查看: 11085|回覆: 10
go

Comments on KBCK! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-9-21 14:03 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Comments on KBCK!

Hello All,
KBCK brings us together again.  

My son started school two weeks, I have seen the positive influence on him too.

One big change is he likes school and willing to talk about his school life.  He is happy to be there.

I found him more creative, patience and attentive.  The way he plays is a bit different.  He tends to make the normal things out-of-the-box.

As one of you said, KBCK emphasizes learn thru play.  I'd like to add what I can recall from interview - a stress on skills spanning social, communications, self-help in K1 too.

I like the 榕樹頭時間 in the drop-off room.  An interactive session, I saw the kids have fun there.

By the way, I really like the lattern he made in school.  I guess I need not enrol any arts & crafts course for this year.

One funny silly thing, he said the class teacher kisses his head/hair everyday.  He requests me to kiss his hair as well.  
salami

2#
發表於 05-10-15 14:19 |顯示全部帖子

Hello tyli,

Trying to address your questions though it has been late... pls accept my apology.
Yap, I mean the waiting time before lining up to classroom.  A teacher would tell story or sing songs with them.

I've received the class picture, can you tell me your girl's name via PM.  I cannot recognize her.

Do you like the recent crafts?  I found it's wonderful and  meaningful cos he can tell most of things he made.
Did her yell to go to school during term break?  My son was a bit disappointed cos no school this week.
salami

3#
發表於 05-10-20 21:52 |顯示全部帖子

Re:KBCK

Thanks for your sharing, Sandrine.  Agree, that room is a bit smaller.  Does your girl in CPM?

chuchuma,
I guess the requirement of KBCK will be tougher and tougher since more applications (local chinese) these days. Hence this is not as commercial as other int'l kindies, it would still stick to limited seats in both am and pm sections.  The earliest your application might help an AM admission if your child is admitted.

Frankly saying, most local chinese eng standard is unexpectedly low though they are studying in int'l kindies.  Their language ability mainly lies on daily family communications in such early stage.  It's better to communicate with your child in sentence at all time rather than single word, phases or vocabs what might stand out his ability amongst others.  The interviewer prefers kids learning naturally instead of academically, a stress of vocabs building may not help sometimes.  Interview usually takes place when applicant is around 2.5 yrs old.

Good luck.
salami

4#
發表於 05-10-31 09:02 |顯示全部帖子

Hello Sandrine,
Yes, my son is in CPM.
I've missed the kindergarten service last month.  Any idea when will be the next one?

Hi happybb3,
have you started teaching chinese to your kids?  joining class or private teacher? any recommendation?
salami

5#
發表於 05-10-31 20:34 |顯示全部帖子

happybb3,
We've started cantonese communication since summer holidays.  He is OK right now, sometimes mixed with english vocab what he doesn't know.  I usually correct him right away the exact expression.  I wonder whether I should start teaching 認字 or leave it after 4 years old.

Check pm please.

tyli,
Have you talked to the headteacher yet?  How is it?
PM me if you have time.
salami

6#
發表於 05-12-7 18:58 |顯示全部帖子

Hello All,

My son will be an Angel on Friday.  Will you be there?
I was a class helper last week, their xmas themed crafts are impressive too.
salami

7#
發表於 05-12-19 20:30 |顯示全部帖子

The Xmas Crafts surprise me again!
Teachers did spend lots of time with them on themed crafts.

I really like the stocking!    
salami

8#
發表於 05-12-26 08:15 |顯示全部帖子

Sandrine, your little had more to do as I can't find mistletoe and cracker in the bag... anyway they are all wonderful to me.

I've heard/read somewhere that we may buy the VCD of the christmas concert, but no further notice i've received.  Am i right?
salami

9#
發表於 06-1-5 22:08 |顯示全部帖子

Got the DVD today.  Watched it, Missed it!!

TY: Does your girl ok in new school?
salami

10#
發表於 06-1-8 12:26 |顯示全部帖子

where do you live fanny?
salami

11#
發表於 06-1-13 09:57 |顯示全部帖子

TY: got you. check pm please.

twokidsmum: school fee is $2200/month for K1, (not sure fee for K2) no other cost at all.  No uniform required, school bag & library bag are provided by the school for free.  In case, a replacement needed, school bag costs around $25 (not sure exactly).  The school arranged phototaking in sept by a PRO what costed me reasonbly.

Kids has to bring along their own snack every school day, school will provide juice and water.

Acceptance is not affected by your choice of AM or PM.  Session offer depends on your application date.

Please be reminded:
1. NO CHINESE OR CANTONESE in school.  That means you may seek for other aid of chinese learning.

2. No primary school or any particular relations with ESF.  You need to seek primaries on your own.

Hope it helps!
salami
‹ 上一主題|下一主題