1#
發表於 06-6-1 10:23 |只看該作者

My Gym / The Little Gym / Gymboree

how would you choose amongst the three?

please share your coments.

2#
發表於 06-6-1 10:52 |只看該作者

Re: My Gym / The Little Gym / Gymboree

my girl has joined Gymboree for 1 yr (since she's 1.5 yrs old).  She enjoys very much.  Now she attends the core course (Level 6) and Art class.  The place is clean and spacious and the teachers are very nice.  My girl likes the teachers very much. Whenever she is naughty, I'll threaten her that I would inform the teachers in Gymboree and won't allow her to attend the classes and she'll then behaved.  She even tells others that Gymboree is her office    !

In fact, Gymboree was recommended to me by a few different parents who I met in various occassions.  I also recommend it to my friends.  For the other two, no comment as I haven't tried them.

3#
發表於 06-6-1 12:23 |只看該作者

cocobean225,

My daughter joined My Gym (Hong Kong) when she was 1.5 – 3 years old. I would say the instructors there were very good.  The instructors there were young, energetic U-grads, either native speakers or able to speak like native speakers.  Facilities-wise, they rotate the gym set up every week.  Other than gym equipment, they also had slides, swings, ball pits.  They followed a strict program that began with circle time (warm up), gym skills centers, free exploration, games or puppet show or story time.  However, don't expect that your child will be very good at gymnastics by joining the class.  Rather it's like a playgroup with clean and safe gym facilities for your child to explore.   Fees are reasonable as you only need to pay a one-time membership fee of $200.  Each class costs $180 and each session has only about 10 classes which means you don't have to pay for 3 or 4 months' fees in advance.  From my experience, make-up classes could be arranged without any difficulty.  I've visited their new center in Hunghom and the classes were conducted by the experienced instructors from the center in Hong Kong.

The Little Gym has great facilities, very big site with different kinds of gym equipments (the beam, hi and low bars, trampoline, etc.). My daughter had a trial lesson there last year but I didn't enroll her because the instructors we had last time were not good at all.  They were unable to get the attention of the children and basically the children were running around doing what they like. Also the max class size was 18 (15 at My Gym).  Imagine 18 children with their parents were quite unmanageable.  They might have improved now, I don't know as they have opened a new center in Shatin.  Their term last for quite a few months and you need to pay an annual membership fee as well.

I've no comment about Gymboree as I haven't tried it before.

4#
發表於 06-6-1 17:12 |只看該作者

Lilo,

Is there any parking at the same building of Gymboree?  

If my husband and I bring my daughter to Gymboree, can both of us accompany my daughter in class?  If not, is there any waiting area to wait for the child?

Thanks.

Lilo 寫道:
my girl has joined Gymboree for 1 yr (since she's 1.5 yrs old).  She enjoys very much.  Now she attends the core course (Level 6) and Art class.  The place is clean and spacious and the teachers are very nice.  My girl likes the teachers very much. Whenever she is naughty, I'll threaten her that I would inform the teachers in Gymboree and won't allow her to attend the classes and she'll then behaved.  She even tells others that Gymboree is her office    !

In fact, Gymboree was recommended to me by a few different parents who I met in various occassions.  I also recommend it to my friends.  For the other two, no comment as I haven't tried them.
HELLO!

5#
發表於 06-6-1 19:00 |只看該作者

No parking at St. John Building but you can park at Murray Building/Citibank Tower which is next to St. John Building.

In theory, they only allow one parent to accompany the child in the class and the other can wait at the waiting area.  Yet, if the class is not full, they would allow both parents to accompany the child.  Usually, my hb will take photos for my girl while we are in the class.

6#
發表於 06-6-4 09:49 |只看該作者

I join the little gym (shatin)in summer, after attending the class, i will share my experiences.

7#
發表於 06-6-4 17:24 |只看該作者

Hi,
My kid also has joint the Gymboree 'Music' Class before and she is now attending the 'Core' Class. The instructors are very nice and the area and equipments are clean. You can join the trial class to see whether your kid like it.

8#
發表於 06-6-4 23:34 |只看該作者

My daughter just joined the trial 'Core' class yesterday. The place was spacious and clean. The class size was O.K. and the content was quite well organized. Though my daughter cried in class, the teacher was patient and nice. She teached me how to deal with the situation. I decided to join the package of 12 classes and hoped that my girl would enjoy the class later.

9#
發表於 06-6-5 09:43 |只看該作者

Hi GermanLin,

My son will be joining the Birds (10-18 months) programme starting on 11 of Jun at 11:15am.

Which class is your little one in?

10#
發表於 06-6-5 15:52 |只看該作者

He is only at bud class(4-10months)
actually, he is now 8 months, but poor physical movement, so i think it's suitable for him to act as big brother in the bud class.

11#
發表於 06-6-6 09:41 |只看該作者

GermanLin,

I hope our babies will enjoy the gym class.
I'm also excited about the trial lesson this Sunday, I hope the class size won't be too big. As the other parents said the maximum class size could go up to 18. That's really too much.

12#
發表於 06-6-6 10:44 |只看該作者

my son have tried all of them, My Gym can learn some skills and more organised, however the centre size are limited.  

The Little Gym is just for fun, really for fun which is better for babies below 2 years old, most kid run around at the space even there are circle time, they will not listen to the teacher, wasting money.  

Gymboree is abit boring.  That's our experience.

Until now, my son miss My Gym very much,  he always ask me to bring him to the lesson but his activities is very busy, so i stopped him to go.
>>>>>????

13#
發表於 06-6-6 13:56 |只看該作者

cocobean225, which one are you going on this Sunday?  The Little Gym?  I am also going to a trial lesson on this Sunday.  But the location is at the New World Centre.  Is it the same one you're going?

14#
發表於 06-6-7 10:58 |只看該作者

lawlinhy,

My son is going to The Little Gym (Shatin) this sunday for trial class.

15#
發表於 06-6-7 11:04 |只看該作者

I also bring my baby to The little Gym (Tsim sha Tsui) this Sunday for the trial lesson  .
:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P[img]

16#
發表於 06-6-11 01:48 |只看該作者

We joined one term of classes in Little Gym in TST before. Although it's very big and kids are happy, I found the group is so big that the teachers there cannot control the kids. Moreover, some parents are not 合作 during the group activity and let their kids running around. As you know, when one kid starts to run around, other kids will follow....So, if your purposes just want to let the child run and play and jump, it's a good place. However, if you want your child to learn new things or learn to follow instructions, it's impossible. Another thing I don't like the centre is - too commercial. Right after the trial class or my last class, they just keep on following me and presuading me to join their term....

I went to My Gym trial class. To me, I feel more comfortable as I don't like 'hard selling' style or too commercial. However space is much smaller. To me, it's still ok as the group is smaller. The kids can pay attention, see the demonstration and follow the instructions, taking turn...etc. I feel that the teachers are more well-trained and professional. However, one thing is....i put my son's name in the waiting list for 6 months, and still no reply...

17#
發表於 06-6-11 17:56 |只看該作者

lawlinhy and maycmhui,

What do you think about the trial class?
Well my son today didn't really participate or enjoy much during the circle time, or simply he just can't follow the instructions and do by himself. He's more like watching or observing others.
However, I'm quite impressed about the kids gym facilities, at least giving him a chance to run around and exercise.
After the class, I was exhausted too.

BTW I did sign up for the package and will start the second class next week. I'll just give it a try and see if my son can learn anything from it.

Compared with the Todderobics playgroup I've been to yesterday at Anfield, I find the birds program at the little gym is more organized and fun.

18#
發表於 06-6-11 22:08 |只看該作者

my son (16 months)go to Tots and Toddlers Plus is in Sheung Wan.  he start when 7 months. he loves it! now he know so many thing. Miss cara love the babys! she is very good teacher.

http://www.totsandtoddlers.com

hope you like it too!

19#
發表於 06-6-12 14:07 |只看該作者

cocobean225 & all bk moms,

I would like to tell you about my experience in The Little Gym yesterday. ****************

I  had booked the Trial Class at 1:30 p.m. last Sunday before.  I had received many calls from The Little Gym last Saturday.  The first call, a female staff called me to confirm my booking.   After that, Marxxn, staff of Little Gym called me to inform the course starting time was 12:15 p.m. instead of 1:30 p.m. And after further checking, Mxxxxn again gave another call to confirm the time was 12:15.
Therefore I went there with my family on time. However, the staff there told me the course at that time was for 3 years old children, my baby's course was 1:30p.m.  The staff suggested us to walk around and came back at 1:30 p.m. However when my baby saw the facilities there, she was very happy and didn't like to leave. However, we felt very hungry and could not wait further to attend the course. We felt very disappointed because we wasted our time with my bady not attending any course.     

20#
發表於 06-6-12 14:58 |只看該作者

Yes. Ribbon,

Agreed
Yesterday, I saw some children (3-4 yrs old) also like that. They run around and played by themselve.  (as same as clubhouse - playroom)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題