搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 讀兩間幼稚園?
發新帖
樓主: seeker.email
go

讀兩間幼稚園?   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-3-21 08:18 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
想請教各位家長,你們的小朋友有沒有曾經或正在同時就讀兩間幼稚園,煩請分享經驗。(好的、壞的都想知道,謝謝!)

4    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-3-21 10:22 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:caca316 的帖子

I am considering SKH and Victoria (PTH/ENG).
很想知道爸爸媽媽們對於小孩同時上兩間幼稚園的實戰經驗,即使不是我上述的學校都十分歡迎。謝謝!

3#
發表於 12-3-21 12:39 |顯示全部帖子
謝謝各位的囘覆。你們剛才說的都是我的憂慮,尤其是小孩的休息時間,否則我不會在猶豫。

兩家幼稚園離我家都很近,即使我之前從來也沒有計劃要上兩家幼稚園,交通時間一直都是我其中一個首要考慮,你可以想像我本身都很重視小孩的休息和遊戲時間。

我是有點偏向SKH,是因爲覺得跟本地小學接軌比較容易,以及較重視德育。

可是我也不捨得Victoria的雙語環境,我的小孩在那裏上PN,一直都維持雙語,從沒有在學校内跟同學和老師說廣東話(兩文三語班的確實是會集中說廣東話)。我亦有特別留意K3英普班的小孩,他們的語言程度絕對可以。

眼見小孩的午睡時間越來越短(半年後,可能還會午睡,也可能沒有),所以才有這“奇想”,看看要不要上兩間。正如ningningb所講,可能到時上興趣班也一樣忙!

所以希望有更多的家長可以告訴我實際的經驗。謝謝!

4#
發表於 12-3-21 14:15 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Ackl1002 的帖子

True. I know language ability is one thing. It's always important to have an all-round development. If I were to put her into two kindergartens at the same time, I am aiming at doing it for one year only. After K1, I would probably drop one and leave more time for her extra curricula activities.  This sounds very ideal but there are indeed many things to consider.

My child is able to speak pth in full sentences. Really want to reinforce that. Therefore it's tempting to stay for a bit longer.

5#
發表於 12-3-21 17:18 |顯示全部帖子
我的目的不是要霸著學位,如果我想這樣做,反而最容易,立即註冊,然後等到9月看看小孩的情況再算。讀兩間來互補不足看似很理想,但不一定切實可行,所以想搜集多些例子,慎重地考慮,要放棄其一也可以儘早讓給他人。
謝謝你們給我不同角度的意見!

點評

SCKnight    發表於 12-3-25 11:43
caca316  我都好明白你, 我都試過在EK比人話我霸住D學位, 其實都係問下大家意見, 點知仲比人話, 如果有了決定就唔會hold 住啦....  發表於 12-3-21 17:35

6#
發表於 12-3-22 12:28 |顯示全部帖子
The discussion is very helpful.  Thank you for brainstorming with me.

Sending the kid to two kindergartens somewhat contracts my own wish/plan.  "Facts vs theory!"

I am a full time mom.  The reason for me to quit my job was to spare more time with my kid.  I have not applied to any full-day nurseries as I hope my kid would have more leisure for her own exploration.

This wild idea suddenly struck me because I have personally experienced how effective it is to build up the language ability in a bilingual learning environment.  Apart from going to Victoria, my kid also have regular lessons with a PTH teacher and that's how I made the comparison.  I have also observed other elder kids who take private lessons but go to cantonese kindergartens as benchmark.  I am quite sure that my kid wouldn't be able to achieve the same language skills even if she has one private PTH lesson a day.  

Having said that, I don't mean I have made my decision.  I am struggling on many practical issues like many of those discussed on this thread, such as lunch break, nap time, sense of belonging to the kindergarten, time with family.... all are valid points.  I am also asking myself how important it is to learn the languages at this young age.... can this be deferred?

This is a tough decision and there will be many more decisions to make until the kids are able to stand on their own feet!  I will think it hard.  Thanks all.

7#
發表於 12-3-24 01:42 |顯示全部帖子
說真的,我當然希望伴著孩子,否則我不會選擇放棄自己的profession留在家。我對上兩家幼稚園的想法不大comfortable,但並不覺得羞愧,因爲自問是一個很devoted的媽媽,沒有想過要把教導孩子的責任卸於學校。我很珍惜看著孩子長大的日子,縱使家裏有helpers,對於每天小孩上、下課接送,還有吃的東西、洗澡、玩耍等,都親力親為。

但是總有些limitations,我可以選擇接納這些limitations,也可以想辦法把他們衝破,risk和opportunity有時也不能分對錯。之前有一位家長說上幼稚園是要小孩學習秩序、社交,在家學不到,很同意德育需自小培養。只是我同時覺得要學好雙語從小學較容易,但在家也學不到。雖然我們曾受外國教育,英語可以,普通話會話還好並熟練拼音(我們反而不懂倉頡),但我們始終不是ENG/PTH native speakers,靠自己很難令小孩的發音比自己好。在我而言,德育和語言都很重要,可惜我還沒找到/考上一家我覺得兩全其美的學校。

或許我應該把討論的問題rephrase一下,把它擴大一點,不只是問有關上兩間幼稚園的問題,而同時向大家請教如要選其一,有哪些方法可以讀傳統幼稚園而有效地保持一個良好的語言環境,以及有哪些方法加強德育,讓孩子在較自由的學校讀書也會有規有矩。

我自己是一個很保守的人,從前聼人家說要讀兩家幼稚園也會有點抗拒,但現在就是不想自己的保守,抹殺了小孩的可能性,局限了小孩在自己的框框,所以做research。不能否認時代在改變,70年代很少大學生,現在很普遍,從前自己足4嵗才可以進K1,現在PN都不止,還有playgroup,甚至有人去胎教班。

感謝媽媽當年從小給我很好的教育,幸運地我之後的路順風順水,她怎樣也想不到我最終會留在家帶小孩,但她一樣欣慰。每人心中對competitiveness的定義都不同,我不望子成龍,只想像媽媽一樣,給小孩足夠裝備去選自己未來的路。

相信想小朋友青出於藍乃人之常情。一點點的感想。

歡迎你們更多有關幼稚園的經驗,謝謝!

8#
發表於 12-3-26 12:34 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:讀兩間幼稚園?

That sounds interesting. My child has never participated in any montessori schools and I am always curious of how they are. By comparing what were described here and my own experience with Victoria PN, I am quite surprised that they are pretty much alike.

At Victoria, my child also gets to choose the toys.  There are a bunch of toys in each classroom for the kids to choose on their own. From time to time, the teachers add new toys/corners that relates to the theme, eg they added a supermarket and a fire station when they talked about community, and then they added a doctor's kit and a post office when they talked about occupation.  Three teachers will be around to assist the kids while playing. In pth/eng class, 2 teachers speak pth and 1 teacher speaks eng. The kids will speak to the teachers with respective languages.

Victoria only offers one snack each day.  If the kids dont like it, no other options but the teachers won't force them to eat or rush them. Kids need to feed themselves. Only normal cups, no straws.

Kids will have circle times for stories and dancing/singing. The teachers also accommodate the kids' needs. My kid did fall asleep in class after long holidays. The teachers would let the kid sleep.

Not sure about K1 though. Not sure if the kids will have as much freedom.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題