教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ISF FY & G1
發新帖
查看: 3644|回覆: 5
go

ISF FY & G1 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-12-4 13:15 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 joeydesu 的帖子

It is not an IS but it offers IB MYP and DP which is similar with other PIS like CKY and VSA and other IS like CIS, SIS, …..
The IS and PIS definition doesn't really matter as it is just the classification under which EDB gave the school its license to operate.  If I were you, I would focus on the student make-up, curriculum, faculty profile, ….

今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

2#
發表於 13-12-4 13:16 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 joeydesu 的帖子

For old discussion on workload, look here
http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2667717&page=1#pid37212012

3#
發表於 13-12-4 13:36 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 elock 的帖子

I am with you that the non-academic activities are not there yet.  Drama and art are decent to quite good.  Music and sports are just not there except for maybe the swimming team.  Not sure how closely you follow the school but the sports program is being revamped and is a priority this year.  Doubt there will be substantial improvements until the school scales up its secondary division though.  The ECA program probably need to be revamped as well since the quality is uneven to say the least.

From previous discussion, seems like your kid is in G1.  I am familiar with the workload of FY and G1.  If you are getting stressed out about the workload of G1, then I think you will have issues later on in primary as well.  As I am sure you are aware that the workload does not decrease over time.  This is an IS style school that teaches Chinese and I think many local parents don't quite get the "IS style" part.  "IS style" is not just about "happy learning" and "less stress".  It is also about not having two exams, not having grades, not having rankings, not expecting parents to review or correct homework, …..  Unless a child can't catch up, why bother getting a tutor?  We have no tutors at all and we have no after-school academic enrichment programs.  After homework is done, which usually takes 15 to 1 hr, we have time to read, play, ride the bicycle, …

4#
發表於 13-12-4 14:37 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 elock 的帖子

Don't get me wrong, there are things that the school need to work on like the music and sports program.  There are some admin issues that are clearly not working either.  But I think one special thing about the school is it has such a broad range of parents that it is really what one makes of it!

5#
發表於 13-12-4 15:19 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 cecilau 的帖子

How do you find the workload?  Do you take a hands-on or hands-off approach?

6#
發表於 13-12-4 16:18 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 musicien 的帖子

If I were you, I would go for FY.  Much better to integrate into the class and school.  Also get a better foundation for PTH and English.  As for music, I think you are more or less on your own.  There are music lessons but what do you really expect from a school on the music front?  I am not familiar with Creative so can't comment.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題