教育王國 討論區 教育講場 九龍塘媽媽support group
發新帖
樓主: cheerful-BB
go

九龍塘媽媽support group [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-8-7 15:54 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 九龍塘媽媽support group

Thank you cheerful-BB for opening the new topic name.

anyone interested, pls put your name on the list below:

littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

2#
發表於 06-8-8 19:25 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Nursery One 2nd day - some feeling

today, my boy is having his 2nd day school life at a Kinder/Nursery . the teachers are kind and nice. however, i found that they are not `flexible and creative' enough. e.g  when they are playing the 唱遊time, asking the kids to shake the `自製手搖鈴', i am so happy to see that my boy is able to follow the rhythm (he use the 2 legos to 互敲 to make the `beat'), however, the teachers saw it and asked him to put down the legos and concentrate on the singing. so, poor boy got quite disappointed and put down the legos and also stopped singing and walked away. they didn't scold him (of course, so many parents there!), however, they are not like the native-speaker playgroup we tried before.
what's the purpose of sing-dance? this is also the style of most local traditional kinder. it seems they mix up the `goal' and `tool'.

on the other hand, they are too 遷就 all the kids. As haydn is quite big in body size ,  and that we always teach him to pack up the toys and chairs after playing, and told him that he has the responsibility for that. while he is the last to be called onto the school bus queue, waiting for 15min with nothing to do, today we asked him to help the teacher to clear the classroom and put back the chairs.
out of imagination, the teachers 相反地不太讚賞. they are very eager to keep all kids quietly waiting on a queuing line, and rush all kids out when the class is finished. maybe the school bus is waiting. but haydn's bus not ready yet.
you may imagine how messy the classroom is. not one kid is helping. not one parent is asking the kid to help. 玩完就推開玩具走,一
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

3#
發表於 06-8-8 19:38 |顯示全部帖子

Woo, so hot responses!
Some are very small BB, few are `older' BB. quite large variation.
1. How about 1st time gathering just Moms (and/or Dads) ? Otherwise too busy taking care of BBs and not time for chating?
2. Or be sure to have helpers around? (to whom the BB must be very willing to stick! not a `long time no see' grandma type !)
3. Or divided into 2 age groups? Otherwise the concerns and interests of the moms will differ a lot!

any idea?

littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

4#
發表於 06-8-11 01:02 |顯示全部帖子

dear all,
i suggest to be held at either festival walk (b'cos there is toyr'us to distract the bb, with cafe around, and big bookstore page one);
or be held at mongkok, grand century plaza (with cafe/foodcourt, playground, bookstore).
how?
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

5#
發表於 06-8-11 17:30 |顯示全部帖子

Dear All,

The first time 九龍塘媽媽support-group gathering 小麥組第一次召集:

Time: 12 Aug 06 (Saturday) 11am-1230am

Venue:
1. if sunny day, with good weather by 10:30am, Mongkok GrandCentury 5/F, Food Court.
2. if rainy day, with bad weather, by 10:30am, then at festival walk, food court.

How?

Adv: next to a big children's open-playground ; even not eating, just chating, is okay, and is FREE! have big TV. Big book store nearby. BB breast-feeding and diapper changing facilities nearby. Easy traffic for everybody. mom with older bb and younger bb may also come, just need to be divided into different tables.
if festival walk, it's near the toyr'us and covered area. with big bookstore nearby.

just for the first time preliminary discussion.
Bring along: yourself ! in happy mood. relaxed.
better: with Doman's book (as reference, if likes to discuss on flash card using.

I will be there, and will bring along Doman's book to let you know me.

littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

6#
發表於 06-8-14 00:03 |顯示全部帖子

dear all,
How about this coming Sat morning 19 Aug at 1030am at mongkok 新世紀廣場 5/f food court. I did go there yesterday, felt free, no body to compete for seat. children playing happily at the playground. just that too sunny and hot, need umbrella or hat for kids.
yours,  
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

7#
發表於 06-8-14 19:37 |顯示全部帖子

dear all,
so far i have received PM tel contact of cheerful BB and Nic_ma only.
i will call all those tel numbers on hand, on Thursday evening, to confirm.
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

8#
發表於 06-8-15 13:09 |顯示全部帖子

dear 車莉,
noted with tks.
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

9#
發表於 06-8-16 15:41 |顯示全部帖子

dear tintingai,
sure, why not!
just one thing: 小麥子has a bit sneeze and cough this morning, and then while eating the noodles (and jumping up and down, being naughty), he vomitted one time. hence not going to school today. a bit worried.
after resting and sleeping for 2 hours, then he seems okay now.
hope he is fine on Sat am and see you all then.
keep you update by friday.

littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

10#
發表於 06-8-16 18:47 |顯示全部帖子

poor 車莉 & qq,

get well soon!

I have given 小麥子 2 times of (chinese herbal) med only, today, now he is fine already, jumping and singing again! tks to God's care & lucky to treat him early enough.

littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

11#
發表於 06-8-17 13:18 |顯示全部帖子

車莉:

don't worry.

1. cruel method: do you have syringe? syringing-in. but make sure bb doesn't know how to `spit' or `vomit' out the med. they are very clever. also, the kid will cry very loudly. don't panic.

2. kind method, but takes much time: try different solution, e.g. milk, juice, water, honey, etc. depends on what kind of illness. moreover, what's the med? is it very bitter like the augmentin? it relly taste `yak'. try other med. i know that some med from the western doctor taste really good, and have different colors for you to choose.

3. try some `external means': e.g oil to massage on tummy. the bb will feel better. also, to massage on some acupoints eg. feet bottom middle part, below the neck at the back.

4. if still cannot, call me. you know my mobile, right?

yours,
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

12#
發表於 06-8-17 13:23 |顯示全部帖子

dear all,
it seems that most of the moms are working mom and are not free to join.
why not suggest and vote for some day and time?
1. Sat am (some may be still working? except those bank/school/govt moms/full-time moms?)
2. Sat pm/evening (some may have to attend playgroup or learning ctr?)
3. Sun am (some may have to go to the Church)
4. Sun pm/evening (I guess most people cannot, as it's family day and have to visit grandparents, friends, relatives, etc)
so, let's flow your ideas.
yours,
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

13#
發表於 06-8-18 17:22 |顯示全部帖子

SkyPenguin,
hi, you're right.
let's postpone it two weeks later, ie. early Sept.
exact time and venue to be anounced. as it will be quite busy abt the prep for new school term then (for most of the N1 and K1 bb, right?)
meanwhile, any idea and suggestion, pls let us know here. we are glad to discuss.
Yours,
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

14#
發表於 06-8-25 13:22 |顯示全部帖子

dear all,
sigh..................almost sick for 2 weeks, and having a bad fever for 3 days (腸胃炎) ! just come back to office for work today. actually it is just a very small piece of very delicious 黑芝麻奶露蛋糕, and the abdomenal pain lasts for 3 days!
also, 小麥子 had bad nightmare for 1 week already, crying and screaming and jumping on his bed at midnight (talking-dream), i just stopped his nursery class and planned for another one. he cannot adapt to that nursery at all.
sigh....................
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

15#
發表於 06-10-17 11:32 |顯示全部帖子

dear kohuei,

I agree with your idea.

1. better to group similar age (e.g. 6-9months, 10-13months, 14mth-1.5yr, 1.5-1yr9mth, 1yr10mth-2.5yr, 2.5yr-3yr, 3-3.5yr, etc (similar development and interest, isn't it?).

2. better to group approximate district (easier and natural regular gathering rather than obligation, easier for moms +-dads).

3. better to have the first gathering (meeting) for organising the above issues, also the time and venue issues.........

4. if possible, can we gather at 又一居 club hse first? kohuei, is it okay for you?

5. anyone, pls brainstorm for more ideas, support or not?

littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題