搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 有無人miss咗小拔入學申請
查看: 8465|回覆: 35
go

有無人miss咗小拔入學申請 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-4-22 23:11 |只看該作者

有無人miss咗小拔入學申請

I am very depressed that I missed the application for the admission of Primary 2 for my son.  ( I found the wrong application details of Form 2)  I called up to the school but answered that they don't accept any application now.  I feel very very disappointed because I really want to try even the result may be not accepted.    I heard that they received only a thousand of applicants.  It is less than my expected.
Is anyone downloaded the application form that can send it to me?   I want to try to hand it to the seminar in this coming Saturday.    Please help!

2#
發表於 04-4-22 23:19 |只看該作者

Re: 有無人miss咗小拔入學申請

Just for curiosity, are 1,000 applicants only for P.2 or all classes from P2. to P.6??

3#
發表於 04-4-22 23:27 |只看該作者

A thousand for P.2-P6.   Around 300 for P2.

4#
發表於 04-4-22 23:39 |只看該作者

Wow, the number is really unexpected.  Can anybody explain this??

5#
發表於 04-4-23 08:19 |只看該作者

Anyone know the website of 小拔?

6#
發表於 04-4-23 09:31 |只看該作者

Re: 有無人miss

DBS Primary Division

7#
發表於 04-4-23 09:58 |只看該作者

I have the application form.  Please call me up. check your PM.
該用戶已被刪除

8#
發表於 04-4-23 10:13 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
該用戶已被刪除

9#
發表於 04-4-23 10:45 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 04-4-23 11:03 |只看該作者

In fact, on the day of application, the one sitting next to me is just coming from La Salle.  I know that simply because I saw the mother taking out Awards offered by La Salle.  Another one in front of me is coming from top private primary school SFC.

I think one of the reasons for the relatively low response is due to the lack of promotion and advertisement.  Unlike P.1 admission, where everyone would be aware of the application dates, P2-P6 parents may not be aware of dates, only those very anxious ones will do.

Besides, the P2-P6 admission would be more objective than the P1.  Applicants need to sit for written examinations, show their school reports and awards for music and sports achievements.  You really have to show your "實力".  Students who do not have good reports/awards may dare not try.
But for P1, the emphasis is on interview performance as most kindergartens do not have reports that have marks and ranking and most kids are yet to have any achievement/awards in music/sport, the asssessment can only rely on subjective interview which seems everyone would have a chance.

I don't think those " 超實力" can choose La Salle without difficulty.  Most of them entered by lucky draw.  There is no question of "實力”.
該用戶已被刪除

11#
發表於 04-4-23 11:22 |只看該作者

12#
發表於 04-4-23 11:40 |只看該作者

As I know, DPS promise their P1 students (04/05 term,) to enter into DBS under the existing structure.

The existing structure is about 85% student will be accepted directly. While the rest may still join the CPA. The also provide a 3rd round exam for the remainings. So there is no reason for them to apply DBSPD.

I know the dead line and didn't miss it. But I finally didn't submit the form after I saw the last two page of application form. Nothing could be filled. Swimming, no open competition prize. Music, only grade 2 in piano, while many of my son's classmate will take grade 3 or 4 this year, but two kind of instruments, mainly piano and violin!!

But I feel regret now when I know one will be selected out of three   
該用戶已被刪除

13#
發表於 04-4-23 11:54 |只看該作者

14#
發表於 04-4-23 20:09 |只看該作者

Philipwhau,

I don't agree to your opinion that most candidates  come from Band 2 students. At least my friend's kid who studies in La Salle also applies to DBSPD. No doubt, the admission progress of DBSPD is very objective to show the competence of the kids in all-around aspects by objective written tests and aptitude tests. Above all, DSS school is not by luck or by marks allocation system.

In another case, my friend who have prepared his kid to prepare for the test of DBSPD with the following attributes:
Three awards in School Music Festival including two champions in the string instrument.
Silver Medal in Table Tennis by HKTTA;
Ability to swim in 37 seconds in 50m freestyle;
Wei's IQ Test report scored 128;
Cambridge Flyer with 14 stars;
Seven in form in a private school in P4.

Most candidates' parents are serious and their kids are top performers. They have well prepared for the test of DBSPD. They cannot admit to most non-DSS pretigious school simply due to the present admission system of subsidized schools.

該用戶已被刪除

15#
發表於 04-4-23 23:18 |只看該作者

16#
發表於 04-4-23 23:54 |只看該作者

Thank you for all you guys give me some advise and info.   

17#
發表於 04-4-24 00:18 |只看該作者

Phillipwhau,

My friend's son has strong competence in music and DBS may be the best school in music. In fact, my friend does not have strong confidence that his son can be admitted in DBSPD. Also, she likes DSS school as DSS has more autonomy to choose students.

18#
發表於 04-4-24 11:14 |只看該作者

mountainyear:

Would you share with us, (or to me by PM) the result of your friend's son later?

What grade and kind of instrument he achieve? You provide me a detail  objective standard for us to compare. Thank you!

19#
發表於 04-4-25 06:25 |只看該作者

ykwong,

If you are really interested in my friend's son's music background , I think you may visit Kowloon Tong Alliance Primary School's web site as students of APS are more brilliant than my friend's son in the music achievement.

From the web-stie information, APA students have achieved over one hundred awards in this year's music festival including over 30 champions, 1st runner-up and 2nd runner-up respectively in a variety of music instruments. And most of these awards are in some less popular instruments aparting from violin and piano.

I trust those winners of APS students are definitely the strong competitiors for my friend's son in the music aspect.

20#
發表於 04-4-25 21:39 |只看該作者

聽聞APS好似係每個同學要學一樣樂器, 同埋建議d同學去參加校際音樂節, 因為會佔music exam十分, 如果唔參加當然冇問題, 不過就冇左十分, 在一間成績競爭激烈的學校, 十分可以好影響名次. 所以佢地有咁多人係音樂節
‹ 上一主題|下一主題