該用戶已被刪除

4#
發表於 05-1-25 09:16 |只看該作者

d

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

5#
發表於 05-1-25 09:26 |只看該作者

Re: 最 少 六 校 轉 中 中   傳 統 名 校 難 幸 免 教 -- 學 新 方 案 英 中 「 大 屠 殺

Recall that the new system will also to DSS, but is private schools exempted?  There is no reason to apply to private schools as they are totally independent financially, right?
該用戶已被刪除

6#
發表於 05-1-25 09:29 |只看該作者

該用戶已被刪除

7#
發表於 05-1-25 09:34 |只看該作者

d

該用戶已被刪除

8#
發表於 05-1-25 09:36 |只看該作者

d

9#
發表於 05-1-25 10:03 |只看該作者

Another example of the chaotic running of local education system thanks to Mr.Tien (Is he graduated from Harvard?).

Does the Gov. ever really want to raise the level of English at all? For those who would like to send children to overseas for U study, think twice on whether your children should stay in local school.
Like Matt's Mum said, it is time to consider IS or private school. I just hope that DBS can remain in English teaching though I have confident that the standard of the school is high enough.

10#
發表於 05-1-25 10:37 |只看該作者

EMB enjoys surprising parents, teachers and students every few years!
On one hand, EMB eliminated several public exams in order to lessen student's pressure! On the other hand, students have to work harder in order to get into English Secondary schools! What's the point?!!

Did those decision makers ask for advice from us who are tax payers?!!!
Can they adapt non-interference policy! Have they learned about demand-and-supply theory? I believe if a school is good, no matter how much the school fee is, parents would try to let their kids to get in. If the school is not good, even it is free of charge; I think not many parents would let their kids study over there. Also, good schools would subsidize those smart students if they can't afford the school fee. If schools would like to keep the popularity, they would hire qualified teachers. Why EMB interfere the market so much! That's ridiculous! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Moreover, if those policies apply to DSS, then, what is the purpose having DSS?

Nowadays, many parents (both dads and moms) have to go to work for long hours and how can we afford so much time playing such silly games with EMB!

Kids studying in HK just like gambling! :cry:
該用戶已被刪除

11#
發表於 05-1-25 10:41 |只看該作者

d

12#
發表於 05-1-25 12:21 |只看該作者

Re: 最 少 六 校 轉 中 中   傳 統 名 校 難 幸 免 教 -- 學 新 方 案 英 中 「 大 屠 殺」

Philip:

請接受小小奉勸;勿再看及轉載無良傳媒的報導,請問你在轉載前,有沒有向有關方面求証是否屬實?09年要六校轉中中?它起碼騙你幾年!

傳播媒介,本應是訊息及文化的橋樑,報導應完全客觀、公正、及有根據,但現今香港的傳媒,由其是報紙,已經完全變質,自從某報新出而搶得市場,各報便爭相效法那卑鄙手段去愚弄港人,為求有讀者,用盡挑撥離間、搬弄是非、嘩眾取寵、公器傷人等下流手段,香港人現在只懂責罵而不會自我檢討,只懂跟風而不會分析,甚至於文化低落,全拜此等無良的傳媒及政客所賜,未有求証而轉載,有淪為其工具之虞。

某傳媒從不公正,製造新聞,顛倒黑白,隱瞞事實,把不喜歡的人及團體唱衰加罪,更與政客假借民主之名,馮政必反,以致無政可施,搧動群眾事事上街抗議﹝很快連黑社會也會上街抗議﹞,以致社會多怨,香港人不開心,由此而來。然而,香港人又「純真可愛」,訊息照收,無需分析思考,曾參殺人,照信可也。

迫轉中中一事,如果查明屬不確,就惹人笑柄,不查亂罵,庸人自擾,教統局職責,當然要時常檢討學校的教學成果,要唯恐天下不亂,以傳媒公器,挑撥純真港人,易如反掌。

也難怪[遊魂]叫大家醒下啦,只是她不了解這是商業網站。很快有人貼無謂字去蓋。

13#
發表於 05-1-25 12:32 |只看該作者

一個什麼的制度,英中或中中竟然取决於抽籤抽回來的學生
的英文程度! 以後自行收生一定以英文行先。

14#
發表於 05-1-25 12:40 |只看該作者

我上文都話左架啦

15#
發表於 05-1-25 12:45 |只看該作者

If true, I am glad to see the discretionary place (1st round) quota jumps to 30% instead of 20% currently.
那時我為得到這孩子祈禱,上主就賞賜了我所懇求的,所以我現在把他獻於上主,他一生是屬於上主的。(撒上:27-28)你教導孩童應行的道路,待他老年時也不會離棄。(箴22:6)
該用戶已被刪除

16#
發表於 05-1-25 12:51 |只看該作者

17#
發表於 05-1-25 12:59 |只看該作者

Mattsmum,

wetfoot 說的應是蘋果。

但細看內容,兩報所述冇大差異。wetfoot 的說法並非冇理,但用此段新聞為引好像有點借錯題發揮。

18#
發表於 05-1-25 13:05 |只看該作者

I feel pity for the schools today, so many criteria and restrictions,they cannot 100% select their students, and yet they have to ensure a 85% passing standard to be an English school.

The most suffer ones are our kids, my girl's school has given a lot of assessment exercises and tests this year as homework, so as to prepare the students much better for the assessment test.  This is inevitable as the school needs to maintain its competitiveness. The harsher requirement of English secondary will increase further the pressure to primary kids.  I can see that my girl starts to become "dull" after doing many pages of those exercises... :cry:

19#
發表於 05-1-25 13:30 |只看該作者

Matt'smum 寫道:
to wetfoot,

but i do see Mr. tin talking about a similiar issue yesterday in the news.

I don't think ming pao is that bad.

if you do have other insider's information, please let us know.

this is a public forum, it is ok to post something from a public newspaper.

tell you, before 1980, chinese people did not trust their governement, what ever government said, people interpreted in the opposite direction.

today this is appearing in hk,

after the depressed 7 years of 85,000, don't blame hk people for such reaction.

First of all, I am not talking about MingPao. I did avoided mentioning any newspaper's name. People should know what I was referring to.

I do not have any 'insider' information and that was not my point. Sources just said there would be a consultation for reviewing the policy on teaching language of Secondary schools and only a preliminary time table was proposed. Nothing was ever fixed for the future. However, some newspapers tend to "guess" (threaten could be more appropriate) what EMB was going to do ("killing six schools?!). Seeing is believing? Or just helped the newspaper to spread (promote) the rumour? That is what I had worried.

I cannot agree that no one trust the Government before 1980. There is ambiguity in your statement as I am not sure if you are referring to the Chinese Government or the then Hong Kong Government. Whatever it is, I would think it would be fare to comment on this issue (Government's trust) only if you were aged around 20 or more in 1980. Everything should be back up with facts.

The poor thing is that the general HK people worship English and look down upon Chinese without knowing the importance of a good language foundation. Unless you have migrated to an English speaking country and never want to have any contact with Chinese, poor Chinese language is a shame. No Wonder why there is so many people who feel ambiguous about their identity; Chinese or just Hongkongese?

"85000 policy" was obviously a poor policy. But please confine that to that old man who has no experience in Public Administration; try not to blame the whole Government. Remember, you still have to live and raise kids in HK. Opposition will do you no good. Think positive and be fare.

Unless you are going to stay away from HK; it is hard to understand why people (genuine HK born Chinese) choose International Schools for their kids. If they had not been studying there, have they ever thought that they might have put their children to a lab as guinea-pig?
該用戶已被刪除

20#
發表於 05-1-25 13:34 |只看該作者

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖