教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 Future of autistic kids
發新帖
樓主: jasper888
go

Future of autistic kids [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-5-8 21:10 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Future of autistic kids

I know a boy, about 15, who often makes silly laughter, shakes his hands and speaks inappropriately.  His parents say that he could recognise a lot of vocabularies when he was young, but his condition reversed at teenage.  I have read some books which mention that autistic children may have regressive development at teenage due to change in hormone.

既來之則安之, 見招折招吧!
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

2#
發表於 05-5-9 08:13 |顯示全部帖子

My child is just 5.  He used to speak English before 4 and switched to Cantonese channel after 4.  I decide to let him speak Cantonese as majority of the rehabilitation services are in Cantonese.  Just want him to integrate with normal children and have a 'more normal' life.

I strongly agree to the view points of 稚言治語 & 思佳媽咪.  My child has used Cantonese for 17 months (1/2004 to now), his language is age-appropriate and quite close to normal according to my s.t.'s judgement and my child's teacher's observation.  My child has great improvement during these 17 months.  I think that my decision is correct.

3#
發表於 05-5-9 12:24 |顯示全部帖子

思佳媽咪,
英雄所見略同!!!
I will follow your steps.

思佳媽咪 寫道:

由於我努力和學校溝通,也敢說自己表現得有教養及誠懇,所以無論在小學及中學,他都很被接納,也可能是他的福氣,往往遇到好師長。但我真的要奉勸各位,無論小朋友的IQ表現如何佳,只要他是有學障的孩子,也儘量不要選擇只著重學科成積的Band 1 學校,因這些學校不重輔導,孩子的問題會被忽略,也不被接納,會令他們產生挫敗感,家長亦無從投訴,因學校的政策是:你讀不來,請轉校,大把人排隊……

在一群正常孩子中,他的成績也不是最差的一個,大把人墊底哩!有能力而不努力,才值得慚愧。

我在明愛PRC見到很多自閉大仔都很獨立,也大多能完成中學。當然,就業是個最頭痛的問題,這問題離我也不遠,現在也是見步行步。反正憂慮太多也無濟於事,只有求神帶領吧!路慢慢行下去,一定有出路的。各位同路人,努力吧!

4#
發表於 05-5-9 13:09 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Dr. T,
Can you suggest some good ways to train our children with reference to your professional experience?  We can't afford missing any valuable chance of training.  Million of thanks.      

Dr.T 寫道:
每一個自閉症的人士因著背景因素不盡相同,很難一概而論將來會怎樣...在我見過的個案中,由公開就業,甚至讀大學研究院,以至能力較弱的要長期照顧也有,所以不要擔心太多-把握現在可以訓練的空間!

5#
發表於 05-5-9 17:49 |顯示全部帖子

Please check PM.

jasper888 寫道:
Dr T seems to be someone respectable.  May I know who is Dr T please?

6#
發表於 05-5-9 19:30 |顯示全部帖子

急不及待,越快越好!  Can you hold some seminars in the near future?  

Dr.T 寫道:
我答應大家將來會安排機會讓各位能夠問過明白...不單只是自閉症.

7#
發表於 05-5-10 07:45 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Dr. T,
Oh!  Never mind.  I will wait for your seminar.

Dr.T 寫道:
Sorry no lar...最快都要9月,或更遲...

[quote]
mrsphcheung 寫道:
急不及待,越快越好!  Can you hold some seminars in the near future?  

[/quote]

8#
發表於 05-5-11 07:45 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,
Yes.  I always try to do something to make myself happy, especially when I am very down.  Otherwise, I won't have the strength to look after my child.

kmwun 寫道:
人一世物一世唔開心啲對唔住自己...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖