disappointed. We spent 3 hours there and not even have the chance to meet the principal. We only got less than 2 mins time to meet an old lady who was told to be the 校監 after waiting for nearly 2 hours (after the kid's group activities).

This 校監 seem to be very 敷衍, just asked my kid's name, what she liked to do, who she liked to play with, description of the picture she drew in group activities, and no more. No further questions to lead my kid to say more or showed no intention to know more about the kid or the parents. Our application profile was on the table but I don't think she had gone thru it. My husband and I not even have the chance to say a word or ask a question. She already sent us away. May be she is too tired after one day's interview as we were almost the last few in the day. If your interview is done by the principal, it may be better.

My kid is also not in the mood as she has been waiting for a long time and complained that she's very hungry and tired. Don't know what to say, just very disappointed as it used to be my favourite school before the interview.  :cry:  

9#
發表於 04-10-3 23:51 |只看該作者

The group and face to face interview is similiar to that of mentioned by other parents and we also think it is not a good arrangement today becasue we also waited for too long time, but we are very happy in this interview becasue the principal told us our son is very good performance in group interview and almost got full mark. Also told us our child is very good manner, concentration, patient and willing to share something with other kids. We are very happy to be told that result. Anyway, we look forward to hearing a good news by receiving formal acceptance letter.

Good Luck!

10#
發表於 04-10-4 01:25 |只看該作者

KCK

You are very lucky because we were not met by the Principal, but the "old lady" who was not very attentive and asked very few questions.  And of course no feedback at all from the playing session.  So I have no clue at all of my girl's chance if she will be accepted.

I am surprised that some parents complained about the arrangement as mine which started at 2:15 sharp was quite smooth and we managed to finish everything and left before 4pm as scheduled.  I wonder how many sessions were there?

According to your description of the Principal's comments, I think your son stands a high chance of being accepted.  Congratulations.  Did she say when the result will be announced?

Thanks.

11#
發表於 04-10-4 11:39 |只看該作者

Hi tom4kids,

My son also attend the 09h00 session on yesterday and what's your group no ? Mine is H5.

when the interview with the teacher, he didn't talk much. His father is so disappointed, for me, as I didn't have any expectations from him, so there is not much unhappyiness.

12#
發表於 04-10-4 11:43 |只看該作者

We have also finish the interview on last Sat ( Oct 2) at 11:30am- 1:00pm.  but also felt wait too long la.

I had checked with school for this morning.  They will send the confirmation letter start on Oct 15.  we can receive the result within this month.

我有兩個女 大女Vanessa好生性 細女Venus好生肉

13#
發表於 04-10-4 11:45 |只看該作者

Hi tom4kids,

My son also attend the 09h00 session on yesterday and what's your group no ? Mine is H5.

when the interview with the teacher, he didn't talk much. His father is so disappointed, for me, as I didn't have any expectations from him, so there is not much unhappyiness.

14#
發表於 04-10-4 12:10 |只看該作者

AQMum:
totally agree, we also met the "old  lady"
didima

15#
發表於 04-10-4 12:35 |只看該作者

Hi AQMum,
I also felt 校監 seem to be very 敷衍.  Same question for my kid.  Ok la,  just wait the result. No other thing to do.  

rmvv888.

16#
發表於 04-10-4 12:36 |只看該作者

Dear All :

Is there is any free play in the interview ?
Do the child need to do the puzzle and drawings on own ?
Do they need to co-operate with others ?

17#
發表於 04-10-4 12:52 |只看該作者

Hei0101,
Your child only need to drawing & playing with around 6 children per group.

No pressure for your child & he will feel happy.

18#
發表於 04-10-4 14:08 |只看該作者

my boy was interviewed yestereday together with other classmates but of different groups

maybe we are in the morning session, quite good time management

we were interviewed by 陳校監, the only words we've said "早晨" & "再見", she didn't talk to us, just asked my "what's your name", "who took this photo for you", "what you like to play", took out the drawing he just finished and asked "what's it", "who you want to give", "why" ...

since so many questions and we couldn't say anything/push my boy to answer, my boy showed no more patient and turned his face around and refuse to answer anymore
then our conversation, NO, I can only say, the interview between  陳校監 and my boy finished

dear parents, take it easy as the school hunts for kids that suitable for their theme

BTW, congradulation to the parents that the principal tells you so much

該用戶已被刪除

19#
發表於 04-10-4 15:09 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

20#
發表於 04-10-4 17:50 |只看該作者

KCK,

Congratulations that your son has got such good comments!

Do you mind telling me why your son have such good manners, patience, can concentrate and willing to share with other kids? Do you think it is his born personality? Or is he influenced by the family, i.e. parents, brothers and sisters? Have you spent a lot of time to teach him at home yourself? Most grateful if you can share your experience?

Thanks very much!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題