搜索
教育王國 討論區 拔萃女小學 Kindergartens for DGJS
發新帖
查看: 19407|回覆: 1
go

Kindergartens for DGJS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-9-20 00:35 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My girl is two years old and I am considering K1 options for her. Other than the CCKG and St. Cat, are there other kindergartens that are favorable for DGJS admission? What does DGJS look for other than English proficiency?

I would considering to enroll her in an international kindergarten (e.g. ESF/ICS). Does that mean she would be at a disadvantage when applying P1 at DGJS if she speaks very good English but perhaps not as prepared academically since she has not gone through the academic rigor from places like St. Cat or Kentville?

Help!
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-9-25 15:34 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks, E.D.

It seems that what I have been hearing is that St. Cat for K1 then CCKG for K2 and K3 is the best path. Is it the "only path"? Does DGJS take in girls who have gone through other international kindergartens till K3 (100% English, run by native english teachers, more americanized curriculum -- more play, more interactions, but less academic rigor)?

If my daugther can speak fluent English (which she does right now at age 2 -- she speaks full sentences fluently in english all the time) and she continues in an English only kindergarten. Will she have a good chance for DGJS? Will she at a disadvantage if she has not gone through the academic "rigor" at places like Kentville? (e.g. dictation at age 4, etc)?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖