教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 DBSPD family
樓主: eemay
go

DBSPD family [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

61#
發表於 07-6-25 17:17 |只看該作者

Re: DBSPD family

請問有無家長知道 : 07/08年度, G.1學生是否只需要於9月1 日才有orietation program? 咁, 整個暑假係咪無好似其他學校咁有小一預備班? 請幫忙!

我係咪要幫佢預備入参加其他暑期活動?

62#
發表於 07-6-25 22:06 |只看該作者

通告咁寫,應該係啦。

醒目開學勳章

63#
發表於 07-6-26 08:14 |只看該作者

我失左預算添!  我以為DBSPD會好似其他小學咁, 起碼有2至4星期預備班上, 驚撞晒d時間, 所以幼稚園既k3升小一預備唔敢報...   ..., 宜家可能報唔番添...

唔該你Unclejt!
Unclejt 寫道:
通告咁寫,應該係啦。

64#
發表於 07-6-26 09:56 |只看該作者

Hi dear all,

So glad to hear your boys could get in such famous school.

As my boy is now studing K2 and will going on to K3 after this summer, so we also plan to enroll my son to DBSPD for the term of 2008/2009.  Would any one be kind to share some interview hints / questions with me so that I have time to make preparation for my son.

Plsss   

Thanks in advance for all kind help & advice.

Elephant Ma

65#
發表於 07-6-26 14:22 |只看該作者

juicy媽 寫道:
我失左預算添!  我以為DBSPD會好似其他小學咁, 起碼有2至4星期預備班上, 驚撞晒d時間, 所以幼稚園既k3升小一預備唔敢報...   ..., 宜家可能報唔番添...

唔該你Unclejt![quote]
Unclejt 寫道:
通告咁寫,應該係啦。
[/quote]

Do u think it's necessary? There's two days orientation, and the first week of school is only half day.
:wink:

66#
發表於 07-6-26 14:24 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Have you buy the uniform? Which company is better?

67#
發表於 07-6-26 15:50 |只看該作者

eemay

Someone told me that Sai Kwong is better.

Will you join the swimming class? ... any comments?

For the info about learning instrument, the tuition fee is quite expensive. Any one knows about the qualification of the instructors? ... worth to learning instrument at school?

Please help!

junko

68#
發表於 07-6-26 16:28 |只看該作者

Junko,

Thanks for your comments, I will go to Sai Kwong,do u think mid Aug is too late to buy uniform. I hope my son will be taller in the summer : .

Swimming class, I didn't join yet! I may consider if they still have place. How about you?

Instrument: the qualification of the instructors are high. (Heard so) But don't know their method of teaching..............Will u join the meeting in 15/7?

69#
發表於 07-6-26 18:45 |只看該作者

Hi, anyone can share something w/ me???

Plssss...

70#
發表於 07-6-26 19:52 |只看該作者

Elephantma

My son, during the 1st interview, was asked to go into a classroom where he could choose books or toys.  He chose toys.  He was asked to see a movie "Nemo"; to compare the difference between two pictures and to answer a question that which kind of ship sails with wind force.

During the 2nd interview, I was asked to introduce my son (around 1 minute).  Then we were told to leave the classroom first.  The interviewer showed a picture to my son and asked him if he knew where the place was and he was also asked to use some legos (or blocks) to make a photo frame.

That's all I know and hope it helps.

71#
發表於 07-6-27 09:54 |只看該作者

Dear bigkelvin,

Thanks so much for your info.  It does help me to prepare for the interview.

BTW, I really want to know if religion contains certain weight/mark for selection?  Coz we're not Christian, so I still have some worry abt it.  : Pls kindly advice.

Anyway, many many thanks for your kind sharing.

Have a good day

Elephant Ma  

72#
發表於 07-6-27 14:40 |只看該作者

唔該,可唔可以pm小一書單給我,唔該。

73#
發表於 07-6-27 15:19 |只看該作者

Hi eemay

I don't think mid Aug is too late for buying the uniform since the uniform is simple, just white shirt + grey short ... but I do worry about the stock for PE uniform as some colour/size may be out of stock at the later stage!

I'm not likely to enroll the swimming class for my boy as the travelling time is my main concern.

I will join the instrument meeting and let my son get some ideas on other kinds of instruments. He has been learning violin for more than 2 years and he likes his violin teacher very much, so I won't arrange him to learn violin at school la .... how about your son?

junko

74#
發表於 07-6-27 15:26 |只看該作者

ElephantMa

SKH members/old boys/brothers will get 10% extra marks and the marks will be added in the 1st interview stage. All kids who have brothers in DBS or old boys' son will have 2nd interview and most of the SKH members have also been selected for 2nd interview. In other words, the chance for admissions for this group of kids are 50%.

Junko

75#
發表於 07-6-27 15:55 |只看該作者

76#
發表於 07-6-27 15:56 |只看該作者

ElephantMa

I just remember one more question for my son.  The interviewers asked my son what he liked to do?  My son told them that he liked watching TV, playing legos and games but didn't like to do homework.  When I knew my son answered them in this way, I got a bit disappointed and thought that he would not be enrolled.  We are not Christian and my son did not take any "interview class", but luckily my son was accepted.  So I think "being natural" and luck are also important.

Old boys/Christian has some advantage but luck also counts.  Good luck!!!

77#
發表於 07-6-27 15:57 |只看該作者

Thanks Junko,

If so, then the chance for my son to get in the 2nd round interview would much be lower lor~  Oh..what can I do????    I really wish my son could be selected as DBS boy...woooo....   

Any suggestions to me??/

78#
發表於 07-6-27 16:51 |只看該作者

ElephantMa

Don't worry ... as 300 kids will be selected for 2nd interview. The number of those "special" groups of kids will not be that great!

Trian your son to be outspoken, polite, creative and  independent la .... Good Luck!

junko

79#
發表於 07-6-28 09:06 |只看該作者

Morning Junko,

Million thanks for your kind advice.  I'll try ourt best to train up my son.

By the way, congratulations to your son. I think your son must be a smart boy.

Cheers
Elephant Ma   

80#
發表於 07-8-3 02:38 |只看該作者
Dear all,

How's the summer holiday of your sons? Did anyone join the swimming course for your son? How's it? I didn't join  for my son,  as I  joined the  other swimming club before received the letter.   

Let's meet on the orientation days!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題