發新帖
樓主: zigzag
go

SKH's interview (Central) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-13 14:35 |顯示全部帖子

Re: SKH's interview (Central)

We enjoy sharing experience.

Having read many replies from the parents with kids interviewed at SHK, some of them were disappointed with the experience gained from the interview. Parents would consider different perspectives upon choosing the "right" school for their kids. However, it seems that some of them were quite emotional in expressing their observation from the interview. A short interview would not of course provide an in-depth examination of the interviewees. This equally applies to the parents towards the observation of the school.

Parents are eager to have their kids studying in the "right" and "best" school. However, during the course of the competition, we should behave with an impartial manner, demonstrate a correct concept of value in front of our kids. Keen competition is because of limited resources in the field of education. Try the best is the motto of the parents as well as their kids.

My daughter is also studying in SKH. We are very happy with the school life as well as the campus. It's not easy to find a school with such as a big playground in the urban area. While I might be accused of conflcit of interest in "selling" the school, there seems no such initiative for me to do any favour for the school.

As revealed from my login ID, I do want to share with you my feeling throughout the period in educating and developing our kids.

Result for K1 in 07/08 is going to be announced. Anyway, all the best to all of us, no matter here or there.       

2#
發表於 06-11-13 15:59 |顯示全部帖子

唔寫中文驚有時因電腦version唔同而睇唔到。

好以仲有好多火,大家為人父母,都希望互相交流心德。如不

3#
發表於 06-11-13 17:16 |顯示全部帖子

We are serious because we care of our kids.

We share because we are not in a place with perfect information.

Sharing at ease here would not be a big problem probably our kids are still too young to gain access to internet. However, I always remind myself to be cautious in offering comments in front of the kids. They should be developed with a correct way of thinking and concept of value.

Anyway, it's wonderful to kick off the journey of chatting at this corner.  

BTW, I fully support to have application forms be downloaded from their website. Hope that we can voice out in the parent club to be set up this year.

4#
發表於 06-11-14 08:08 |顯示全部帖子

im_cyt,

It seems that not everyone was fairly assessed as revealed from the postings to this topic. SKH is of course not the only one with high reputation, there are still many.

I appreciate that we could always share what we have experienced in different perspectives. Your comment/reply did not upset me as we did share our feeling and hope that would help find the suitable way for our kids and no more.

Thanks.

5#
發表於 06-11-14 10:08 |顯示全部帖子

esmehouse,

I did not have much idea, especially in recent years. To my understanding, some of them went to St's Paul Co-edu, St's Paul Boy, DBS, DGS, etc. It depends on parent's choice and the competition result.

What we can do are to explore the interests of our kids when they still have spare time. Quite a lot of things are totally out of our control, just take an enjoyable life with our kids especailly when they still stay close with us.

Sorry that I might not be able to provide sufficient useful information.

6#
發表於 06-11-14 20:31 |顯示全部帖子

For those who are on waiting list, please do not give up if SHK is still one of your preferences. At this stage, almost all accepted would go for registration in late Nov 06. However, vacanies would come up when payment of tution fee in the coming Jun 07 when parents need to firm up their final decision.

For those were rejected, I am sure you would find your dream school shortly. Anyway, all the best.

:  :  :

7#
發表於 06-11-15 17:01 |顯示全部帖子

我十分贊同 fsforth

8#
發表於 06-11-27 14:57 |顯示全部帖子

As I have said in my earlier email, it is likley that all accepted would go for initial registration. Decision would then be made upon payment of tuition fee in mid next year. Take a rest for the time being for those who are on waiting list so long as SHK is still one of your consideration.

It is a bit uncomfortable to read some comments from parents who were very emotional in offering comment on individual schools. Though internet is a free flatform for all of us to share and exchange views, the attitude towards education should be critically reviewed. What I can say is that it would be premature to adversely comment the operation of a school simply from one or two occasions/experience, viz. interview or submit application form. The efforts spent and attention paid by the school towards our kids in the 3-year school life are much much much more important which we definitely cannot examine at the outset. What we can do is to search and exchange views among parents.

Many parents would visit thie website for interest or information, we should adopt impartial manner in offering comments. We should not take it at ease, similar to what we have done towards educating our kids!

Whenever you read this column, you would likely be the engineer of your kids at least in the preliminary stage of their education. Let's keep on sharing our experience.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題