用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局蔡繼有學校 Class 2C - Any comment about the English teacher?
發新帖
查看: 1154|回覆: 6
go

Class 2C - Any comment about the English teacher? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-9-15 23:00 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
School has started for just a week.  Does any one of you parents of children in class 2C notice any different with this new English teacher?

Before I received the note from the teacher, I already knew that she is an Indian ... not because of her name, it's because my little girl came home and told me how she speak English.  Wow! Very strong Indian accent ... I couldn't believe that as CKY promised to use only NET for English class. If she is NET, then she should have such a strong Indian accent.

Fine!! We'll see how it goes before we make any comment.  On the second day of school, my little girl already came home telling me that it's so difficult to understand what the English teacher said.  My little girl had NET teaching her since 2 years old (from nursery onward) ... and she had Polish, English, Canadian, American, or even South African teachers before, and she never ever experience this before (i.e. cannot understand what the teacher said).

Throughout the week, she had made a few more comments about this teacher ... to be frank, she never ever not nice about any of her teachers before, this is the very first time.  There is a day she told me that she and a few classmates told the teacher politely that they couldn't understand what she said and asked to repeat, the teacher replied with 'Why aren't you listening to me?' and refused to repeat.  This sure upset us as a parent.  Who is right, who is wrong, we cannot tell.  But even if they have not been listening, why can't she just repeat and warned them.  

Have any of you parents has heard anything from your child about this teacher?  Please voice it out and share with the other parents of 2C.  

0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-9-16 12:07 |只看該作者
可否與英語主任反映,九月尾會有家長會,或者與校長傾傾。

原帖由 piglet-mommy 於 08-9-15 23:00 發表
School has started for just a week.  Does any one of you parents of children in class 2C notice any different with this new English teacher?

Before I received the note from the teacher, I already kne ...

3#
發表於 08-9-18 09:28 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 08-9-26 16:32 |只看該作者
我的小五孩子也說,不習慣今年英文老師的口音

我過往亦投訴過老師的質素,主要還是教學的能力
一 間學校,或一間公司,總有能力不一的員工
那是看彩數了

至於口音,我持比較開放的態度
我向孩子說,現在已經是globalization地球村了
爸爸和媽媽每天都接觸來自不同地方的同事和客人
英、美、加人固然好辦
但是澳洲、印度、日韓人的英文是比較難掌握
但是他們是我的客戶,我聽不明白,是我的錯,不是他們啊
所以,能讓孩子接觸不同口音的英文,也是好事

P.S. 我有一個中國人同事,英語能力之強
可以面對印度人時,用印度人的口音交談
面對英國人時,又可以用純英語交談
d,先叫叻仔!!

[ 本帖最後由 kunggi201 於 08-9-26 16:33 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 08-9-29 14:10 |只看該作者
concur, cheers!

原帖由 kunggi201 於 08-9-26 16:32 發表
我的小五孩子也說,不習慣今年英文老師的口音

我過往亦投訴過老師的質素,主要還是教學的能力
一 間學校,或一間公司,總有能力不一的員工
那是看彩數了

至於口音,我持比較開放的態度
我向孩子說,現在已經是globalization地 ...

6#
發表於 08-10-3 13:35 |只看該作者
看班相,終於看到2C班那位印度老師了.

我沒聽過那老師說英文的口音,不敢說她不標準.純粹以事論事,小二學生學習英文始終還是在初階,模仿老師的口音是很重要的學習過程.比方說,普通話以北京腔(不是北京土話)正宗,國家也規定要參加語委考獲二甲程度才能擔任普通話老師.語委考試其中一項是有關腔調的,規定考生不能帶強烈的地區腔調.

我想未來在社會做事,要面對不同地方的人說不同腔調的英語是一回事,在學校學習英語還是學習正宗英語口音為要.總不成你會想你的孩子說英文時口音完全像家裡的"賓賓"吧!

其實我也明白現在也沒有所謂正宗英文口音這回事,我想CKY的學生很多都來自英文程度不錯的幼稚園.那些學校多聘請北美,甚至澳洲的老師,至於印度的老師可能真的較少.我相信該老師說的英文口音未至於不標準,但學生真的很少接觸,真的辛苦了他們.
我要快樂每一天!

7#
發表於 08-10-3 21:30 |只看該作者
我都覺得高年級可能更容易接受不同口音老師的教導。

[ 本帖最後由 kyliema2006 於 08-10-3 21:32 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題