ucas 選校策略   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-9-28 23:36 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
之前有上EK睇過有家長話 ucas 選校都好有學問,請大家分享下
好嗎?
   50    0    0    0

2#
發表於 16-9-29 16:25 |顯示全部帖子
thanks for sharing.  He's predicted grades are yet to be made  3A*A/B.can he try LSE &Imperial?

3#
發表於 16-12-6 00:31 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 888iphone4s 的帖子

報左邊科?要什麼成績?

4#
發表於 16-12-9 00:04 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 wesleypiano 的帖子

TRS have post below info for ur ref.

Just logged into my UCAS track and found LSE under the "unsuccessful" box

Now I am really discouraged because LSE was my dream school and I am afraid that there is a major flaw in my application that might ruin my application for other schools as well. The official feedback from the admissions selector said that my application was unsuccessful as a consequence of my personal statement but my counselor said that he found it odd that my personal statement was good enough to get me an interview for Cambridge but not the LSE

My grades are 5A* 4A in IGCSE and predicted 43 in IB with 777 HL and now I am afraid that I may get rejected from Cambridge, Kings and Warwick too

Can anyone shed some light???? thanks!!!

…see more

Getting an interview and getting an offer are not the same thing. Cambridge interviews about 80% of its applicant cohort, whereas the LSE LLB's offer rate is around 15%. Assuming the applicants are of a similar calibre (considering most LSE applicants are also Oxbridge hopefuls), one can imagine that there would be a much lower threshold for Cambridge interviews than for LSE offers.

I suspect that the GCSE + IB combo might have been the killer. Since your only "firm" grades are your GCSEs, which are unexceptional by LLB standards, LSE might have found it difficult to expect you to actually get a 43 in the IB. Alternatively, even if they did take your IB predictions seriously, the GCSEs may have nonetheless put you at a disadvantage to those with straight A*s at GCSE level. When LSE has so few data points about the applicant (GCSE+IB predictions+P.S.), failing to pass the bar on just one of them could result in a rejection.

5#
發表於 16-12-10 02:29 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 wesleypiano 的帖子

係,it's rolling bases, first come, first served.

6#
發表於 16-12-10 13:45 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 tangko 的帖子

多謝你同maninng 2014 的comments. 我都係新手,有錯請指正。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題