發新帖
查看: 14164|回覆: 3
go

有無加拿大國際的家長? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-9-25 08:53 |顯示全部帖子
oneonemama 發表於 15-9-25 08:25
小孩喜歡上學嗎?老師質數如何?
我plan仔仔先讀anfield, 然後再考cndis, 如果入到K, 係咪直上小學?

Not trying to be fear mongering, but with the issues of CDNIS this past year between parents, teachers, and the administration, is it a wise choice, especially when there are so many IS out there?

2#
發表於 15-9-25 09:25 |顯示全部帖子
oneonemama 發表於 15-9-25 09:15
As my son has Canadian passport and we plan to move back to Canada when he is 10 years old
Any othe ...
CDNIS, Delia, and CAIS are the three that I am aware of that uses a Canadian curriculum, either Ontario or Alberta.

3#
發表於 15-9-25 11:26 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 random_dad 於 15-9-25 11:26 編輯
oneonemama 發表於 15-9-25 10:52
如果讀anfield, 考到cais的機會高嗎?

My perception is with CAIS, it doesn't matter which kindergarten your child comes from.  English is the primary factor, although if your child "warms up slowly" then I think whether CAIS or any other IS, that may be what poses the biggest challenge during the interview.  Your passport holding status will be an advantage.

CAIS is Alberta curriculum, and definitely small class sizes (20-21 in Primary).  But I think you're overthinking the problem, because with the education level the way it is in Canada, I doubt any IS in HK would be behind that of the public schools in Canada.  I think realistically, any child should transition favorably from an HK school to a Canadian public school, unless you're thinking Canadian private.  I'd worry about the culture shift more than school academics, although not much you can do about the culture shift, and only more of an issue if transitioning at a later age.

4#
發表於 15-9-29 10:04 |顯示全部帖子
oneonemama 發表於 15-9-25 23:21
Thanks! 但我真係有考慮比仔仔返加拿大讀私校的
What's the difference between private school in HK or in Canada then?  Typically, if people migrate back to Canada, it's either for job reason, or for school cost reasons.  For your time frame of 5-6 years, job reason is unlikely (who can plan that far?), and for school, people leave HK to Canada to put them in public so that the costs are lower compared to private here, or to get them out of the public system in HK.  If you are going to put them in (more expensive) private in Canada, why not just leave them in a good IS in HK all the way through?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖