用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 我自己英文唔好, 但我都想囝囝英文好, 比佢讀國際學校.. ...
發新帖
查看: 5779|回覆: 1
go

我自己英文唔好, 但我都想囝囝英文好, 比佢讀國際學校... [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-8-3 22:38 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 我自己英文唔好, 但我都想囝囝英文好, 比佢讀國際學校...

ekkw3786,

Your posting was a good piece for sharing in BK.  You have very good written Eng. & I trust you're also proficient in your spoken.  I also communicated with my son almost the same way like what you did to your kid.  I believe now my son's first language is Eng. as a result of this.  I feel little regret for having put too much emphasis on the Eng. side because he doesn't speak Cantonese to us anymore now even if I changed back to talk to him in Cantonese 2 years ago.  So, the situation is this, I talk to him in Cantonese & he answers me in Eng.  He only talks to his grandparents in Cantonese in phrases & with wrong grammar & funny accent.  He also doesn't like to learn Chinese that much & is shy of using Cantonese as his tool for communication.  

I don't mean to show off my son's Eng. ability but to point out the disadvantage of the way I did.

Saturn.

2#
發表於 06-8-3 23:26 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 我自己英文唔好, 但我都想囝囝英文好, 比佢讀國際學校...

CherylMum,

The reason why I did it this way was that I originally planned to send my son to CWBS & heard that the school won't accept the kid if they hear him/her talk in Cantonese.

In the past I discussed with my hub about using which lang. (Eng/Cantonese) with our kid.  He said there won't be any problem for our kid to learn Cantonese from TV & the surrounding environment in HK even if we send him to IS.  But now I would say it is very hard because he doesn't even watch Chin. programme.

I do agree with you now!  I even don't believe he could survive in a local school & IS is his single choice.

Saturn.

CherylMum 寫道:
Frankly, I don't think communicating with your kids in English is good to them.  Learning the mother tongue (i.e. Cantonese in Hong Kong) is very important to their language and cognitive development.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖