用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anyone heard about Harbour School? Please share if y ...
樓主: OpheliaMama
go

Anyone heard about Harbour School? Please share if you know it! [複製鏈接]

冬日勳章

21#
發表於 16-5-12 17:16 |只看該作者
torunpoland 發表於 16-5-12 07:38
回覆 Jayelle 的帖子

you may consider writing to them and asking for a school tour during which you  ...
I just joined their school tour today. Just want to gather more comments from real parents. XD But they do really give great confidence to me to the school's curriculum today during the tour, I wish my girl can get a place.

22#
發表於 16-5-12 22:30 |只看該作者

回覆:OpheliaMama 的帖子

Have you been to new zap Lei Chau campus? My daughter will do K class this coming Aug. So looking forward to the new campus.

By the way do u know students mostly live in island side? Any Kowloon or Tung Chung students there?

冬日勳章

23#
發表於 16-5-13 02:31 |只看該作者
kokchung81 發表於 16-5-12 22:30
Have you been to new zap Lei Chau campus? My daughter will do K class this coming Aug. So looking fo ...
No, I visited the Kennedy Town one. Heard that the Ap Lei Chau campus is still under renovation. We didn't mention about the residential location problem, but the teacher said it's a must to take school bus or public transport to school in the future.

冬日勳章

24#
發表於 16-7-9 00:31 |只看該作者
kokchung81 發表於 16-5-12 22:30
Have you been to new zap Lei Chau campus? My daughter will do K class this coming Aug. So looking fo ...
My girl is admitted to the pre-k class in ap lei chau, might meet you there! XDD

25#
發表於 17-3-12 03:28 |只看該作者
For Harbour School parents, have you bought the family debenture upon admission? Is it pretty much the same as the debenture system of other IS?

26#
發表於 17-3-13 10:33 |只看該作者
May i know if the school offer any Chinese learning? Thanks much

冬日勳章

27#
發表於 17-3-28 05:04 |只看該作者
totopi77 發表於 17-3-12 03:28
For Harbour School parents, have you bought the family debenture upon admission? Is it pretty much t ...

Compulsory debenture, 400k

冬日勳章

28#
發表於 17-3-28 05:10 |只看該作者
pppwong 發表於 17-3-13 10:33
May i know if the school offer any Chinese learning? Thanks much

Mandarin with simplified Chinese

29#
發表於 17-4-1 22:02 |只看該作者
My child got offer for both KIS and the Harbour School. Any opinion? KIS much cheaper. But I'm so impressed with the vision of the Harbour School!

30#
發表於 17-4-2 10:10 |只看該作者
回覆 bananalai 的帖子

KIS got more Asian students, Habour school got more westerners. KIS has good ESL Program and Harbour school got better literacy & numeracy and marine studies.

31#
發表於 17-4-6 17:39 |只看該作者
I came across THS while I am looking for an IS support SEN student. My daughter has mild speech delay and most school declined her because they do not have resources to support children with SEN. Im attracted to THS because of its small class size and support to SEN student.

My daughter used to go to an international kindergarten which advocates learn through play. Her kindergarten years were just about playing, no homework/ reading/ writing. It may be fit if it was not in HK. But for us, when we started to apply an IS primary I realize she was obviously lag behind academically as compared to her same age peers, who had been learning writing and reading. And it was extremely difficult for her to get a primary IS spot. We subsequently repeated K3 at another kindergarten and with adequate stimulation, she was learning fast to pick up Maths/ phonics.

My concern now is, I know THS is a school not chasing after academic achievement. And Im also not chasing after academic achievement too. But at least, her years in THS should equip her with necessary academic skills/ exam results for her to further her education in a school/ field that she likes to.

It would be dreadful for me if she finishes her school years in THS happily and then realize that she does not have the necessary exam results/ academic skills for her to continue her education in a school / field that she likes.

Would any current THS parents share with me if they have this concern too? Im aware that THS does not have high school yet until coming 1-2 years so one cannot see any objective results.

32#
發表於 17-4-14 02:48 |只看該作者
回覆 LauCF 的帖子

I'm not an existing parent but I have made an application already. No school is perfect and as my child has been assessed to have SEN my priority for choosing a school is its support for SEN students. If you are worried about its academic level, you may send an email to their admission officer. They have been very helpful during my application process. In addition, if money is not a big concern you can always get after-school tutorials to supplement her curriculum.

33#
發表於 17-4-16 21:53 |只看該作者
回覆 LauCF 的帖子

THS will be a through-train school in Sept. They have secondary school up to Grade 11 now and will have Grade 12 in Sept 2017.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題