搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Kingston interview
發新帖
查看: 9616|回覆: 10
go

Kingston interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-1-12 11:43 |顯示全部帖子
My girl (08 Dec) is now studying in the playgroup class, we submitted the application when she was 6 months old (09 Jun), if my memory is correct, we were called to interview around 2010 Feb/March, i.e. my girl is 1 year 2-3 months old.

We have no relationship with the School as my girl is our 1st kid.  I guess the time to call for interview is purely based on first-come-first-serve!

We are asked to pay the deposit for 2 year class (deadline was last friday), so i guess very soon, the School will start to contact those on queue for 2 year class as some seats must free-up!

Maybe due to my girl is older one in class, so to her, the teachings are a bit too simple for her.  But we noted that she really enjoys the time with the teachers and remember some of the songs learnt from School and will sing to us at home.

Hope to see more Kingston parent sharing here...seems very few Kingston threads in the BK forum.

2#
發表於 11-1-12 14:32 |顯示全部帖子
The interview is not an interview at all, just a school visit + discussion with a programme director (i forget exactly her post), and of course the payment of registration fee

During the discussion, the staff will tell u more about Kingston's education mission and the path, u r welcomed to express your concern or raise any questions.  Towards the end of the discussion, your baby would be invited to play some toys (dont worry, they'e all very simple toys and parent can assist, without really wanting to test your baby at all).  At the end the staff will confirm your offer of am or pm class and formal acceptance will be sent to you the next week.

原帖由 nys262 於 11-1-12 13:23 發表
Agreed with bbgrass; we have no relationship with the School, and my girl is our 1st kid as well.  I submitted the application when my girl was 3months old. I believe, our interview is really based on ...

3#
發表於 11-1-12 14:50 |顯示全部帖子
Koeda,

I agree with u that the free time is too long esp the class has been run for half year already and that most kids are elder and should be capable to have more circle time or more group activities (at least).  I plan to discuss this matter with the teachers in the Parents-Teacher meeting next week!

is your kid also in playgroup class or elder class already?

4#
發表於 11-1-13 17:11 |顯示全部帖子
As far as i remember, the interview is purely Cantonese :p  but i guess the staff will speak for whatever language you preferred, dont worry.

原帖由 nys262 於 11-1-12 17:18 發表
OIC, my girl is (big girl) also.

BTW, interview is in English/Putonghua/Cantonese? Because my hubby is a CBC, he's so worry that if he cannot speak in English.

5#
發表於 11-1-13 17:13 |顯示全部帖子
Koeda,

yes yes, we have paid the deposit for 2-year class.  How about you?

is your boy in morning or afternoon class?

6#
發表於 11-1-14 17:39 |顯示全部帖子
Dear nys262,

there are only 4 playgroup class, 2 morning (2 days / 3 days) each class is max 16 babies.  So that means only 64 babies are lucky enough to study in Kingston.  But...there is some babies quitting during the year ^o^

7#
發表於 11-1-14 17:43 |顯示全部帖子
hello1972.

both HKPS and Kingston are good schools!  it really depends on which one you preferred.  

perhaps u spend some time in understanding the schools' curriculum, the path..and if you have time, try to spend some time in watching the kids going to each school to feel yourself ^o^

8#
發表於 11-1-24 10:27 |顯示全部帖子
Did u tell the School that u prefer AM class?  and ask to change to AM class once there is availability?

in my girl's class (am), there was a pm class kid change to my girl's class when someone quitted!

9#
發表於 11-1-26 16:52 |顯示全部帖子
nys262,
You'r welcomed!!
Welcome to the Kingston family

10#
發表於 11-1-27 16:56 |顯示全部帖子
Ethanmami,
share with u my experience.  when i did the interview last year, the staff also told me only pm class available for my girl.  I voiced out to the staff that i preferred am class and if there is any vacancy in the morning class, pls switch my girl to it...the staff said "Sorry all am class have been filled up already as they have done all am class interviews already"....and to our surprise, when we receive the official offer letter from the School the next week, the class assigned to my girl is AM class, yeah!!

So hope you will receive surprise later on ^O^

11#
發表於 11-1-31 17:50 |顯示全部帖子
we didnt take the school bus service, but i know a few playgroup students in my girl's class took the schoolbus (with the maid), they need to wait for the k2 to k4 students to off (i.e. 30 minutes later than our playgroup class) and joined them for the school bus.  hope this piece of sharing would help for your planning.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題