用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 Jolly Phonics ~~ 一定要睇第一頁呀!!
發新帖
樓主: somama^_^
go

Jolly Phonics ~~ 一定要睇第一頁呀!! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-6-13 14:40 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Jolly Phonics

I am interested too.  May I have the details please?

Thanks.

2#
發表於 05-7-7 14:53 |顯示全部帖子

Hi all moms,

I have a girl aged 5 1/2 and I would like to let her learn jolly phonics.  I have checked that there are some centres teaching Jolly phonics at Tsuen Wan but I don't really have confidence on them as someone said that they are hard-selling and commercial.  I am quite interested in Jolly Faith but would like to seek your recommendation first.  As I don't know phonics, I would like to consider to learn with my kids, do you think it is practical?  If so, how should I start?  Or should I send my kid to the course in Jolly Faith?  Please advise, thanks a lot!

3#
發表於 05-7-8 11:07 |顯示全部帖子

somama & jenniferpl,

Thank you very much for your advices.  I have checked Jolly Faith website, wow, their course is more experience than others ! But anyway, I would go there and have a look first.  As you advised, I may try to study myself, what should I buy?  

4#
發表於 05-7-8 14:40 |顯示全部帖子

Hi jenniferpl,

Where can I buy those material?  Please advise, thanks.

5#
發表於 05-7-15 10:12 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Jolly Phonics ~~ 一定要睇第一頁呀!!

Hi jenniferpl & somama,

Thanks so much for your sharing and recommendations.  I am still thinking to join the training course on 30/7.  However, since I really don't know much about phonics, does the course provide info and help on how parents teach children at home?  Besides, do they teach when should we buy what level of materials during suitable time (how to justify children's learning)?

jenniferpl,

I am interested to buy the DVD and books you suggested, do you still have the discount?

Thanks.

6#
發表於 05-7-15 12:04 |顯示全部帖子

jenniferpl,

Thank you very much.  Pls check PM.

7#
發表於 05-7-18 10:05 |顯示全部帖子

jenniferpl,

Received the coupon, thanks so much.

Somama,

Thank you for your sharing.  Just feel free to call me and we may go and buy the materials together so that we can share the coupon,  please check PM.

8#
發表於 05-7-30 10:08 |顯示全部帖子

Hi somama,

How's going with the jp dvd?  Would you please share your experience?  Thanks.

9#
發表於 05-8-5 14:53 |顯示全部帖子

Hi somama,

I've bought the Finger Phonics books.  However, I haven't started yet as I want to attend the training course and have a visit to Jolly Faith first.  
How are you going?  If you have any new idea or experience, hope could share with us, thanks.

10#
發表於 05-8-18 12:03 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Somama,

My girl has joined JF course this week (stage 2).  Actually I just started to read the finger phonics books with her these few days but feel a bit difficult for me to teach her the sounds and actions, and I think my teaching is a bit boring.  Maybe this is due to my inadequate knowledge on phonics.  I have asked JF about the training course for parents and they said that they are planning to have one at the end of Sept.  Meanwhile, do you have any suggestion to me?  Should I buy any other things such as DVD or anything else to assist me ?

Thanks a lot!

11#
發表於 05-8-23 14:27 |顯示全部帖子

Hi somama,

Thank you for your sharing.  My girl quite enjoys the course although she just attended 2 classes.  
I just want to have revision with my kid at home.  Since I don't know phonics, I am just wondering whether I can have something to assist me to ratify the sounds those my kid pronounces.  Anyway, meanwhile I think I'd better wait for JF's training course in Sept.  

somama^_^ 寫道:
Hi hiuyui,

em........  Why you need to teach her??  If she has joined the course, she should learn the sounds and action from JFLC!!  You want to teach her the sound before attending the lesson??  Or you want to revise the sound with her??

I have brought the JP handbook and find that there are some coloring page for kids.  Although the  pictures are as the same as those in the Finger Phonics, they may reinforce the sound and the story and related words of the sound.

And, in the Handbook, there is a story for each sound.  So, you don't need to create a story by yourself.

I have tried Jolly songs.  I think it works.  However, songs are too short while all elements to remember the action and sound are included.  Moreover, it includs a demonstration of all sounds at the last 7 tracks.

Next, I think some rhyming words do help.  Something like "snake send you some sweets & sausage".  "Ant eats an apple." etc....... Try words with that beginning sounds.  And, you may ask your daughter to draw a picture by that sentence too!!   

I myself think that DVD is not so worth except you are quite absent-minded & find it very difficult to pronounce the sounds just by listening to it.  The first part of the DVD is suitable for kids of high English proficiency as all conversation are in English and there is no Chinese subtitle.  And, the storyline are quite boring too!!  However, a lady will demo all sounds with a close up to her face.  Thus, you can know the shape of the mouth and know how to produce the sound.

That's all from me, a starter.  Hope it can help!!

12#
發表於 05-8-29 10:20 |顯示全部帖子

Hi meowmeowmama,

Sorry for my late reply.  Yes, Jolly Faith will arrange a half-day training course for parents and teachers.  One in the morning and the other in the afternoon.  I did ask when will be the coming one and they just said that they are planning one at the end of Sept.  If you are interested, try to go to their web : http://www.jflc.com/, choose course -> Monthly training course and see whether they have any update.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題