用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 i have applied Japanese IS for my kid today, when wi ...
發新帖
查看: 2667|回覆: 2
go

i have applied Japanese IS for my kid today, when will have feedback?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-2-23 02:16 |顯示全部帖子

Re: i have applied Japanese IS for my kid today, when will have feedback??

Hi Blythe_miki, luluonthemoon, Fattymom,

Understanding that there are not so many JIS parents here, so I'd like to share as much as I know:

1.  About IB PYP, the school conducts regular workshop but none of them match my own schedule.  I'll share if they do have notices in the near future.

2. After-school activities: As far as I could remember, the “art & craft” and swimming do accept reception kids, maybe taewando too. Yes, there are more sport-related classes (e.g. soccer, hockey, swimming, rope skipping, karate)   The school has been trying hard to introduce more activities with different variety for the past 1 to 2 years , such as “Mad Science” and “Modern Dance”.   Sorry, no language class.

3.The question (one class per grade) from “luluonthemoon” is really a good question: During 1st year, it's true that my daughter mainly mentioned names of her classmates only.   However, her social life has improved thru different crossed-grade and crossed-section (there are about 800 students in the Japanese section v.s. the 100 something students in Int'l section) functions.   E.g. swimming gala, cooking class, ESL class, Halloween parade, Open day and etc.)

4. I think there are around 15 kids in reception.  Though P3 and P4 classes already reached the max. class size, i.e. 24 to 25,  I think they will not allow reception to reach the max as younger kids need much more attention.   As average, there are half or less than half Chinese in each grade.   

5. Parents can stay with the kid during the interview.   The principle is a very nice gentlemen who will ask questions about daily life.   He will show the kid a picture book (e.g. Spot ) and test his/her vocabulary and conversation.   
6. I don't know how to compare if JIS is more discipline.  But all the kids I've met are polite and friendly.

2#
發表於 06-2-25 00:20 |顯示全部帖子

fattymom,

Yes, we all like the school and my younger son will be in reception later in aug.  You know,  I almost submitted an application form to Shatin Junior but after having a very serious discussion with my husband last week, we decided to keep our girl in JIS.   I'd like to share what we've discussed in more details here as I do believe some mums have the same headache too (though the final decision making is different according to different parent's expectation)...

I know shatin junior is a very popular int'l school (with high school is the most attractive point) and the waiting list is long.  Our original idea was to submit the form and line up in the queue first..then it will be very ideal if she can be admitted by its high school 3 year later (day-dreaming ? ).  However what about if she can be admitted earlier?   JIS is already our daughter's 2nd home: she loves the teachers, classmates, the school environment.. And we, we chose JIS at the beginning because its good teacher:student ratio and its high english standard.  (Our daughter's english really improved alot).   We even moved closer to the school.   So, how come we switch her to another school after we made our every effort to put her in this school and she finally settle down and get good progess?   

If I'm correct, reception class does not have Mandarin until they are P1, every 35 minutes everyday using traditional Chinese.

Blythe_miki,

Just for curiosity, French Int'l is located in Happy Valley while JIS is in Taipo,  it seems that location is not your concern ?

3#
發表於 06-2-26 00:03 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Fattymom,

Excuse me, did you mean the daily timetable?  If yes, it's my pleasure to fax it to you.   PM me if needed.   Otherwises, I can roughly share the info here: the school day starts from 8:15 to 14:45 (13:55 on wed).   35 minutes for each session, one swimming class each week, 12:00 to 12:50 are lunch time and playtime.   

You can go to http://www.jis.edu.hk/~jises/index.html   which contains info for each grade including yearly calendar.  Hope I've answered your quesiton
‹ 上一主題|下一主題