教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 睇睇下書,自然會識英文?
發新帖
樓主: PhiloSophie
go

睇睇下書,自然會識英文?   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-1-30 21:36 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 motherotk 於 12-1-30 21:38 編輯

My first child love reading books, all kinds of books. He's bookworm, that helps him a lot in establishing good academic foundations and general knowledge+ new words. But not all kids are the same, kids not in this type not necessarily not clever enough or not good enough for learning, don't label them, use other ways to find out their abilities and strengths.

My second child is not interested in books,  due to her difficulties in recognizing new words, but she love pictures and she will read with books that she can manage, not too many new words, with more pictures. I use computer reading series, one or two pieces every day, reading loud, pointing the words with fingers, on both English and PTH reading stories, from simple level to a more complicated level, that helps a lot when time goes by..I found her reading ability enhanced within 3 months with continued and structured readings with computer books. Her interest in reading enhanced as well.

Try different methods, it will work out finally.

2#
發表於 12-2-2 19:36 |顯示全部帖子
Raz's Kids

3#
發表於 12-2-2 20:00 |顯示全部帖子
Also goggle books, those books from Ipad...(free)

Also VCD on "Clifford, the big red dog" (together with books)  "Little Miss" series (together with books); Babylonelytune series (download from Utube)(free)

4#
發表於 12-2-2 20:08 |顯示全部帖子
ORT work for my son well at pre-school stage. But when he is in primary school ORT sounds a bit boring for him. He needs more interesting stories that relate to his school life. ORT's context not fit for him at that stage. But ORT provides a good foundation for reading interest, foundation words and phonics.

ORT not work very well with my daughter as the stories not attracting to her. I don't know why.. but so this is the fact, I change my strategies, trying various kinds of books, princess series, but these book design are not good for kids, too many words in one page, kids like my daugher lost interest.

Raz kids is good for her and motivate her through level enhancements.

5#
發表於 12-2-4 16:42 |顯示全部帖子
回復 SCKnight 的帖子

Yes, agree with you. Since I have bought a series of VCD related to the stories, that enhance her interest. So at first, I will play the Mandarin VCD on little miss, then English, then the reading. The process repeat and repeat within two weeks.

Since my girl got difficulties in reading and writing, then I have to use repeated pattern of learning and visual media to stimulate her impressions on the words.

6#
發表於 12-2-8 17:51 |顯示全部帖子
These kids have special language talents + parental support

They are outstanding kids

How to teach kids who are not gifted in language is a challeng for parents, first have to understand kid's cognitive level, second has to admit that your kids still have space to improve with approprate skills, not other people's skills, those skills putting on other people work well, but may not be applied to your kid..

Look at indivdiual kid's talent as well as their need is a challenge for parent as well as for all teachers.

7#
發表於 12-3-7 16:52 |顯示全部帖子
Experience tells me that the most effective way to persuade a kid to read is peer pressure- agree

Also from their desire to explore the world..some kids do have this need..

8#
發表於 12-4-3 00:33 |顯示全部帖子
回復 spantan 的帖子

Thanks for your generous sharing. My son loves your list very much. Keep on sharing with us your reading lists...looking forward to your further sharing!!

Wonderful sharing!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題