用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 i have applied Japanese IS for my kid today, when wi ...
發新帖
查看: 2655|回覆: 1
go

i have applied Japanese IS for my kid today, when will have feedback?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-2-14 19:14 |顯示全部帖子

Re: i have applied Japanese IS for my kid today, when will have feedback??

Both of you,

You can send the application to JIS anytime you want! (But, of course, don't be too late.)
They don't normally send out the letter but will give you a buzz for the confirmation of the receipt as soon as the application reaches the school.
I have sent the application for my daughter long ago and they said we would hear from them around in April or May for an interview in the year that my child is supposed to start.

2#
發表於 06-2-18 00:44 |顯示全部帖子

Re: i have applied Japanese IS for my kid today, when will have feedback??

ashleymama,

It's really good to hear from the immediate voice about JIS as we don't normally find JIS moms around.
I've known how well they've been doing and the current extra effort put into to be a successful IB school. Have you got any updates about it recently?
I would like you to correct me if I'm wrong but as I remember that the reception students do not join most of the after-school classes. Is that correct? But do you know what kinds of activities the school offers so far? Just a sports class? Any language class or something?
I believe that the reception class has hardly been full at least for the last few years. In fact, the average number of students is around 15 or less. Some teachers did admit before that JIS is not very competitive with other schools (kindergartens) for the reception as the tuition simply seems a bit too expensive and most of the companies that have supported the expats begin to cover the educational cost from primary section and exclude the reception.
One thing sitting in my mind is the only one class per grade. It should be the advantage for the children, but at the same time, would it be really good to stick to the same bunch of kids for 6-7 years? I know in int'l schools students do come in and out all the time. But with just one class, will it be interesting, say, when they have a sports day, school trips or whatever events? What if a child ever encounters any challeges handling their peers or the relationship with a teacher?
Well, these are all just within my mind and I still like this school a lot. But it just came to me when I previously visited the school and found that one of the teachers seemed a bit pompous and did speak to the visiting parents (not to the students' parents) in a bit flippant way.....
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖