搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Vic Kindy to IS?
樓主: Atecila
go

Vic Kindy to IS? [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 17-9-25 13:11 |只看該作者
siubotze 發表於 17-9-25 12:18
Hi, it's still in early days to comment, but what I really like is the close communication between  ...

Thanks for your helpful sharing again !!! So u believe EYFS is more structured than IBPYP? Their sai Kung campus seems very nice with outdoor space too. Do children get enough free play time in the outdoor space ?

82#
發表於 17-9-25 15:07 |只看該作者
回覆 Atecila 的帖子

That is solely based on my observations and sharing with friends in the educational field.  EYFS is more of a traditional curriculum to build the foundations of students, whereas IBPYP is more exploratory based.  There is no boundary for an IBPYP program, which means your kid can either learn a lot or learn nothing. The effectiveness of the PYP are based on how the teacher/school run the program and whether your kid is receptive to exploratory based learning.  To me, building a sound foundation at this stage is very important.  I would rather go for a more step-by-step approach than completely go wild at this stage.
The NAIS Sai Kung campus has a lovely outdoor area, however, it can never be compared to the outdoor playground at Abacus.  If you don't mind your little one got muddy, wet and messy every day after school and potentially fell sick because of the temperature difference of indoor and outdoor area, Abacus is the way to go.   

83#
發表於 17-9-25 19:08 |只看該作者
siubotze 發表於 17-9-25 15:07
回覆 Atecila 的帖子

That is solely based on my observations and sharing with friends in the educati ...

Thanks as always for your very detailed and helpful insights ! My preference is also for a more solid foundation of basic knowledge at primary ears and hence looking into primary schools that adopt EYFS. That's why am looking at NAIS too alongside Abacus. at the same time I also have the belief of learning through play. Btw what is the class size at NAIS? In terms of culture mix, At least from my visit on their campus, I see quite a lot of westerners.  

84#
發表於 17-9-25 19:20 |只看該作者
Atecila 發表於 17-9-25 19:08
Thanks as always for your very detailed and helpful insights ! My preference is also for a more sol ...

For the first year of opening, we are privileged to have a class size of 6 only.   It will increase to around 12 in the future.  Half of our class is westerners.  Compared to Abacus, the number of foreigners are similar, if not more.  

85#
發表於 17-9-25 19:26 |只看該作者
siubotze 發表於 17-9-25 19:20
For the first year of opening, we are privileged to have a class size of 6 only.   It will increase ...

Oh I see - so the max class size for reception is 12 ? To how many teachers? Thanks!! If so it's a very good ratio indeed!

86#
發表於 17-9-25 20:13 |只看該作者
Atecila 發表於 17-9-25 19:26
Oh I see - so the max class size for reception is 12 ? To how many teachers? Thanks!! If so it's a  ...

Each class with 1 teacher, maximum around 12 pupils.  Two classes are sharing one class room, so there will be 24 students with 2 teachers there.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題