但是,有準備不一定能找緊機會,因為....
命運就是這樣的敲門。
要找緊機會,就要戰勝自己和戰勝命運。
遇到逆境,堅持,不要放棄。
黑暗是可怕的,極難耐的.....
但是,渡過了黑暗,不就是黎明了嗎 ?!

864#
發表於 08-6-10 23:41 |只看該作者
I like APS as it is a Christian school.  However, my friend told me I'd need to spend around 7000-8000 dollars / month there.  
So, how about KTS?  I am not familiar with the other school in KLN Tong and would like to know more about it.  
1/  English standard
2/  Secondary school allocation results (it seems that over 95% of their P6 pupils were admitted to English secondary schools in the past 5 years)
3/  Are there a lot of pressures on the kids?

865#
發表於 08-6-11 01:40 |只看該作者
7000-8000 dollars / month ,必需的支出未必要咁多,你去 APS 討論區問真 APS 家長。而 KTS 必需的支出係學費、雜費(不算多)、午餐、校巴.....好大路,可以想像到的。

1/  English standard

幾好。

2/  Secondary school allocation results (it seems that over 95% of their P6 pupils were admitted to English secondary schools in the past 5 years)

English secondary schools 有些是 Band 2 的。

之前KTS Band 1 = 7X%,近兩年開始新遊戲,用早兩屆的中一分班試分 banding,所以 banding 會浮動,年年會不同。

3/  Are there a lot of pressures on the kids?

剛討論完:

〔KTS〕 2008车小一家長入嚟傾吓啦
http://forum.baby-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1250652&extra=page%3D1
尋找「閃光點」,努力不懈,堅毅不屈,機會總是留給有準備的人。
但是,有準備不一定能找緊機會,因為....
命運就是這樣的敲門。
要找緊機會,就要戰勝自己和戰勝命運。
遇到逆境,堅持,不要放棄。
黑暗是可怕的,極難耐的.....
但是,渡過了黑暗,不就是黎明了嗎 ?!

866#
發表於 08-6-11 22:35 |只看該作者
原文章由 Ben2003 於 08-6-11 01:40 發表
7000-8000 dollars / month ,必需的支出未必要咁多,你去 APS 討論區問真 APS 家長。而 KTS 必需的支出係學費、雜費(不算多)、午餐、校巴.....好大路,可以想像到的。

1/  English standard

幾好。

2/  Secondary ...

7000-8000 dollars includes school fee + the fee of learning musical instruments.

867#
發表於 08-6-27 01:12 |只看該作者
星期六 (28/6) 舉行每年一度的KTS 盃邀請賽,本來每年4月舉行,今年因流感全港停課,所以推遲了。

退役了的梯隊家長會到場幫手,我都會到,不過我唔係幫手做野,因為這方面我很弱。

亦唔係幫手我的強項 > 打氣,友誼賽,志在交流,所以就算打氣,都會含蓄些。

咁做乜到場?

因為 team spirit. 羽毛球隊的 Team spirit 是很強的。
但是,有準備不一定能找緊機會,因為....
命運就是這樣的敲門。
要找緊機會,就要戰勝自己和戰勝命運。
遇到逆境,堅持,不要放棄。
黑暗是可怕的,極難耐的.....
但是,渡過了黑暗,不就是黎明了嗎 ?!

貢獻勳章

868#
發表於 08-6-27 19:55 |只看該作者
咁kts即係要幾多基本支出?
如果加埋補習,學課外活動....即係要幾多?
有個讀緊的,說每月支出15000

原文章由 Ben2003 於 08-6-11 01:40 發表

1/  English standard

幾好。

2/  Secondary ...

[ 本文章最後由 花仔媽咪 於 08-6-27 19:57 編輯 ]

869#
發表於 08-6-27 21:37 |只看該作者
That sounds scary.  I don't think I can afford that
amount of money.  The basic is school fee + lunch
+ school bus.  The rest are optional and depends
on the parents.

原文章由 花仔媽咪 於 08-6-27 19:55 發表
咁kts即係要幾多基本支出?
如果加埋補習,學課外活動....即係要幾多?
有個讀緊的,說每月支出15000

870#
發表於 08-6-28 02:21 |只看該作者
長夜....未睡...

明早會唔會唔知醒?!

明早友誼賽,不同學校大家取些獎項,將會是大家都開心的一天。

KTS 盃,本來主要好處係可以備戰學界區賽,友誼賽延遲了,區賽已完。幸好還有其他很多好處,而最大好處是 P.2, P3 and P.4 的梯隊,可以代表學校出賽,低年班代表學校出賽的機會不多,明天,是他們磨練的好日子。
但是,有準備不一定能找緊機會,因為....
命運就是這樣的敲門。
要找緊機會,就要戰勝自己和戰勝命運。
遇到逆境,堅持,不要放棄。
黑暗是可怕的,極難耐的.....
但是,渡過了黑暗,不就是黎明了嗎 ?!

貢獻勳章

871#
發表於 08-6-28 12:53 |只看該作者
咁kts即係要幾多基本支出?

原文章由 Yanamami 於 08-6-27 21:37 發表
That sounds scary.  I don't think I can afford that
amount of money.  The basic is school fee + lunch
+ school bus.  The rest are optional and depends
on the parents.

872#
發表於 08-6-28 15:00 |只看該作者
:;pppp: :;pppp: :;pppp: I can't afford HKD15000/month.
That's all.  

School fee:  HKD3200

Lunch:  HKD15 / school day

School Bus:  Not sure as my daughter don't
need to take school bus.  I'd say a few hundred
dollars per month.

Fri compulsory ECA:  Some are for free, some
cost a couple of hundred dollars for the whole
academic year.  Very reasonable.

Musical instrument lessons (in-school) costs a
few thousand dollars for the whole year.  You
don't have to learn it at school if you like.

原文章由 花仔媽咪 於 08-6-28 12:53 發表
咁kts即係要幾多基本支出?mouth:" />

[ 本文章最後由 Yanamami 於 08-7-3 00:06 編輯 ]

873#
發表於 08-6-29 01:48 |只看該作者
今年比賽,加入了團體賽,比賽氣氛更好。個人賽則是 P.3 或以下。

KTS 及參與的友校大家取些獎項,學生們和家長們一如往年,渡過了開心的一天。

今個學年將完結,小學和中學的運動員,去到暑期都是提升技術,為下學年學界備戰的時候,比賽開始多,刺激、充實、開心......

這樣的童年/少年生活.......wonderful....
但是,有準備不一定能找緊機會,因為....
命運就是這樣的敲門。
要找緊機會,就要戰勝自己和戰勝命運。
遇到逆境,堅持,不要放棄。
黑暗是可怕的,極難耐的.....
但是,渡過了黑暗,不就是黎明了嗎 ?!

874#
發表於 08-6-30 02:03 |只看該作者
而劍擊方面,暑期的賽事亦將開始.....

7月1日有一個中型的全港賽,其中一個組別是罕有的十歲或已下組別,每年最多只有一次十歲或已下組別的全港賽,就是7月這一賽事。

嚴格來說,KTS P.4 (十歲)這一梯隊,是 KTS 有系統訓練的第一梯隊,正好在參與人數愈來愈多、水準愈來愈高的小學劍壇,發揮到承先啟後的歴史任務。
但是,有準備不一定能找緊機會,因為....
命運就是這樣的敲門。
要找緊機會,就要戰勝自己和戰勝命運。
遇到逆境,堅持,不要放棄。
黑暗是可怕的,極難耐的.....
但是,渡過了黑暗,不就是黎明了嗎 ?!

貢獻勳章

875#
發表於 08-6-30 09:54 |只看該作者
如就以你為例,每月支出多少?包括補習...

原文章由 Yanamami 於 08-6-28 15:00 發表

dollars per month.

Fri compulsory ECA:  Some are for free, ...

876#
發表於 08-6-30 16:18 |只看該作者
原文章由 Yanamami 於 08-6-28 15:00 發表

dollars per month.

Fri compulsory ECA:  Some are for free, ...

HKD 15,000 per month !!!

877#
發表於 08-7-1 00:19 |只看該作者
明天,除了 10 歲或以下組別,還有 12, 14, 16 歲或以下組別。 KTS 運動員也有參賽,我囝囝也有參賽。

與 P.4 運動員不同,學兄/姊曾參加過自己年齡組別的比賽,而P.4 運動員是第一次參加自己年齡組別的比賽。
但是,有準備不一定能找緊機會,因為....
命運就是這樣的敲門。
要找緊機會,就要戰勝自己和戰勝命運。
遇到逆境,堅持,不要放棄。
黑暗是可怕的,極難耐的.....
但是,渡過了黑暗,不就是黎明了嗎 ?!

878#
發表於 08-7-1 00:42 |只看該作者
之前提到,我在小學時期,去學校旅行的前一晚,興奮到難以入睡。P.4 梯隊的隊員們,今晚會難以入睡嗎?

之前亦提到,兒時的記憶,都很珍貴。明天會成為他/她們的珍貴兒時記憶嗎?

不知道。

我只知道:

They have a dream.

They have a dream that one day 可以為校爭光。
但是,有準備不一定能找緊機會,因為....
命運就是這樣的敲門。
要找緊機會,就要戰勝自己和戰勝命運。
遇到逆境,堅持,不要放棄。
黑暗是可怕的,極難耐的.....
但是,渡過了黑暗,不就是黎明了嗎 ?!

879#
發表於 08-7-1 21:28 |只看該作者
He has a dream, American dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUtL_0vAJk

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.

Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

But one hundred years later, the Negro still is not free. One hundred years later, the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the Negro is still languished in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we've come to our nation's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. And so, we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children.

It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the Negro's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.

We cannot turn back.

There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as the Negro is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of police brutality. We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain lodging in the motels of the highways and the hotels of the cities. *We cannot be satisfied as long as the negro's basic mobility is from a smaller ghetto to a larger one. We can never be satisfied as long as our children are stripped of their self-hood and robbed of their dignity by a sign stating: "For Whites Only."* We cannot be satisfied as long as a Negro in Mississippi cannot vote and a Negro in New York believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until "justice rolls down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream."

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow jail cells. And some of you have come from areas where your quest -- quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of police brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to South Carolina, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:
My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride,
From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.

Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia.

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi.
From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!
但是,有準備不一定能找緊機會,因為....
命運就是這樣的敲門。
要找緊機會,就要戰勝自己和戰勝命運。
遇到逆境,堅持,不要放棄。
黑暗是可怕的,極難耐的.....
但是,渡過了黑暗,不就是黎明了嗎 ?!

880#
發表於 08-7-1 21:40 |只看該作者
Obama has a dream, American dream.

Do you have a dream, KTS dream?