搜索
教育王國 討論區 香港浸會大學附屬學校王錦輝中小學 英語環境學習下的成果
發新帖
查看: 2553|回覆: 11
go

英語環境學習下的成果 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-6-26 09:28 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Yesterday, my daughter had an extra holiday because of typhoon. I brought her to TST YMCA for swimming. I can't believe that she made a new friend there. She was a 8 years old girl came from California. My daughter used English to talk with the girl and play with her. Besides this, she was brave enough to talk with her Daddy and also recommended some special places in Hong Kong for them to viisit. They also exchanged their e-mail address. They promised themselves that they will send e-mail each other. It was a good lesson. Thanks for her school to let her has great improvement in English.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-6-26 11:22 |只看該作者
原文章由 KristieMom 於 08-6-26 09:28 發表
Yesterday, my daughter had an extra holiday because of typhoon. I brought her to TST YMCA for swimming. I can't believe that she made a new friend there. She was a 8 years old girl came from Californi ...

我都好希望學校的英語環境令小朋友可以有自信地說英語, 我囝囝會今年讀浸小小一, 請問你個小朋友讀G幾? 我個仔閱讀英語還可以, 但就不太肯說,你是否很滿意學校的教學?朋友有時都會問, 點解間學校咁新都選? 請多多賜教, 謝謝!

3#
發表於 08-6-26 15:39 |只看該作者
我的小朋友今年是Grade 2的學生,9月便升讀Grade 3了。除了英語外,我都很著重普通話,所以我才選浸小。我從沒有為我的囡囡報讀外面的英語或普通話課程,她現在所擁有的全是她在學校學的,所以我覺得學校真的提供了一個好的語言學習環境給小朋友。新的學校通常都比較容易接受新事物和新挑戰,所以教學模式不會像傳統的學校這麼死板,我希望我的小朋友能有一個靈活的小腦袋,不希望她祇有一個死記的小腦袋!

原文章由 RICEMAMA 於 08-6-26 11:22 發表

我都好希望學校的英語環境令小朋友可以有自信地說英語, 我囝囝會今年讀浸小小一, 請問你個小朋友讀G幾? 我個仔閱讀英語還可以, 但就不太肯說,你是否很滿意學校的教學?朋友有時都會問, 點解間學校咁新都選? 請多多賜 ...

4#
發表於 08-7-2 12:31 |只看該作者
朋友兒子讀石門浸小, 數學不是全英數,係一學期英, 一學期是中文, 買書既書單都係中英o甘買,一直去到p3, 人民科學用廣東話教, 何以說英小? 不知現在有否改變?

原文章由 KristieMom 於 08-6-26 15:39 發表
我的小朋友今年是Grade 2的學生,9月便升讀Grade 3了。除了英語外,我都很著重普通話,所以我才選浸小。我從沒有為我的囡囡報讀外面的英語或普通話課程,她現在所擁有的全是她在學校學的,所以我覺得學校真的提供了一個好的語 ...

5#
發表於 08-7-2 15:50 |只看該作者
For my daughter, only the first term of Grade 1's Maths in 2006 was taught by Cantonese and then  changed to English Maths after the first term.
We don't have 人民科學subject in 浸小。
原文章由 catcatmom 於 08-7-2 12:31 發表
朋友兒子讀石門浸小, 數學不是全英數,係一學期英, 一學期是中文, 買書既書單都係中英o甘買,一直去到p3, 人民科學用廣東話教, 何以說英小? 不知現在有否改變?

[ 本文章最後由 KristieMom 於 08-7-3 19:40 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 08-7-2 18:15 |只看該作者
It should be "人文素質教育".

MOI of 人文素質教育 is Chinese.

My friend told me 浸小allowed the students of P1 to P3 using Chinese  textbook for the mathematic lesson in the first term and English textbook in the second term.

原文章由 KristieMom 於 08-7-2 15:50 發表
Only the first term of Grade 1's Maths is taught by Cantoneses and then will change to English Maths after the first term.
We don't have 人民科學subject in 浸小。

7#
發表於 08-7-2 23:51 |只看該作者

英語環境學習下的成果

Hi Catcatmom,

My daugter is studing in this school and she is a grade one student. In this school, all math books are english and the workbook and textbook  or assessment of mathematic
are also english.

8#
發表於 08-7-3 11:48 |只看該作者
HONyl  and KristieMom

hi 想請問中文係一開始用國語上堂
d 小孩要唔要出外補下習先呢  (我指今年會升小一果班)
有d 擔心會否能適應

9#
發表於 08-7-3 12:04 |只看該作者
Hi honyi

I saw the school book list before, it required p1-p3 student to buy one chinese textbook and another english textbook for math lesson in the first year. ( was it school policy for the first year’s arrangement ? ) some of parent said  "they get confused on the medium of instruction (MOI) mentioned by HKBUAS.  Even though ex-principal confirmed that it is the school policy to adopt English as the MOI. My friend told me “ besides文素質教育 are taught in Cantonese and no textbook is required. PE & art are taught by Chinese-speaking teachers. Maybe each class have different arrangement with different teaching medium.
My friend also told me her son is happy in this school. I hope Baptist school has changed a lot compare to first year as DSS enjoys flexiblity in the use of MOI.

原文章由 HONyl 於 08-7-2 23:51 發表
Hi Catcatmom,

My daugter is studing in this school and she is a grade one student. In this school, all math books are english and the workbook and textbook  or assessment of mathematic
are also engl ...

[ 本文章最後由 catcatmom 於 08-7-3 12:09 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 08-7-3 19:20 |只看該作者
I think the curriculum has changed a lot in these 2 years. My son is in G1 and I had a chance to talk to a mom of an existing G2 student.  It was true that they had 2 sets of maths book in G1 (2006).  However, it is not true for the G1 of 2007.  They use Maths and You books from the 1st term and all exams were in English.  However, from the class observation recording I saw today, the teacher did use a little Cantonese to explain some mistakes the kids made in class.

The LA books are from Longman general studies books.  However, not many chapters have been taught and there is no proper assessment of LA. They discussed different issues in class in cantonese.  I like that because the teacher encourages students to watch news everyday and my son is very happy to answer questions in class when the teacher says 'what's the hittest news this week?'.

原文章由 catcatmom 於 08-7-3 12:04 發表
Hi honyi

I saw the school book list before, it required p1-p3 student to buy one chinese textbook and another english textbook for math lesson in the first year. ( was it school policy for the first  ...

11#
發表於 08-7-3 19:36 |只看該作者
中文一開始便用普通話教學的。我自己的小朋友在升小一前就沒有到外補習國語,她所學的全是學校的老師教的。其實小朋友的學習語言的能力真的很高,相信他們入學後很快便適應。
原文章由 好姨 於 08-7-3 11:48 發表
HONyl  and KristieMom

hi 想請問中文係一開始用國語上堂
d 小孩要唔要出外補下習先呢  (我指今年會升小一果班)
有d 擔心會否能適應

[ 本文章最後由 KristieMom 於 08-7-3 19:38 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 08-7-3 22:15 |只看該作者
KristieMom

thx

原文章由 KristieMom 於 08-7-3 19:36 發表
中文一開始便用普通話教學的。我自己的小朋友在升小一前就沒有到外補習國語,她所學的全是學校的老師教的。其實小朋友的學習語言的能力真的很高,相信他們入學後很快便適應。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖