發新帖
查看: 2192|回覆: 0
go

有否家長選擇給子女repeat K3 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-1-17 23:49 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 有否家長選擇給子女repeat K3

I have similar problem.
My daughter was born at the end of Oct and my hubby would like her to repeat K3 so that her life would be easier in the primary school. He thinks 1 year is not a great deal in a life long education.
I understand his point but I believe my daughter will be able to catch up but of course not the top one! At the beginning, I also agreed to let her repeat K3 but in my mind is a different expectation from my hubby. I expect she would be able to be accepted by more famous private school of DSS next year. And would be the top batch in the class.
But now, I have changed my mind. I think the primary school is only the sowing stage in the education. As long as her motivation to learn is maintained and she is able to follow the syllabus, she should try. And also in K3, the teachers would always talk about primary school life so that the children would be more prepared for the coming school life. It would be a bit strange to the child that she is still staying in KG next year.
I didn't enroll in the first round but I submitted my application this round. The EMB said I can withdraw before middle of May if I change my mind.
It's really a dilemma and I have been argueing with my hubby and discussing with friends and teachers. No body could give you a definite answer. I think it depends on your expectation and beliefs. Repeating K3 could also give a lot of advantage to the child but mind you, all the disadvantages would come out first and you got to prepare for that.
Dec boy is in a bit disadvantage although not all are the same case. So if you do think that your kid is developing at his own pace which need to be respected, I think repeating K3 is not a bad decision.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖